October 23, 2014 | 1846 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Lipstick No. 501

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by leilaalwan89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i Love this lipstick, but makeupforever discontinued it and its the only nude lipstick i wear because it has a beige undertone.Most nude lipsticks have a pink undertone. I HATE THAT, i love this lipstick does anyone know where i can still get it or order it?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by crazyk00kies7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i REALLY love this color!!! My general every day look is a more dramatic black smokey eye and i always do the nude lip look...i go through 3 different lippies for this...Mac's Myth, Revlon's Nude Attitude, and MUFE #501...i would have to say i love the MUFE bc of the color payoff, and the fact that it has absolutely no pinky undertone to it (as apposed to myth and n.attitude) ...it is a true beige nude that blends perfectly with my skin tone and unless i line my lips, u wont tell where my lip start and end....on days however, when my lips are extra dry...ill stay AWAY from this lippie bc the formulation is DRY DRY DRY ...u really have to have moisturized exfoliated lips to pull off this color formula...which is why i gave this overall rating a 4 instead of a 5....if it wasnt so dry....this would absolutely be the * perfect * beige nude lip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

can't believe I've never reviewed this. This is my HG lipstick, one of only two that I buy again and again. Let me count the many glowing tributes of this lipstick: it doesn't break, for one, where almost every other lipstick I buy does. That's undoubtedly due to my forcefulness, but it still says a lot that this lipstick stays strong - and it also doesn't melt in my purse in the Arizona heat. It lasts a long time on. And the color, while described well below, is such a perfect nude that it straddles that exact line where you want a very basic nude mouth without looking washed out or dead. It looks great on its own or with a gloss over it. (This is a great base for glosses that need a little extra pigment.) I recommend this lipstick to everyone because I feel it is so superior in every way to most of what's out there. NC27-30.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Having read that the "new" lip for the fall/winter will be a really nude lip, and having about 400 lipsticks.. I really felt I needed a new one! NOT! .. but, I have been digging through my makeup drawers (lately it is the lipstick one) and found this treasure which I bought last spring/summer.

I did a grey smoky eye/black liner and tried this on my lips.. and I wanted to kiss myself..lol. But back to the product. This is a nude, neutral beige with no pink (I remember someone told me that it is Angelina Jolie's lippie -- yeah right). In all cases, this color worked perfectly with the smokey eyes and a soft pink cheek. I did use some LM balm on top (the neutral colored one, not Berry) and it felt glorious.

This is a fantastic nude color for anyone who wants a flesh toned lip without the Toe Tag look.

love it and will be repurchasing.. just cause it is a great sexy lip!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought I could pull off a nude lip until a salesgirl at Sephora convinced me I could rock #501. I was terrified that I would end up looking like a cadaver. But when I tried this color on, I fell in love immediately. I never thought a lip color that matched my skintone could be so striking. Yes, you will look pale, but in a dreamy, ethereal way. The best word I can use to describe this shade is sexy because that's how I feel wearing it. Absolute perfection; makes my lips look full and lush. Now for the not so good aspects of this lippie. The scent is nauseating in that it is so strong that I can taste it. Second drawback: the formulation is so dry that it settles into the cracks and dry patches in my lips within minutes after application, even with a lipbalm underneath. But I would still repurchase due to the fact that this shade is so unlike anything I own and looks great with a more dramatic eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The perfect matte and nude lipstick. I wear this below Clinique full potential in peach plump. Love it! MUFE is the best!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is perfectly matte and perfectly nude-colored. Very Angelina. I love it! My only complaint is that the formula is so dry, my lips start getting cracked within minutes of applying it. If I don't use a balm underneath it, I probably won't wear it. That's too much work for me. Although I do love the color!