August 21, 2014 | 968 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Top Secrets Flash Radiance

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Jaimiedollar

I bought this at the same time as the Radiant Touch Foundation thinking they would work great together. Well...they kinda do..if you get the amount & the timing exactly right!! If i use too much by mistake then when you go to put your foundation on it crumbles all over your face! It leaves bits in your brush & patches all over your face where it clings to dry bits. However, if you get the timing right...i find just over 2 minutes works & the smallest amount to cover your forehead, cheeks & chin...then it helps keep your foundation in place. Preferred the old version of this formula if i'm honest

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved the smell of this, and it definitely made my skin feel smooth and baby soft, but those were the only benefits from this primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first primer that I feel works on doing a what a primer should: smooth out skin before foundation application.
Generally I am quite skeptical about primers, I think that they are an additional expense to an already expensive and time consuming regime of cleansing, toning, moisturizing and foundation application. I have tried a heap of primers (I’m a cosmetics junkie!) the napoleon perdis, smashbox etc. However, this is the first one that made my foundation (diorskin sculpt) go on even smoother and I think increase it’s lasting power.
Some people here have complained about the strong, flowery scent of it…Personally, I love it! And upon application, it gives my skin a tingly, sensation which is nice. I do not like the applicator, as it is unhygienic for continual use, so I collect the product from the applicator onto my fingers and spread it onto my face (with clean hands after moisturizing face first!). I wait about 4 minutes and apply my foundation.

I probably won’t repurchase just because it is so expensive, and it does not make a significant “wow supermodel skin” difference for me. It does enhance the skins appearance and if I had all the money in the world I would keep repurchasing, however I’d rather buy a really good foundation like Dior than buy a cheap foundation and this, if you know what I mean.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by bicoastalite

It does a great job under the Kett Hydro and OCC airbrush makeup. I do think the price is prohibitive in me purchasing the product again. I think the smell is very flowery and strong and has been a turn off for some of my clients. Also, I do agree with other reviewers on the brush applicator, it's not very sanitary… and it gets "clogged" often. Wish it came in a squeeze tube or something like that.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Layla313

There are two types of this primer one for dry skin and one for oily skin. I bought the one for oily skin and it does keep you matte for upto 5 hours. This product is okay. I've seen better. To be honest I wouldn't buy it again but it was worth the purchase as I am using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by evekkk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great primer for my dry skin at least, perfect surface for foundation. I do agree that the brush is a bit unhygienic - I dont really understand the purpose of it. But then again, I usually apply skin products with fingers anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was really disappointed with this product mostly because it was so expensive! This didn't agree with my rosacea, I didn't like the smell and I think the brush applicator is unhygienic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by charlotterobynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find YSL very hit and miss - I hated everything about their mascara for example, but am pretty keen on their foundation. This primer I do like - it's silky to the touch, smells wicked (even though I know some people can't stand it) and has a nice, fresh, tingly feeling on your skin. My skin is strange, when I wear no make up it's completely matte but the occasional product will make it very greasy. With this product I have no grease at the end of the day (I wear it with YSL perfect touch foundation, not generally ever on its own as I don't see the point as it's made to prime).

What I don't like about it is the built in brush that comes with it - I just find it unhygienic. I've had the product about 2 months now and the primer that cannot avoid being left on the brush dries out and goes crusty on the brush, ew :( I'm sure there's a way you can take the brush off, I just haven't got round to it because I only wear primer and foundation if I'm dressing up to go out etc. It's not the CHEAPEST thing you'll ever buy, I think I got it for about £25 in House of Fraser, but then again you're paying for the brand name.

Overall I do like this product and it does what it's supposed to :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by hollythecrocodile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this but Im very dissapointed. It just doesnt seem to do anything for me. It makes my face feel velvety to the touch but it also feels thick and strangely suffocating on my skin. It doesnt improve the application, appearance or longevity of my foundation and I think it dries my skin out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this after finding it in an online store heavily discounted due to having no box and decided to try it. I was pleasantly suprised! My skin feels like velvet after I've put it on and it does keep my makeup fresh for much longer. I've also noticed that I get far less oil coming through as the day wears on - I suspect the silicone is plugging up my pores preventing the oil from breaking through so I dont use it very often for fear of a breakout, I save it for special occasions. My pores definitely are less noticeable when I use this. I dislike the brush and that you can't see how much of the product you have left. I also find I have to work a lot harder at blending my foundation and I'm not sure I would buy again if I had to pay full price, but if I could get it at a discount, yes.