October 23, 2014 | 1839 users online

Foundations - Zuzu Luxe - Oil-Free Liquid Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by isabella8

Like a previous reviewer said, the consistency of this foundation really varies from tube to tube. I bought my first tube in shade L-6 and it was really runny and the shade was a little too dark for me (it oxidizes throughout the day). I'm between a MAC NC20-25.

I recently bought shade L-3 and it was thicker in consistency and covered my acne beautifully. However, the colour was too pink on me so I tried blending L-3 and L-6 to get a decent match. I like that this foundation doesn't break me out or make my sensitive skin itch. It also feels really light on my skin.

I find I get the best coverage when I use a flat-headed foundation brush to dab the foundation on before swirling in circles to even out the makeup. I initially used a paintbrush style foundation brush and got streaks.

Overall, a great foundation but big minus for lack of shades available. I eventually returned L-3.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by checotah44

I have been using this for about two months now and am hooked! I use L6 which is great match for my nc 15-20 skin....I have found that it oxidizes a little but its a good thing as it gives me a healthy glow that nothing else has ever given me! It looks a little peachy when you put it on so it does have yellow undertones....but it somehow gives off this inner glow...it covers great and looks totally natural and never ever cakey! It seems to last a long time as I work outside lots and when I wash my face at night after being in hot weater, it's still there! I dont find this foundation runny as some say but I shake the tube before I use it even though it doesnt really say to do that...i figure it's good to mix it up a bit. If you want a natural medium coverage foundation that lasts, doesnt make you break out and looks like your skin..this is it! I am so happy with this, I am thowing away all my expensive junk i've been hoarding in my drawers..I'm THAT convinced that THIS IS MY FOUNDATION! I am switching all to ZU ZU products and use the concealer which I love, pressed powder and the best thing is the new Mosaic powder! It has the multi colored powder similar to Physicians Formula but it goes on so smooth and never ever cakey either! It gives a glow! I highly suggest you all try this! I got it at Natural Grocers and they have a good return policy they say and everything available to test!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Lildreemer10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the BEST foundation I have ever used. I have tried everything from drugstore to high-end department store foundations. Though recently, I have decided to try "greener" options.

I have sensitive, acne prone skin and my biggest problem is finding a foundation that stays put throughout the day, doesn't get oily and doesn't break me out. I am very sensitive to silicones, so using a primer often breaks me out. Using an oil-free primer just doesn't seem to do the job.

With this foundation, I use the L-14 and L-16 shades mixed as the L-14 is a tad too light and the L-16 is a little too dark - and the results are WONDERFUL. I have flawless coverage and my makeup stays put all day long, even on hot summer days. I can wear this foundation for 10-12 hours and it looks as though I just put it on - no shine, just matte, flawless coverage. If you have oily or combo sensitive, acne prone skin, this will work wonderfully. It may be a tad too drying if you have dry or mature skin - but I'm sure mixing in a little moisturizer will do the trick. When my skin is feeling a little dehydrated, I simply spray some Hyaluoronic Mist from Derma E and put this foundation on and go!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by shamrock

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is not consistent between batches. I loved the first tube that I bought in 2011 in L3. The second tube, same shade, was very chalky, as though it contained too much sunscreen. I returned that one. The third tube was okay, but was not as moisturizing as the original tube. I used it up, but had to mix it with a little moisturizer. The fourth, purchased a few weeks ago at Whole Foods, had the same great texture as the original tube, but it was way too dark on me and orange. Grrrr. I returned that one to Whole Foods, and am looking for a new brand. It's too bad, because a little more attention to quality control would make this a great product for mature, dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by kponce007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually buy the Gabriel moisturizing foundation but since the Zuzu luxe is advertised as a heavier foundation I thought I'd try it. I'm not sure why they market it as a medium to full foundation, it is so sheer! It doesn't blend in well either. It is a little more expensive than the Gabriel foundation and not definitely not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands-down the BEST foundation I have ever used. I have very oily, acne-prone skin, and after I set this with powder, it lasted all day without getting shiny or turning into a swirly mess like every single foundation I've ever used before. It really is amazing!
I have the shade L-11, which is quite light and has a neutral tone to it, which is great because my face is sort of in this weird in-between state of being cooler on the cheeks and warmer on the nose and forehead.
Anyway, the color matched perfectly, and when it dried, it set down to a silky, natural-looking finish.
It has SPF, so I set it with a powder to tone down any potential white-cast if I'm having photos done, and it looks so gorgeous in the photos that I was practically fawning over how wonderful my skin looked on camera.
I've tried so many foundations in the past, both drugstore and high-end, and none have even come close to this. I can't rave enough.
The packaging is great too. I love the squeeze tube - it's more hygienic. The price is high-ish, but only about $30, and I've seen lesser-quality foundations go for much more than that, so for price, I gave it a 3.
I will buy this again when I run out. I'm tempted to go buy another tube now to have on hand, in case they discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

I've tried it and I really like ZuZu oil-free foundation because it meets my specific needs. I'll be the first to admit that if you are looking for full coverage, keep looking; this provides lighter coverage. Personally, I had a need for a lighter formulated foundation suitable for on-the-go makeup retouches during the day, and also suitable for wear during the warmer months. I already use Origins stay-tuned balancing foundation and I love it, however, during the warmer months, it's a little thicker than I prefer to wear. (I live in Georgia, it's too hot & humid during the summer months to have on a face full of foundation so I was motivated to find a solution to this problem!) I'm allergic to parabens in face makeups so I browsed Whole Foods cosmetics section recently looking for something to meet my needs. I was immediately attracted to the ZuZu display because it had a few foundation shades suitable for women of color (big plus!!). Next, I was intrigued with the ingredients (this foundation contains aloe vera juice and calendula - which are 2 ingredients known for their soothing qualities plus Vitamin C & E and it's SPF 18! Lastly, the tube is perfect for purse carry. I bought the shade L-21. It matches beautifully my complexion beautifullly -- not too orange and not too beige - perfect! I'm very happy with this product. I've been working on my skin, trying to practice better skin care habits and using a prescription retinol to prevent acne. As my skin is improving, I need less makeup so I can even see using this during the fall/winter months. So far, it has not broken me out, and I pray it does not. However, if for some reason it starts to do so, I will definitely update this review.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by sweetgoldilocs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't wear makeup. This is my first time buying any foundation. I spent a lot of time in Whole Foods trying different brands and shades. This was perfect. The coverage is natural and undetectable. I am forty but I certainly don't look it in this makeup. I love it. A bit pricey though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by TattooVi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't convinced I liked this when I got it. I have been using Josie Moran's argan oil self adjusting color match foundation for a while. However, it's very expensive and I wanted a cheaper option. After getting it home, I blended the foundation with argan oil I already had. It ended up having a very silky texture, and the argan oil helps it blend smoothly over the face and neck. So....after a few adjustments I'm very happy with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by sparkleandshine79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I bought a whole buch of ZuZu Luxe stuff all at once when I got this. I had decided to overhaul my makeup and make greener/healthier. This was the only product I got that I didn't like. I will not use this ever again. It took me a little while to figure out this was what was breaking me out. I also don't like the consistency of it either. It feels heavy for being oil free to me. It might work for some people but definately not for me. It was also expensive (I think I payed $20 or more for it) for only getting 1oz of product.