Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub - Oil-Free

4.2

Water, Methyl Gluceth 20, Lauryl Glucoside, Polyethylene, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone PEG 8 Meadowfoamate, Fragrance (Parfum), Microcrystalline Wax, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, DMDM Hydrantoin, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Polyquaternium 7, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5, Red 30, Talc, Ultramarines

on 4/21/2015 12:43:00 AM

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE DRUG STORE SCRUB/FACEWASH.
I absolutely love this product.
I've struggled with acne for quite a while and had a hard time finding a face wash/scrub suitable for me.
Then, I ran into this miracle worker and have been hooked since.
I can't even count how many of these I have bought for not just me but my boyfriend (who prior to use would only use Dove bar soap & never had an acne problem).
I bought one for home and one for when I sleepover my boyfriend's.
I had him try it once and he got hooked. He loves it and I constantly have to make sure he didn't use all of it before I sleep over. Its also reduced redness from his skin.
ABSOLUTE STEAL.

*HELPFUL TIPS/WARNINGS*
-The beads give you a refreshing burst (which is why my bf loves it).
- Works to remove makeup (however, still recommend removing makeup before wash)
-IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN THIS IS NOT**** THE PRODUCT FOR YOU.. (Yes, this product is amazing but the big con is if you have sensitive to dry skin, it may cause irritation or peeling).
- You may need to moisturize after because it does leave skin a bit dry.

on 4/5/2015 11:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love this face wash, I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and already I can see a difference in my skin. My pores have cleared up and my skin looks so much clearer and brighter.

I also love the fact that when you use it it has a strong fresh smell to it and once it's applied to my skin I can feel it working as my face tingles, overall I'd definitely recommend this product to anybody looking for quick visible results and cleaner, spot free skin x

I LOVE this product. I'm a full time baker and I have oily skin. So over all I come home and feel like I have a cake on my face. And this product makes my face feel squeaky clean. Now mind you I hardly wear makeup but when I do this product gets everything off my face as well. Its not ruff it does not feel scratchy and I love the tingle of it. I'm 20 and iv'e used this product since I was a freshman in high school. Its cheap and it works and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. And so does everyone that has used it iv'e switched all my friends to this cleanser as well. Id give it a try

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this product for years. After trying many others, I kept coming back to this, so I stuck with it. But I think skincare is not a one-product-fits-all thing, so this may not work for you and the only way to find out is to try it. I have combination skin that for some reason builds up dead skin cells pretty quickly, so I need to exfoliate at least every 2 days to keep my skin clear and smooth. That makes my skin pretty tough against exfoliants. Yours may not be. If you have sensitive skin, the beads in this product may cause irritation. But for me, they barely do anything. I primarily use this product for the cleansing. I use it every morning in the shower only on my face. It's almost like a gel consistency, which I like because cream cleansers make me break out. Every other day or every 2 days, I do a salt scrub to exfoliate and kill bacteria, then use this product after, followed by Olay Complete moisturizer. This method has helped me keep my skin very clear and smooth. But I don't think it would work well for someone with dry, sensitive skin. So try it out, give it a few weeks. That's really all you can do when it comes to finding skincare products that work for you.

I've started using this about three times a week to help address my acne-prone skin. My skin did clear up after about a week of use. There's an interesting after-tingle from the menthol, but it feels & smells more like vapour rub than a refreshing cleanse. The pluses are it's also a great body scrub, not drying, great value and gentle on the skin. The minuses are the smell doesn't agree with me and doesn't smooth out my skin texture.

on 12/5/2014 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Now, I actually love this product, but not for its intended use.

First of all, rough scrubs hurt your skin with superficial abrasive scratches. Chemical exfoliants, at the right pH encourage your skin to shed old cells and keep making new ones that function better and BHA's(aka salicylic acid) dissolve oil in the pore lining.

Luckily, this is gentler, with rounded beads that break down.

Unfortunately, this contains a high amount of menthol, a peppermint derivative, that is bad for skin you care about. It's an inflammatory agent. The cooling sensation is your skin's response to being irritated and slowly broken down and dried out. It commonly causes contact dermatitis.

However, it has astringent properties and perhaps even antibacterial properties and the tingling does feel nice on skin.

However, I don't use it on important parts of my face or body. I use it on my feet with a loofah. It deodorizes, cleans very deeply, and I've noticed less sweat. It puts a kick in my step with the tingle and I don't worry too much about drying and damage, because, really, I'm just cleaning my feet.

It's similar to other "screw-it, who even cares?" scrubs for areas of skin you don't care about.

The only reason I have this is because it was like a dollar at a bargain store and my sister bought it for me. And I found a great way not to waste it. I won't be repurchasing this particular scrub though.

I want to belief this is a good cleanser! - the packaging is nice! - very invigorating! - but drying n doesn't have good product payoff! - aw!---!!

on 9/24/2014 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This product is really scented (menthol) and strong (salicylic acid). I think it could be great for acne-prone and oily skin, however why does it contain sulfates that actually clogs the pores?
The beads are so small and not enough in order to be an exfoliant. I tried to use it on my face but it was way too drying, my face felt so tight and irritated by all the harsh chemicals.
----------------------------------------
However - it is GREAT BODY SCRUB! I use ot on my legs and hands and WOW, how amazing! It even clears little sun pigmentation spots, how wonderful. So imagine if it does this to your body, what does it do your sensitive and vulnerable face!? Think about it.
P.S. My skin started to itch after using it on my legs.

on 9/12/2014 3:28:00 AM

No, no, no, no, and no. I used this for 3 days--morning and night. First day seemed to be okay. Second day, my skin looked tight on my forehead so I was exciting. Then all at once the floodgates opened and my skin went bizerk!! That was 2 weeks ago and now I am batting a horrid breakout on my jaw and cheeks and around my mouth. I should have never used this horrible face wash.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this cleanser. It never feels like the beads are scratching my skin or irritating it. I was hesitant at first to try a scrub, because physical exfoliants like St. Ive's Apricot Scrub tend to damage the skin and irritate it. But these were gentle, yet potent. I use these in conjunction with my Stridex Maximum Strength Alcohol Free pads, and those tend to make my skin flakey by themselves. But when I use this cleanser, the flakiness goes away within a couple of days and stays away. The mint/tingle feeling was annoying at first, but after I got used to it I didn't mind it. I was really worried it would irritate my skin because it is so STRONG, but it didn't. I also use this on my upper back during the summer time, because for some reason I get occasional blemishes there (maybe from sun exposure?) and it takes care of those, too. I don't know how well this would work if I didn't use it in conjunction with my Stridex pads, because I purchased them both together and began using them both at the same time, like my own little acne system. They both have gotten amazing reviews, so I wanted to use them both since my skin was hideously bad. There was not a single place on my face WITHOUT a blemish--it was THAT bad! But those two products were a God-send for me, and I hope to never have to go without them. I should add that I also started Tri-Sprintec birth control a month before getting these, but I know that these work. Even now, going into the 4th month on birth control, if I skip a couple of days without using both of these products, I get a couple of pimples. That happened earlier this week. Then I began using them again and literally the next day my pimples were almost gone. My routine: I take a shower at night and use this cleanser in the shower. Taking a shower vs. washing my face in the sink is MUCH better for me because it really gets off any make up residue. Right after I get out of the shower, while my pores are still open from the warm water, I use a Stridex pad all over my face and on my upper back if I need to. I then go to bed, wake up, use this cleanser again, and then moisturize. If you'r e on the fence, try it! It's very inexpensive and you have nothing to lose. Let yourself use up half the bottle before you decide if you will keep it in your skincare routine. I would recommend getting this and the Stridex pads together like I did, that works SOOOO much better than either product on their own. Together, they were less than $10 at Walmart.

Popular Scrubs