April 20, 2014 | 1640 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Peroxide

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by kap112358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been on the hunt for a nice pale pink. It's nearly impossible for most pink lipsticks to show up since my lips are ridiculously pigmented. I ordered "peroxide" thinking that it might work; I love Urban Decay and have almost always been impressed with their quality. I normally would not spend that much on lipstick, since I don't wear it much, but when it when on sale for $8 I figured I'd give it a try.
In the tube it looks like a pretty demure, nude pink...on the lips, however, it gives a sickly frosty color. I first applied this just over chapstick and it kind of washed out and frosted over my lips...not attractive. I thought it might have been because my natural lip color was interfering with the lipstick, so I tried it over a lip primer. The results were even worse! I looked like a corpse! I have tried mixing this with other lipsticks, but I just cannot get this to work for me. I gave it two stars because it did feel very creamy and was somewhat opaque on my lips. I would try this lipstick in another color but this will definitely be returned.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I discovered this by mistake and was pleasantly surprised to realize that it's a very similar colour to my beloved MAC Plink! Peroxide is a pretty neutral with a slight sheen. The formula is moisturizing and wears well and the little sword imprint on the lipstick is cute.

Now for the bad. First of all, not a lot of bang for your buck. Looking at the packaging and the price, I was expecting a LOT more product. And while the sword is cute, I find the rest of the tube bulky and difficult to store. It looks good on display with all the other UD products but looks kind of awkward with the rest of my lipsticks. My only major complaint with this product is the smell! It's like a chocolate-cinnamon smell. While MAC lipsticks are subtly scented, these UD lipsticks can be kind of overpowering. Once on I don't notice the smell but I hold my breath while applying this.

Overall, a good product but it has its flaws..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Plink! is my favourite MAC lipstick and it's been discontinued - this is pretty close. It's a bit more pink and slightly less nude, but it's an okay substitute. I think the packaging is cute, but definitely not practical. My biggest complaint is the smell! It smells like artificial chocolate or something. So gross. Instead of buying this again, I wish I had just bought a Plink! backup.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by lyzaklls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this lipstick for about a month, and I absolutely love it! My only wish is that for $22 a pop, you could get a bit more product.
Sure, the packaging doesn't appeal to all, but the product itself is great. (It may not be professional to pull a lipstick with a sword out in the office, but when you do it at a concert, or just after high school lunch, you look pretty badass. =P)
This lipstick is smooth, really comfortable to wear, and I don't mind the smell, it's sweet like a dessert, but it doesn't bother me. I usually wear this with Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy lip junkie and they make a great nude lip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by mascaraismycrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have recently becomen in love with lipstick. I guess I'm getting older and I just find that gloss looks to "young" on me. I am very picky when it comes to lipstick though, usually opting for Chanel or Giorgio Armani. I decided to buy 3 Urban Decay lipsticks during their F&F. Peroxide is one of the shades I got. This is a very frost pale pink. I didn't notice a scent, so I'm not sure what others are referring to. The formula is like butter~very moisturizing and soft. It just glides on my lips w/out tugging (MAC l/s anyone?). This shade is very difficult to pull off. I would only recommend this for fair skinned, light haired ladies. I'm NC20 (normally NC15 but I fake tan in the summer). I have hazel eyes and bronde hair (dirty blonde w/ golden highlights). This is a great shade on me. I like to do a smokey eyes with browns and this l/s is my finishing touch. I can even pull this off naked face. But yes I can see where many others gave this a bad review since like I said the shade isn't made for everyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very dissapointed in this, packaging, color, texture, the SMELL (way to powerful)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by ElizabethWoods

Nope. I see almost no color, frost, or anything o my lips. I love this brand of lipsticks, however this color is so blank. I would not buy again. I'm not at all trilled I spent $22 + tax on it. *humph!*

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by selenalikeduhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate this color! It is a shimmery pink but not pale pink which I woold probably love. I just can't get the true color on my lips.and I HATE the smell its like burnt sugar/caramel disgusting. I do love the packaging its so well..urban decay! Will not buy THIS color again

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Jamie5560

Ok. I have mixed feelings about this. I hate the packaging. I mean, are we 5 or what? I am a little embarrassed pulling out a huge purple tube with a sword sticking out of it every time I need to touch up. Not very professional looking. I realize Urban Decay is supposed to be kind of out there with packaging, but can we just have a moderately normal looking lipstick to put in our purses? The color is great. I love it. I have dry lips and it is very moisturizing. However, with moisture, you sacrifice staying-power. It does not last long on. I am not a lip liner fan, but it will make you much happier with this product if you wear it. Nude or dark pink liner should match well. Be sure to fill in your lips with it, and not just the outline. The smell is truly wretched. It is disgusting. It's like sweet, caramel, creamy crap. It makes me a little nauseous actually. PLEASE PLEASE get rid of that smell! I can't taste it thankfully, and the smell goes away fairly soon after application (as with much of the lipstick), but ick! I would like to try some of the other UD colors, as I think they would have more staying power. And despite my dislike of the packaging and smell, I will probably repurchase. Just love the color, texture, and moisture!
EDIT: I returned this. It had absolutely no staying power, and realized the color really didn't look the same out in the natural day light. And I still despise the packaging and smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by refuse2lookold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so this is very moisturizing lipstick. Great for dry lips. The color is sheer pink/natural. Very sheer. Feels nice, looks nice. The fragrance is fine, not overwhelming. It will work well to tone down too bright colors! Interesting packaging concept. Well, compared to the lip gloss with the guys on them, this is great. I would not have to hide while reapplying, and yes, it is not long wear. You will be reapplying!