November 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Hair - Ojon - Tunu Elastik Hair Smoothing Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by tscheer1103

This product did nothing for my hair and has the weirdest texture. I normally like products with a strong smell, but this one smelled sooo bad. I could barely brush my hair after using this and had to condition with another product after using this one. It was a huge waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

While I love most of the Ojon products;I don't know what this stuff is supposed to do. I thought it would give some bounce to my hair. Instead it really is not worth the money. Perhaps I misunderstood what it was for. I have fine hair oily scalp, dry ends and it made my hair oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by divathing

I LOVED THIS STUFF! I have 4b natural hair and it helps stretch out my natural curls so much. I just mixed it with my deep conditioner and sat under the dryer with it. I will miss this stuff

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

This has to be one of the most expensive conditioners on the market that not only barely conditions, but isn't even packaged well. The bottle broke after I had it for about two weeks, and it's not as if I traveled with it (I do not like it enough for that,) and nor do I have a habit of throwing bottles around in my shower.

A note about the scent: I don't typically rate products that aren't perfumes based on scent, because I find that annoying--so long as the product meets expectations performance-wise, who cares? But TUNU...omg, really, not only is this stuff strong, it doesn't stop at the bottle. It follows you around like the cat that came back, like a creepy ex-boyfriend who refuses to leave you alone. Ever had a friend who wears Thierry mugler's angel? Angel has nothing on the power of TUNU. I hate the stench of this so much. Make sure you smell before you buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Tsumaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well I just got the shampoo because I was looking for a sulfate-free shampoo for my color treated hair. The smell is little odd..not fruity at all. Almost smells like plastic...or chocolate, or maybe a strange nut?? o.o
Anyway~ It does not lather AT ALL. I expected very little lather for a sulfate-free shampoo, but this is ridiculous. When wet my hair felt odd, and .... rubbery?
I assume it was due to the "Wildcrafted natural latex".Dry, my hair was reaaaly shiny. Almost unnaturally. But then I pulled at the ends of my hair...a whole bunch came out! I did it again the same thing!
Sooo
Upside: Gives great shine and smooths
Downside: Makes hair fall out >-<

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 7:29:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

As you can probably tell from my other reviews, I've fallen hard for the Ojon line. I loooove the Restorative Treatment, Tunu Hair Tamer, and the entire Tawaka range. This conditioner is great when used with the matching shampoo and tamer My coarse hair (which is currently in that awkward growing-out-a-short-cut phase) looks amazing and behaves all day. I still prefer the Tawaka 'poo and 'dish, but since they aren't available in Australia and Tunu is, I will happily use these for now. EDIT 8/10: Bought my second bottle of this and am disappointed. The conditioner "breaks", like a cake batter in hot weather...so when you squeeze it you get a stream of water followed by a drizzle of waxy goo. This happened even though I always shake it vigorously before using. For AU$45, it should at least be usable. Two lippies off for poor quality control. I miss Tawaka!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 7:16:00 AM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ojon Tunu Elastik Hair Smoothing Cleanser and Conditioner
First of all I love this unique smell as does my husband. (whom never comments on anything) noticed this scent and loved it.
Used together for my hair this is definatly the best Ive used yet.
If I let my hair dry natural it will look like a frizzy mess. After This I was actually left with soft shiny spiraling beautiful curls. I used the revitalizing spray after. Also dont forget to shake up the cleanser before you use it. You are supposed to leave the cl;eanser as well as the conditioner in. Cleanser 1 or two minutes. Conditioner 1 to 3 minutes.
I just reordered this from QVC but you can get it on ebay much cheaper.
For some reason it just freaks me out to buy non factory sealed items from ebay so I pay the higher price.
CON:This cleanser does not soap up as much as Id like it to.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

No I probably wouldn't by this again. I got it in a 5-piece Ultimate Smooth and Style Hair Ritual Kit (what a name). It came with the cleanser the smoothing conditioner, Revitalizing Mist, Flexible Finishing Hairspray, and Rub-Out. Plus I took the bonus offer of a leave in conditioner (in a tube, can't remember name).

I do like some of the items in this kit - the hairspray is great for a firm, yes but flexible hold. At first though the hairspray trigger was so stiff I had to use two hands to 'operate' it. Kind of ruined the ability to lift and spritz...but then it loosened up and now I can operate it in one hand.

I also like the revitalizing mist - but not so much that I'd be heartbroken if I didn't have it. It is a nice refresher for sure.

I'm also 'eh' about the leave in conditioner in the tube - whatever its claims (and they are impressive) I didn't get even a gist of it.

I'm not happy with the shampoo and conditioner either - I'm down with the zero lathering - and leaving it on 1-2 minutes (that's different enough to make the whole thing throw off your shower routine!). However rinsing seemed difficult and this stuff leaves your hair like wet silk - hard and clumpy. Again - I can go for that if it works - perhaps the secret is in the conditioner.

Nope, not for me - the conditioner is just ok - I just didn't see any difference or improvement in my hair - I committed myself to give it three weeks or so and see what results come of it.

I couldn't get past a few days of using this combo because it built up on my scalp and itched and made little sores - ew! I'm prone to build up of rich products on my tend-to-oily scalp, and thinning fine hair. It's been so long since I've had this happen. I felt like I had a mask on my scalp with this product.

Worse is I didn't notice any difference - but ok, I won't rag on about that too much if indeed you need to use it over and over to get any results - and what is the use of that? Not for me.

I don't use the rub-out - great product for travelling, back packing, camping, swimming, gym going, sleep overs, kayaking, etc. I'd keep it just for those times. I did give it a try though and gave it a go with probably a little too much (you probably have to play with the amount you need)....it was like sprinkling baby powder with cornstarch onto my dark hair - made it look like I was preparing for a role of in a community production of Cocoon or something - like cheap stage makeup magic. Good for the blond gals I guess - brunettes, you'll have to work with it.

Hmm, was that it? 5 fairly trashed products? I'm going to see if I can send it back (it was a home shopping show stopper which I cauight one bleary-eyed morning by chance and just robotically had to have it from all the hype they put out).

Oh and the smell it lingers it becomes its own personality - there in the bathroom and out and about with you.