April 17, 2014 | 903 users online

Mascara - Too Faced - Lash Injection PinPoint

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Stephhtm

This product is too dry, makes my lashes stick together and that is not a pretty look lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is supposed to be a tubing mascara...and I love tubing mascaras. However, this mascara is very waxy and still smudges terribly. Removal is not as easy as Blinc mascara or L'oreal's. I expected the tubes to slide right off with warm water but it just smeared all over like a waterproof mascara. Also, this mascara added zero volume or length. I gave it two lippies only because I've tried worse mascaras. Definitly will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A bit of background: I'd been using, and loving, MAC Optimum Black for quite a while, and thought I'd found my HG mascara, and everything would be great from now on.
BUT (cue ominous music): In early 2012, I was appalled to learn that Estee Lauder, MAC's parent company, has begun contracting for animal testing. As an ardent animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with MAC, or any other Estee Lauder brand, until and unless they change their ways.
Now, for the review: Too Faced is still cruelty-free, and Lash Injection, like Optimum Black, is a tubing mascara, so it seemed like a good option. I bought a sample size, and I actually like it fairly well. I'd been using disposable wands with the Optimum Black, and am continuing to use them with Pinpoint, so I can't really comment on Pinpoint's brush. A few highlights:

It *does* have a faint sort of orange juice smell, but even I, allergy-ridden, contact lenses-wearing soul that I am, don't find the smell a problem at all. In fact, I've heard that when the smell fades, that indicates that it's time to replace the mascara, and I rather like that reminder.

It's true that Pinpoint is better at lengthening than volumizing, but since I need more length than volume, that's okay with me. Using a good lash primer helps with volume, anyhow.

Pinpoint is very black, goes on smoothly, doesn't look or feel heavy, and it STAYS PUT, even on my super-oily lids.

I may try a few more tubing mascaras, but if I don't find anything I like better, I'll be satisfied with Pinpoint.
UPDATE: I was so pleased with the performane of my sample size Pinpoint that I bought a full-size, hoping to love it. Unfortunately, I don't. I like the brush, and the formula isn't clumpy, but I start to get raccoon eyes within seconds of applying this mascara, and that's a real deal-breaker for me. I don't know what the problem is, but I'm moving on. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very suprised by this mascara because not only is the brush so tiny and narrow but formula is really creamy however it really seperates each lash from the others very nicely without clumping, it lengthens pretty good but doesnt add much volume and I want volume and length, so if this came in a kit that'd be fine but I wouldnt buy it on it's own..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Skylucy01

I tried to like this mascara, but i was disappointed.The formula clumpy and the brush was annoying, on the plus side, the packaging is pretty

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by bluest1199

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara has a strong scent just like the regular Lash Injection. I love the brush because its so small its easy to get every lash from root to tip. This is a good everyday mascara because it leaves your lashes looking very natural. This mascara doesn't add volume but it adds definition. It doesn't leave your lashes looking dramatic. If you want more volume from your mascara you should check out the regular Lash Injection. My problem with this product, aside from the strong scent, is that it smudges on me. This is supposed to be a tubing mascara and so it should be waterproof. It definately is not waterproof and by the end of the day I always have dark smudges under my eyes. Maybe you'll have better luck than me but I can't recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

This is probably one of the most useless mascaras I have ever tried, and I have tried a TON!

Issue 1: Where the crap is the WAND?!?! I almost need a microscope to see it! It's **tiny**, both in diameter and length. A wand this tiny can't even dispense much mascara, rendering the wand completely useless.

Issue 2: It's claim is that it gives volume and length. I don't mind layering mascaras as I often do, but this doesn't provide either volume OR length. I've tried this multiple times to see if maybe I was just having a bad "lash" day, even tried it with a primer (my HG, Lancome Cils Booster XL) ... still nothing. I've tried $2 WnW mascaras that performed better than this overpriced one.

I have a lot of TF products that I love, this however will NEVER be one of them. Thankfully I didn't really pay for this as it came in a bonus as part of a set. Total disappointment all the way around. I'll stick w/ me L'oreal Voluminous for sure! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mascara Trial for my wedding goes on and on ... I got the brown because I am a natural redhead with those red eyelashes, but it doesn't look like I'm wearing any mascara. I also had to coat it about 30 times, and it's not waterproof. FAIL.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

At first I adored this...made my lashes long and curled and the tiny brush was so nice. However within a week it was goopy and gunky.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! I like everything about it and it works wonderfully! The brush is extremely small and it allows one to reach and extend every lash. Some have complained that it contains an awful chemical smell, but its not a chemical it's actually a grapefruit fragrance that tells you when your mascara has gone bad. If the smell is present, then the mascara is fresh and when the smell fades it is on its way to expiring.
I will definitely buy this again, but it is so expensive so I am holding off a bit. It is easy to remove in the shower and the product actually moisturizing for me. Other mascaras tend to dry out my lashes.