Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.8

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

on 3/17/2015 1:20:00 AM

I wear this lotion everyday -- I live in Hawaii, where sunscreen is essential. I like that this lotion has a pleasant smell (my peeve is sunscreen scents, as I don't want to smell like I'm going on vacation every morning I enter the office). Moisturizing but not at all heavy -- more of a water-based rather than oil-based feel.

Yes, it does leave a white cast at first, but if you keep blending, the white cast will go away (and I'm pretty tan, so I feel like it would be obvious if it stayed). I fear white flashback photos, but I went to a Hawaii sunset wedding with this lotion, and I didn't have a white flashback with this lotion for the night pictures (yet, I wore Bourjois healthy mix foundation on top of the lotion, and this foundation is very yellow-based and non-SPF so maybe that helped even things out).

This lotion also doesn't make me break out at all. The bottle surprisingly also lasts a long while as well -- at least eight months for me with practically everyday use.

on 1/1/2015 10:12:00 AM

I have a total love hate relationship for this product. I have been buying on and off since highschool so about 10 or 12 years simply because its the cheapest formula that meets my am spf moisturizer needs. So my requirements for a day lotion are minimum of spf 30, oil free, and formulated for sensitive skin. This product meets all these requirements at a bare minimum...I dont get a sun burn or added color to my face while wearing it, it doesn't break me out and it doesn't make my face feel like its on fire. Some other positives for this product are its cheap and it comes with a pump and if I hold the bottle up to the light I can see how much is left. The things I don't like about this product are that it gives a total white cast and I am pretty fair. Basically its great under foundation but you will look sickly if you don't put foundation over it. Also takes a long time to soak in.

on 12/8/2014 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Terrible! I am returning this product tomorrow to get a refund. After 2 days of using this, my skin is super shiny, I have 3 painful pimples. I got oily really fast! This is the only new thing I've added to my regime. So sad! Hate it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion is the first and only sunscreen specifically for the face I have worn on my face.

Eucerin is basically odorless, and texture is that of a light lotion. It isn't drying and doesn't break me out. Eucerin will have a white cast when applied to the skin. Not white as in one will resemble Casper the Friendly Ghost. It is a translucent white, which will dissipate over time. I have a slight red undertone to my skin, and the white will neutralize my skin tone.

I have a color corrector and sunscreen all in one with Eucerin. lol

It is indeed light weight and absorbs well, it doesn't make me break out but it does leave a white cast! This would be better used under makeup, otherwise, you're just left with a white/pale face!

update 020115: I upgraded this to an extra lippie because I found that when you apply a thick moisturizer like the cetaphil moisturizer, this product won't leave you with a white cast when you apply it after.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is exactly the same formula as the Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 30 Face Lotion (which is, weirdly, given a score of 2.7 versus the Everyday having a score of 3.8 as I write this in April 2014). Eucerin streamlined their packaging/product lines and I compared the ingredient lists. What was formerly the Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30 has the exact same ingredients as the Daily Protection. Also, Eucerin's site says they are the same product, same formulation here: http://www.eucerinus.com/skin-wisdom/skin-first-council/new-look-new-names-same-trusted-formulas.html

on 2/22/2014 4:18:00 PM

I have sensitive, combination and acne prone skin and I love this moisturizer. I use two pumps to get the SPF coverage I want, and it does take a bit of rubbing in to prevent a white cast, but it does give me a nice base for makeup and my face stays matte all day which I've never found in a moisturizer before. This has been perfect for me as it keeps my oily areas from becoming oily and moisturizes my dry areas nicely. I highly recommend this!

on 11/27/2013 10:53:00 AM

Love this !!!! I have rosacea , and adult acne. This does not irritate my skin or aggravate my rosacea, it also does not break me out . Love the SPF 30, and I think it's a great value !! You get four ounces in a bottle and I pay around eight dollars for it at walmart. At cvs it costs around ten dollars which is still a great price when you search other brands and see that many only offer SPF 15 in a daily moisturizer , and if you do find SPF 30 it's often in a two ounce bottle and costs fifteen dollars or more !!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I like this moisturizer but I have some major pros and cons:
First let's start off with the fact that i'm combo/oily/acne-prone and trying to find a moisturizer that doesn't break me out is soooo flipping hard. So here are the pros and cons;

PROS:
does not break me out! woohoo that's so rare!
moisturizing.
has SPF

CONS:
if i use too much i look like and feel like a greaseball.
stings if i get it near my eyes (because of the spf)
leaves a white cast on face if you don't really massage it into the skin or use too much.
do not wear this if taking photos. total flashback with this product.

on 9/1/2013 1:26:00 PM

I like this product because it does not break my face out and it is not oily. The price is very affordable. The only complain that I have is that it leave white residue on the face, it makes the face look more pale than normally would.