Cover Girl Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers - Cool Cocoa Mint Splash

4.5

on 12/23/2012 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I would buy it again, if it didn't get discontinued. Very, very disappointed as purple plum is NOT a replacement for brown.

What I liked the most about cocoa mint splash was the fact it could be light, medium or dark colored depending upon how much you used. It also compliments many, many skin tones.

Cover Girl, if you're reading "Cocoa" is a fruit and you need to bring back 555 in the same formula.

on 9/28/2012 4:50:00 PM

This isn't as much of an "anytime" colour for me as Plum Splash, but the minty flavour is fun and many people would probably find the brownish-plum shade extremely versatile. It's still quite flattering on my cool skintone -- just not quite my usual. I love these glosses for their convenience (easy to apply without a mirror) and how they feel. The non-sticky/tacky texture and moisturizing formula of these glosses means the colour doesn't last forever, but that's why the convenient packaging is such a bonus.

on 3/17/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I got this from Publix and it was EX-PEN-SIVE. Like, five dollars. But my friend had this gloss and is obsessed, so I thought I'd try it. It smells like mint and chocolate (slightly more minty), and is dark brown in shade. If applied right, it looks great on anyone though!

on 12/5/2010 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the gloss I reach for more than any other. It goes on a sheer, shimmery chocolate brown that makes me look very pulled-together and polished. Now, I am very pale, and as a rule brown lip colors do not look good on me. This is the exception to that rule, and I'm so glad to have it in my collection. The scent is pleasant (chocolate mint, obviously), but the taste is a touch bitter. Not horrible, just enough that I notice it. Still, the color is so beautiful, I truly don't mind the taste. I'll buy this gloss as long as they make it.

(Oh, it also looks BEAUTIFUL over darker shades of purple lipstick!)

on 7/11/2010 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Yeah, it smells and tastes great, but it's sticky and is way too dark for my skin. I don't think it's worth the repurchase.

on 7/11/2010 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great lipgloss in general. It smells good, the consistency is nice, it tastes pretty good too. It's in a classic squeeze tube bottle, which is also nice. The only thing is that since it's darker, sometimes I need to look in the mirror while applying.
**EDIT: Took one lippie off because I don't like the squeeze tube bottle for this kind of color, makes for a kind of streaky application. I would rather use a wand.

on 5/13/2009 2:53:00 AM

i love the sheer color with a hint of brownish/caramel tint. it tastes great. very minty. smells good. not sticky at all.

on 5/3/2009 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I fall into the Asian complexion category in between fair and dark, and my skin is noticeably more pale in the cold seasons and more tan in the warmer ones. After getting this in the "Chocolate Strawberries" CG combo pack and reading the rave reviews, I decided I would try it.

Of course I tried this during one of my more "pale" times, and it looked like a sheer brown layer over my lips, so I figured I'd give it to one of my friends. Of course when I tried it when I was tan it looked so much better. I have naturally pinkish lips and this gave it a deeper bronze glow.

For me, no matter how my skin is looking, it's not one of those lip glosses you can just slick on in a moment's notice because if I get some on my skin you can tell.

Weirdly enough, even though it's good, I'm not sure I would buy it again for that very reason. However, I'll say "yes" because I don't want to ruin the statistics for a lip gloss that is perfect for a lot of people.

on 4/8/2009 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very impressed with this. Glossy, tasty, moisturizing, and for a drug store gloss, it lasts a pretty long time, unless I'm eating or something. I will def buy this again. I love the brown bronzy color too!!! I am currently wearing this everyday with no lip liner or anything. I just love it.

on 3/17/2009 9:29:00 AM

I am really impressed with this product. Will definately repurchase.

I picked this up on impulse while grocery shopping, and it is one of the best glosses I've used in very long time. I am a huge Lancome Juicy Tube fan, but this gloss has lovely bronze pigment, smooth feel, and a tingling mint sensation - AND my hair doesn't stick to it. I'd say it's as good as a Juicy Tube (this particular one, anyway) at a much lower price point. Nice chocolate scent/taste, too, without being chemical.

I normally steer clear of CG's products, since they don't normally work for me, but I LOVE this. Highly recommended.

Popular Lip Glosses