October 21, 2014 | 1835 users online

Lip Treatments - Rose & Co. Apothecary. Rose Petal Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this lip salve! My lips are usually quite dry and most of the lip balms just make my upper lip super dry and flaky (for example all the lip butters from the Body Shop are too drying), but this one seems to really nourish my lips!

It comes in a super girly tin (which I personally love) and smells nice, just like roses. Itīs a little bit tinted (pink, ofcourse) but you canīt see that on lips, which is good. It just gives a nice, healthy shine. I will surely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry to be the lone hater, but I'm totally not impressed by this. The balm itself is a really pretty pearly pink, but it might as well be clear as it doesn't show up at all on the lips (vs Smiths Rosebud which shows up very slightly or vaseline rosy which shows up quite a bit). I wouldn't mind this quite so much if it had a really great effect on my lips, but actually the opposite is the case - I'm using this morning and night and my bottom lip has actually cracked and scabbed slightly for the first time ever! My lips don't feel soft and nourished at all. I've even tried this on my feet (which are in decent condition, only a little bit of tougher skin on the balls of my feet) - even leaving this on over night has no discernable effect. I'm not really a fan of the smell either, or the taste it leaves on my lips. Disappointing all around really - I can't wait to use this up and get on to something better! For the price you can do better - my favourite cheap balm is a shea butter one from Avon that I borrowed from my mom and LOVED - which actually helps improve my lips condition, rather than making things worse!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

bought this coz i use Smith's Rosebud Salve alot, (the original, strawberry, brambleberry rose & mocha rose they are all amazing btw) and have abit of a lip balm obsession so i saw this & had to have it. i have the Rose & Co Vanilla scented one lovely tin & ok smell but abit oily & wears off too quickly, im glad the Rose Petal one is alot different, its not as oily & thin-seems like theres less vaseline which is good, feels creamy, smells like real roses (the smith's kind smells abit of rose but its more of an old fashioned baby powdery smell so very different but still nice) its a lilac/light pink colour in the tin but clear on lips, not too shiny on just a nice sheen! :) i dont like the taste though as u can imagine roses dont taste so good, tastes perfumy & floral x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really surprised to find so few reviews on this wonderful little product. I bought this, intending to throw it on, wear it for a few days and then skip onto the next lip product lemming. Not so, since i am now onto my third tin and use it religiously for so many things. Think of all the uses Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream has but better. The scent is natural, not at all synthetic and certainly doesn't make you feel ill after too many applications(!)
If you love your lip balm, i strongly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by xenasummer

I love this product, I bought this first about three years ago, because one of my friend was using it, and I smelt this lovely genuine rose smell, unlike my smith's one (which I always feel a little dizzy after sniffing it under my nose for too long). I thought since it was only a fiver, I may as well have a go, and OMG, I do love it. Three years later, I have not found a product to replace this. With lip balms I tried them all, you name it, I tried it. This isn't a miracle cream though, it's just simple and nourishing, and perform really really well as a lip balm. Highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is fantastic, amazing for lips, and also amazing for your face!i had quite dry skin and moisturiser just wasnt enough so i put this on aswell and by the next morning my skin was great, honestly i couldnt be without this stuff! smells gorgeous, although my boyfriend thinks it smells like turkish delight and he doesnt like it, i think it smells like real roses, gorgeous. miracle balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by subuzz

love this product! it comes in a cute little pink tin (20g) which i think will last me a long time. although petrolatum is the initial ingredient, it also has almond oil and beeswax and it smells like REAL roses unlike smiths rosebud!! (which smelt like overperfumed baby powder).
great product but hard to find in australia! - had to get mines off ebay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been eyeing this at Boots for what seems like an eternity, but never purchased it because I had two full tins of the Smith's Rosebud and Brambleberry salve at home...

I left them at home on my recent vacation, however, and needed something to soothe my dry lips and dry, painful cuticles.

A bargain at Ģ5, I knew instantly upon application that I liked this stuff more than the salve from Smith's.

The smell is a lot more likeable-- it smells like pure rose, not rose and some other phony bull...

It's also a bit more sheer in consistency, and not sticky like the Smith's formulas.

Aside from being a great product for cuticles and lips, I found that it does wonders for smoothing flyaways and adding shine. That's right, I used a small amount in my hair!

If anything, it's the smell that does it for me. But yes, a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by MsPucci

This is is the cuter little sister of Smith's Rosebud salve;-) It's the same price, and I found it in the counter lying next to it. I love, love the smell of this one, it really smells of rose petals. The box is a little treat in itself, with it's elegant turn-of-the-century design, so cute. But most importantly, it softens the lips, while it is less sticky than the Rosebud salve. It feels more soothing one sore lips to me than the latter to, but i don't now if that's just me. Nice allround lip balm!