September 2, 2014 | 1603 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 28 Neutral Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by hippolyte93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this palette..can use it for any look you want whether natural or smokey..just use an eyeshadow primer..also some colors are not very pigmented but its very suitable for it's price and does a wonderful job

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally neutral palettes hysteria got into me and i ordered this pallet. This is my first pallet of this size and i love every single color in it. All the shades are absolutely wearable day and night time. Appropriate for any age. The pigmentation is ok. Some of the shades are more pigmented some are less. Some of them creamy, some are chalky. When i tried a couple of the colors on my eyes today i realized that i will have to really work to reach desired intensity for a dramatic look.
The only shade i don't care about is the bright pink which makes me look sick when i apply it to my eyelid, but i can use it as a blush.

I would also wish they replaced some of the light colors with other deeper shades or different tones (too many light colors looking the same on the eyes).

The package is thin and light. Bad news - its missing mirror but for the price of 10.99 you can't get everything.

This is a good choice for some one like me who doesn't use shadows everyday and doesn't want to splurge on expensive palettes.

Despite some negatives i said over all its a good palette for affordable price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is good for begginers, I would've loved to own this when I was 15 and starting to play with makeup. But if you're like me and own many other eyeshadows and brands you will be disappointed. For the most part they aren't very pigmented and pretty chalky, but there are some shades that I like. After some time of random use the palette is a mess and coming apart. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got mine for roughly 6 dollars from another website but its the same exact thing. I think its a good beginners palette, something for a young teen. Colors are decent for the most part, some duds but not more then 2. I do not care for the black, it seems chalky in mine. Recommended for beginners.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is great for the price! I paid $15 and that is unreal for the quality and variety this palette offers. So many matte neutral colors! I will never pay for MAC again. I have the perfect shimmery nude for lid and highlight. A selection of neutral browns, and deeper browns for the crease and lining. I do use UD primer sometimes, sometimes I don't.... great color payoff regardless. For the price, everyone should jump on this palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by habana

I really like this palette. The matte neutrals alone are worth getting this palette. It's so rare to find so many matte neutrals, and ones that show up. This palette has such a nice range of colors that I like to use...from creams, beiges, tans, browns, to mauves. It's so easy to wear a nice natural day look or more dramatic look with this palette alone.

I haven't had any problems with pigmentation of these shadows (obviously they are not going to be comparable to brands like Urban Decay). I wear my avon primer under these and application and wear time are both good. The only thing I'm not crazy about with this palette are the shades with glitter, as I find they have a lot of glitter fallout. I just don't bother with those shades. Especially for the price, the mattes and satins that I do wear make this palette well worth it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ForeverTheSickestDes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this palette a lot, the colors are great. The only downfall is that the eyeshadow doesn't really last that long. I've tried different eye primers/brushes with it and still they only last a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by adriennewines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only worked with this palette a little. My biggest gripe is that the very dark colors I was excited about blending into my crease are NOT pigmented at all. It's so disappointing b/c they all look like beautiful colors!
the lighter colors, believe it or not, are just more pigmented.
Maybe I need to work with this more to see what this palette can really do, but my first impression is not good.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by lepoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this product and I love the colors that come with it. Some of them are a little bit chalky and they tend to be harder to blend, but overall, they are great colors. This is a fantastic neutral palette and as long as I use my eyeshadow primer and I take my time, the colors come out pretty true. You have to start the colors off and make sure that little bit of surface covering is off the first time you use it (you know what I'm talking about...it's that little powdery coating that covers the eyeshadow when it first comes out of the package. I guess it's to protect the color) and after that, it seems to work good. I have also found that if I have a damp (not wet) brush, the color seems to work better. Also, don't swipe it on, just dab it on and it deposits more color and is easier to blend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by apaberin

OK, after reading some of the reviews on this product, I almost did not want to purchase this. But then, I thought, "Hmmm... it's $13.25 (on sale), and I needed to complete my $50 for the free shipping." By the way, I found a coupon on retailmenot for an additional 20% off. YAYYY!

But I digress. I LIKE this palette. First thing I did is sit down with it, got 3 products that I use as primer (MAC paint pot in Painterly, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk).

Some of the colors blended into the beige-ish hue that MAC's Painterly Paint Pot has, so that's a no-go. It barely showed up on the TFSI. But with the NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil? PERFECT! The shadows showed up as pigmented, and very beautiful. I love the very light shimmer that these shadows have--I think these colors are perfect for bridal makeup. Two words that would describe the looks that you can make with this palette is sweet and romantic. Perfect for when you want to look like those ladies in the perfume ads where they're in a beautiful meadow, and they're wearing a white, flowy dress, hair all tousled up... :)

And, may I just say that that frosty white at the bottom left corner is beautiful when applied... It has a sort of iridescent, very light, green shimmer to it. Kind of reminds me of dragonfly wings.

One thing that I don't like about it, though, is that I don't think the pots are removable, unlike their Fall Festival, Winterberry, etc. palettes. I was hoping that I could buy other hot pots from CS once I'm done with this and just put them in, but I don't think you can do that with this one. Too bad. That's why I deducted a point on the packaging.

Anyway, bottomline: love this palette. Will repurchase again. And again. And again. But, CS, if you're reading this, make the palette reusable, por favor!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No