October 25, 2014 | 996 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Mink & Sable - Starflash Collection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This is such a beautiful, unusual colour, quite olive green/gold and it really compliments my skin tone and eye colour. It is also so easy to mix with pretty much any other neutral/earthtone shadow colour to make really exotic eye looks. I usually mix mine with quite rusty plums or purples, or and other taupe shade or a matte brown is usually pretty nice. If you're going for a nightime look it also goes fabulously with black or gunmetal grey. I wish it wasn't limited edition as its annoyingly hard to get hold of now, although I've had mine a fair old time and it has lasted. Would definitely recommend and buy again where possible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Oh, how I wish Starflash eyeshadows would return! Mink & Sable is a great example of MAC at its best. It's a complex green-khaki colour that's a pleasure to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by BelindaGA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap from a super sweet MUAer, and I would never have believed that a greeny gold shadow could be so flattering on me, even though I was very keen to try it. The fact is that it is absolutely stunning! It makes my hazel brownish greenish eyes totally jump out as green, and the shadow has a stunning sheen to the finish. I love it! Thank you sweet Cathleen!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by ceruleanblue95

I recieved this in a swap. It is such a beautiful golden-green-brown color. It 's quite pigmented, because of the Starflash finish. Unfortunately, I cannot really pull off green shadow, but I will sometimes wear this in my out v of as a liner with something underneath like UD Mildew or Stash. It is nice to have other higher end colored shadows though, but I will probably never finish this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by b0mbshell

I have really fallen for this shadow! I found it at my local CCO, and when I first laid eyes on it, it was kind of intimidating. It looks pretty dark and 'ehh' in the pan, but when swatched - ohh yes! I just love the shimmery golden green beauty of this one! Alot of days for a simple smoky eye, I will pair it with a light paint pot, and Vanilla pigment.. a little black liner and mascara, and there you have it.. a quick, easy smoky look to wear anywhere. It's very versatile with many outfits, and you can add a twist to the usual brown or black smoky eye that can get so 'blah' sometimes. Gorgeous color!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally hit the pan on my Sumptuous Olive and was humming over repurchasing it, but I read the great reviews on Mink & Sable and thought I would give this a try. I found it on Ebay for a great deal and I'm so impressed!! The colour is a gorgeous mossy olive green with bronzey brown undertones and gold shimmer! Really plays up my green eyes and it's such an easy colour to wear. For day time looks I apply this shadow over my usual Painterly Paint Pot with Mystery in the crease. For dramatic evening or going out looks I use my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in either Dark Brown or Black Bean. It looks so smokey, yet elegant and beautiful layered with the Jumbo Pencil and Mystery or Carbon in the crease.
Overall I great find and thanks MUA for steering me towards this gem!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lilyofavalon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous antique-y olive green with sophisticated shimmer.

It also has the Starflash finish, which is described as a "creamy, highly metallic finish." That is completely accurate! The shadow also blends pretty well and is in the sturdy MAC container. I also picked this up at my local CCO for $10. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Lovely subtle glinting golden olive green, this color is beautiful and blendable and buildable. Dark enough for a crease color but also works as lid color, very close to sumptuous olive color but glintier. I like it a lot and think it has loads of potential with different shades and bases.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by alifrisnotmyname

I found this color at a CCO and it didn't really stand out that much except that it was an interesting antique green bronze color so I swatched it and was pleasantly surprised! It is an awesome color alone or used in the crease, I love it and its blendability!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice enough shade, I don't think I have tried it enough yet but on its own it looks pretty. I used it today over soft ochre and it really pops but not in an overpowering way. It made my dark brown eyes look more golden. Looks more yellow over woodwinked. am trying over smut next....will update.
UPDATE: For me this shade looks best over a dark brown...you can really make the colors stand out over a dark base. there is more depth of color. Over black is ABSOLUTELY stunning...a smoky, dark golden green shade. Unfortunately, it's not practical for everyday. On its own I canwear this pretty much anytime. it's subtle but still noticable and very pretty. Once again, MAC has really come through for me.