September 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Cleansers - Nude Skincare - Cleansing Facial Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by 1sorry_grrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far the worst cleansing oil I've used. I was looking for a new cleansing oil that was cruelty free. I got it in a three piece kit from Sephora. This oil neither removed my makeup nor rinsed off cleanly. I could feel the film on my skin after washing and ended up using a scrub to get the residue off. I ended up returning the whole kit. Iím back to my old-faithful DHC cleansing oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

I have dry/normal skin with no obvious skin conditions (melasma, sensitivity etc).

I am very happy with this for cleansing. It removes most makeup easily and rinses off quickly with tepid water. The packaging is hygienic but since the oil is not exposed to light and there is no indicator for how much oil is left it can be hard to guage.

On the downside I use quite a few pumps of this for each cleanse so I go through a bottle very quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am 41 years old and my skin is very dry and (Nivea cream isn't heavy enough), very sensitive (I shun heavily scented anything on my face). I get breakouts once a month due to aunt flo (yay), but generally I don't have zits except for then. I use a clairsonic, and I don't use masks because they usually make my skin freak out. I use Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair religiously. Love that stuff.

My skin had reached the point where it was dry and flaky in patches on my face, despite everything I tried. I decided to take the plunge into cleansing oils and bought this on a whim at Sephora because it came in a nifty little package (yep, sucker...) with a trial size jar of their night cream and treatment oil. The SA in Sephora instructed me to squirt the oil on the back of my hand, then dab water on it and emulsify it, then dip my clairsonic in it and wash my face. Bless her heart. She was so sweet, but so totally clueless.

That method doesn't work, period. The way to use this oil (that works for me) is to squirt it right on my already wet hand, 4 squirts, and then slap it on my already wet face and spread it around, then go to town with the clairsonic and rinse. If I've got a full face of makeup on, I use a makeup remover cloth first to take off most of my makeup because #1, I'm a realist and don't expect any one product to work miracles and do it all, and #2 this oil is expensive and I don't want to waste it.

So anyway, if I have eye make up on (I don't wear MU every day....true story), I rub the oil around first until I can feel my lashes are clean, then I take the clairsonic and scrub my face, then rinse. In the 6 weeks that I have been doing this, I haven't had any problems. It gets my skin clean, it doesn't leave a trace of makeup (even when I do a full face), it takes off even my most stubborn mascara, and God bless this stuff...my dry patches are gone.

The smell is barely there, which is reassuring for me, because my skin reacts VERY badly to added scents and/or heavy scents. It's not unpleasant or heavy or overpowering or anything. The texture is very light, like sesame oil. I'm not sure if I'm going to repurchase, as it IS very expensive, and I'm toying with trying out DHC, but for now I still have at least half a bottle left.

Overall I think it's a great product, it works well, it's non-irritating, non-drying, and it cuts right through eye makeup like BUTTAH. The price isn't great, so if a cheaper oil out there works for you, *shrug*, I wouldn't run out there and buy this instead. If your current oil ISN'T working, though, or if you want to try cleansing oils but are unsure where to start, this is a nice one to try.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by iynamakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

The only good things I can say about this cleansing oil are (1) it spreads easily over face (2) it smells alright.

The bad: zero cleansing power! ZERO! After spreading, I massaged with water a good 5 mins before rinsing off for an additional 10 minutes, and a fair amount of makeup STILL showed up on a white tissue!

Please, do yourself (and your wallet) a favor and SKIP THIS ONE!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I love this oil it breaks down heavy makeup and waterproof eye makeup too. It smells nice and the texture is very light so you will have a tendency to use a lot of this oil like I did with my first bottle I ran out of it in about 3 weeks... But that was my mistake. Now I do two pumps and rub rub rub for about a minute then put some water and it turns all milky and nasty but it gets everything off! I love oil cleansers I highly suggest to try an oil cleanser!

UPDATE 11/30/2013...
So I've been using this product and I find that it's not cleansing at all I didn't use a toner but I started using one and I see that this isn't removing makeup as well as I thought I really am very disappointed in this product. I love oil cleansers but not this anymore I'll stick with the boscia makeup breakup oil instead!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a really nice cleansing oil, that was sort of my gateway drug to thicker balm cleansers. I purchased this after I finished the MAC Cleanse Off Oil, and I think they both are solid performers. This does not turn into a milk with the addition of water, but that's okay with me, because I use a warm washcloth to remove the oil + makeup from my face anyway. This is a good, rather basic cleansing oil that doesn't have the nasty addition of cheap mineral oil, so that's a huge plus for me on this product. The packaging is cute and compact, and the pump on top hasn't given me any problems. Also, it is very lightly scented, so if you're looking for a more aromatic expereince when washing your face, look elsewhere.

The only minor complaint I have about the packaging is that you have no way of knowing how much oil is left! So that's a little annoying, but nothing that would prevent me from repurchasing.

All in all, this is a nice, basic oil cleanser that does a good job getting my makeup off prior to my second cleanse.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried all kind of cleanisng oils. I think oils are the best facial cleansing ever. I have tried MAC, Shuemura, Kanebo, Lancome, Eve Love and now this one. I don't think much of this oil. It does have a very pleasant smell and over all it does what it has to do, but not in a major way. On the top of this the price tag doesn't help me change my mind. So far the best cleansing oil I have tried has been Lancome's which I would have repurchased big time if they hadn't decided to take it off the market!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This cleansing oil is as good as the ones I've tried from Shu and DHC. The trick, like with any other cleansing oil, is to massage it into your face while it's dry and allow it to mix with your eye and face makeup to release it from the skin/eyes. I do this for about 30 seconds, then I add water (I usually use cleansing oils at night, first thing in the shower) and it emulsifies and removes everything. Be sure to use a finger and wipe underneath your eyes, as mascara and eye liner tends to gather there after it's been dislodged from your lids. I love the scent of Nude Skincare items, however I think the sample of cleansing oil that I was using had gone bad because it smelled like rotting flowers. I'm pretty sure this was specific to my sample and I won't hold it against this product. My skin felt clean afterwards without any tightness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the concept of products free from Parabens, Sulphates, Mineral Oil etc, so I thought that this product would be a good alternative to Shu Uemura's Classic Cleansing Oil, which I have been using for the past couple of years as a fantastic eye-make remover (getting off every last trace of heavy eye make-up and mascara) I was sceptical that this Nude cleansing oil maybe an underperforming version. But actually, this oil was amazing too! The only thing I would say is that I find this oil far more drying than Shu Uemura's, as my face feels much tighter after use, but this has not appeared to irritate my acne. So I would say that this product is a good alternative to Shu Uemura's and other mineral oil based cleansers if you are looking for a more natural ingredient product that is potentially less comedogenic.

Ingredients: Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine, Soja (Soyabean) Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Simmonosia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i received a sample from sephora and i really liked it! it was more of a "dry" oil so you definitely need more than the "2-3 drops" as recommended on the package. I basically used half the sample for my entire face. i have oily combo skin (oily t zone and drier cheeks) and this really took off all my eye makeup (gel liner and mascara) and my foundation. i used it on DRY skin (as i was rubbing the oil onto my eyes, i kept checking and the eye makeup was disappearing! no "fuzzy" eyes either), then hopped in the shower and added a little bit of water. it really didn't turn into a "light milk", but it DID rinse off very clean! i followed up with my philosophy purity gel cleanser (im paranoid like that because im very acne prone), checked my face after and it was very soft to the touch. i wiped it with a clean white towel and nothing came off-good stuff! not sure if i would purchase just yet because i am still sampling other brands.