Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.2

on 11/20/2014 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I just bought a new bottle, and dudes, considering how insanely pricey this is, that's saying a lot. I wear this two ways. One, mixed with a bit of foundation, during the day, for an airbrushed look. Two, as the primer underneath my foundation on date nights. This is not going to last ALLNIGHTLONG. Try a more heavy duty hard core primer.

This is a more dewy, smoothening type primer that works really well on making you look natural and while keeping the oilies at bay. But if you're crazy oily, like me, it's not going to be that effective.

on 11/2/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It is so far so good with this primer and will have to be my HG for now. I have combination skin - I get flakey while applying make up so my skin tends to be on the dry side everywhere you can think of even on my eye lids and by the end of the night my make up is melting off. Gross right ? This was suggested to me from a girl in sephora. It has a nice consistency doesn't take long to soak into skin it definitely hydrates which is what I need when applying. It's not for pores but I have huge pores and it definitely minimizes not all the way but it does a good job. The scent is light but not irritating scents usually make me break out but this hasn't. It definitely keeps my make up fresh all night I work In a restaurant constantly running back and forth and by the end up of the night my make up is still intact I don't get as oily as I would by the end. I would definitely suggest this to anyone with skin like mine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a MAC girl. For primers I either used MACs primer, or monistat. I was getting married and decided to buy the MUFE primer/foundation/powder mini kit that they sell at sephora. I got a smaller size of all 3 (primer/foundation/powder).

HORRIBLE. The primer is super watery.

I have oily skin, and this seemed to magnify it. Like after I applied makeup, and did my hair, my face was already super shiny. Like it felt like I had worn the makeup at the beach and it had only been an hour.

I will definitly not purchase this product ever again.

I will be buying another bottle of monistat. Do yourself a favor, and save yourself some money. Monistat anti chafing gel is THE BEST primer.

on 6/23/2014 1:24:00 PM

I received a sample of this from Sephora and was really excited to try it out - I love primers! My favorite primer is Hourglass' Mineral Veil, which is very similar to this (in theory).

This primer is lightweight and goes on smoothly, foundation looks very nice on top. The problem I have is that it makes my combination skin oily, very oily. I need to blot within an hour and a half, as opposed to 3-4 hours with Hourglass' primer. My makeup does last a long time though! It is also expensive, for a small amount (which I don't mind, if the product is wonderful).

I won't be purchasing or reccomending this to a friend.

on 11/29/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

At first I liked this so much since it smells wonderful and fresh and it felt like a light gel moisturizer when applied; but after using it a couple of times I realized that it wasn't even really doing anything except lightly moisturizing my face. It didn't make my skin feel flawless nor did it help my makeup stay on longer which is the reason why us ladies buy primer!! Definitely won't purchase this again nor will I buy any other products from MUFE since it is not a cruelty free brand.

on 7/29/2013 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Makeup forever did wonders, like usual! I look like a different person everytime! Thank you!

I bought this at Sephora because I wanted to try it out. I was pretty surprised to see that it had a gel texture but this did nothing for my skin or makeup. I think this is more of a moisturizer than a primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got the 'neutral' version of this primer when I first bought the MUF HD foundation. Honestly....I feel like this primer doesn't do that much. It feels nice when you put it on...more like a light gel moisturiser. I didn't notice much change to my skin other than it looking more hydrated. The longevity of my foundation was not extended, nor were my pores more concealed. Overall not a great product for me. I borrowed the green version of this from a friend, and I feel the same about that one, just the green did help reduce the redness but foundation does that anyway so it seems kind of pointless.

on 6/5/2013 3:10:00 PM

It was okay.. Nothing special. I liked how it was not too drying or oily on my skin. I'll probably try out other primers.

on 5/8/2013 11:51:00 AM

This primer is pretty average. The pros are that it smells nice, it makes my skin really soft and that it does hold my make up decently. I think that it would work better if you don't have excess oil on your skin. I'm going to keep trying different primers, but overall, this primer works okay.