December 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Starflash - Lotusland

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by starberry237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a very pigmented lilac purple. The colour lasts a long time with a primer and theres so much its going ot take a long time to use up all of the product. the only thing i don't like is that you can only wear this for special occasions as this colour is bright and not an everyday eyeshadow colour not suitable for school.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by noellethediva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a great lilac purpley color. Wore it today for the first time, on the lid paired with moth brown in the crease. Would work best for a lid color. Was smooth and blended well. Not all colors are supposed to be super pigmented! I'm fair so worked well for me using a lid primer. Won't need to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

I adore the shade in the pot, but the pigmentation is horrible for a high end product. This texture is not starflashy at all. I was very disappointed by this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by LilSphinx

After seeing so many photos and EOTD's of this product, I really wanted to try it out. So I recently bought a pan of it. I expected it to be a highly pigmented, opaque, light pearl with high sheen -especially being a Starflash item.

On my fair complexion it looks washed out and seems to be lacking in the pigmentation dept..
I like NYX's "Frosted Lilac" more for this color.

I'm disappointed in it and am trying to either sell it or swap it away. Would NOT repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So pretty! I normally don't wear lighter shades or any color. I prefer dark, neutral smokey eyes, but after reading about a lot of mac eyeshadows and seeing how a lot of people like this, I decided to try it. WOW, I was pleasantly surprised! I have been trying to change my makeup and experiment with colors an I'm glad I tried this. I can actually see myself using it often with a lot of different shades and the texture is divine. A dream to apply! I used it on my lid (with a base of butternutty shadestick but I also like using neutral paintpots or paints) and top hat on crease and out v. I also love using it with Chanel's Magic Night (beautiful purple-ish/burgundy eyeshadow) instead of Top Hat sometimes. I'm NC25-35, right now I'm NC-25 but getting closer to NC30. I have dark, deep-set eyes and Lotusland brightens them up and enhances the color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

This is one of my favourite MAC shadows. It's a gorgeous pink-purple, with just enough shimmer, but not too much. It's not super duper pigmented, but it's enough for a daytime look. Lasting power on its own was mediocre, it just barely made it to the end of an 8-hour day. I usually use Lumene's primer though, which makes all shadows last amazingly long, so that's not an issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by blink1217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In the pan this color looked kinda meh to me, like any other lavendar color...nothing special. But I swatched it out of curiosity and was really surprised at how pigmented it actually was. I tried it with UDPP and combined it with graphology in the crease and absolutely loved how easy it was to blend. I feel all the colors from starflash collection are so smooth and very blendable. If this color is re-promoted in the future I would purchase again. NC30/35.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lotusland is a pretty frosty lavendar e/s color that is very pigmented, but not overly so. I paired this with Nocturnelle in the crease and carbon in the outer v and it looked gorgeous. I'm glad I purchased this one b/f it sold out since it was LE. If it becomes available again and I am out of it, I would repurchase this one. For reference I am NC43.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It looks so pretty in the pot but it's just too darn sheer on the eye without a good base. I'm actually going to try using it wet to see if that will get the color to show up more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by maconmyface

This one is a super pretty shade of light purple, which is more pink toned than blue toned. It has a slight silvery smooth shimmer that makes it look somewhat pearly. The only problem is that it takes a few layers to get the pigmentation strong. I dunno why but wearing this makes my feel like a Japanese pop star.