September 23, 2014 | 2096 users online

Hair Treatments - Hask - Placenta No Rinse Instant Hair Repair Treatment Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by samloves

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this product. I have naturally dry curly hair and to top it all it's highlighted every six weeks. This baby makes my hair all soft and gives it a really gorgeous frizz free curl. I apply to towel dried hair after wetting it in the shower not washing it!!! I find washing my hair makes the curl frizzy. I use a whole tube of it per treatment but then I have lots of hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by sarahscantron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG of all hair products. I have fine, limp hair, and this stuff makes my look not only healthy, but normal. My hair actually has movement, which it has NEVER had before! I've tried absolutely everything, including salon products, which don't work the same at home. The idiot who said this comes from slaughtered animals is just that-an idiot. You don't have to slaughter an animal to get its placenta! To be honest, the fact that it has placenta in it doesn't bother me at all, it works that well.

I am so surprised by the inexpensiveness of something that actually works this well. I am completely sold on it, and will never buy another hair product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this item and was pleased with the results...Then out of nowhere I decided to read the ingredients, something that I always do prior to purchasing but did not do in this case. Unfortunately this product contains SD Alcohol 40b which can cause dryness and frizzyness. I just wanted to give you ladies a heads up before it causes damage in your hair. I threw out the bottle I had and willnot be repurchasing this item or any item which contains SD Alcohol 40b.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by snortapuss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product, best of many if them. I have very frizzy, very dry, very thick, very brittle hair that tangles all the time. This will not make one's hair structure different (nothing will, actually), but it will make your hair "act" and look much healthier - much less tangled, much less frizz, feels more moist and not brittle at all. It will be much more manageable than it would be if you were not using the product. Don't put waaay too much (which I tend to do) - it will make your hair sticky. Use it smartly and the results will be great.

On, and on the issue of ethics regarding this product. One has to be really ignorant to think that placenta is a bi-product of animal slaughter. Um, no. It is harvested during the natural birth-giving process. Animals don't get harmed due to the production of this treatment.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This comes in a vial that you shake up and apply to towel-dried hair and then style as usual. My hair looked shiny and soft and it controlled the halo of frizz along the top of my head very well. I can't really detect too much of a smell, though I can see why some would be more bothered by the fact that this contains placenta. But supposedly placenta has great conditioning abilities and protein that hair needs. I also have the olive oil version and prefer that over this, but overall its a good treatment and is only less than two bucks at sally's.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sarahgage

OK, so this is working wonders for my hair. SERIOUSLY HG status... Until I read on the bottle that the "placenta" is actually from animals!!!! When I looked this up online it states placenta in haircare products contain waste matter eliminated by animals fetus - Derived from the uterus of slaughtered animals. EWWWWW!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Here is this product's description:

"Hask Placenta Instant Hair Repair Treatment is nature’s protein treatment for all types of hair. Now in a 4 oz. Spray complimenting the popular vial. It is excellent for hair that is abused by the heat of blow dryers, curling irons, tinting, bleaching, perming and relaxing, frequent shampooing and over exposure to the sun. Hask Placenta Instant Hair Repair Treatment is the most powerful form of natural protein for the hair and is acid-balanced with a pH of 2.5, working instantly to restore youthful life and luster to dry brittle hair."

After use my hair feels soft but kind of crunchy in places, but that can be taken care of by combing through it. My hair doesn't seem to be as damaged after using this. I also tried this in the Olive Oil version and it is nice as well. Both don't have a strong smell and they aren't greasy like you might think they would be. Make sure to shake well before use.