November 27, 2014 | 1578 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - Master's Class Vol. 3 - Complexion Perfection

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by morgiepoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only thing I don't like about this kit was the concealer - it did nothing for me. But everything else worked so great!!!! Amazing, I feel like I've been doing it all wrong for so long - my skin has never looked better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought it in F1, its alittle dark but works well. I love the coverage of the foundation and powder. The primer can be alittle too shiny but once you apply the powder it mattes everything down. My face is glowing and flawless and will never turn back. The concealer is awful, it does nothing for my dark circles. The highlighter is subtle and effective. Overall it was worth my $60.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by vhemminger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fair skin and although I really, really wanted to try this and love it, even the fair shade was too dark for me. It made me look like I did a a botched bronzing job. Had to return it. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by pixieflwr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Complexion Perfection makes my skin look naturally flawless and radiant. The set is a great value at $59, especially considering the High Definition foundation alone is $38. (Lol...which is also how I justified the purchase to my husband.) For $21 extra dollars you also get Hybrid 2-in-1 Luminizing Primer, Pressed Powder/Bronze Lights Duo, Camera Ready Full Coverage Concealer, Photo Op Under Eye Brightener, a Baby Buki Brush, a Travel Foundation Brush, and an instructional DVD. A lot of make up kits include pieces I don't use and go to waste, but this one is the exception. The travel foundation brush blends the concealor well, but leaves my foundation looking streaky. The baby buki brush is travel friendly and soft, but has terrible shedding. Like other MUA reviewers I had problems with the primer--uneven dispensing and pilling. However, I'm willing to deal with the problems because it ends up looking great. The primer helps the concealor glide on. The foundation provides natural light buildable coverage. The instructional DVD is brief. For better details on how to use the products look on smashbox.com. In summary, the kit has great make up essentials at a bargain price and will make your skin look gorgeous. I'm highly satisifed with my purchase and recommend this set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Is saying this set is magical a bit too much? Maybe it's just me, but it's really something and I wish I'd found it long ago. I've been slowly getting into SB lately, but this set really kicked my interest into high gear. I initially wanted it for the luminizing primer because I was unable to find it locally by itself but I'm so glad I got the set. Everything works so well together and compliment each other so well that there isn't a product I don't love. I'm about NC20 now (25 as summer progresses) and I picked the Fair set although I heard the foundation runs a little dark and it does, but it's sheer enough and so blendable that it works. I think the price is fantastic for everything you get (won't repeat as it's already mentioned), and the dvd, although brief, was very helpful, at least for someone like me who doesn't spend much, if any, time looking at tutorials. I realized after watching the dvd that I'd been using a foundation brush incorrectly so no wonder I never understood the hype! I get it now, and with these products, using the techniques demonstrated, my late-30's skin looks flawless. I love how light everything feels while still providing good coverage, as well as giving me a softer, almost glowing, look. The best part is that the small smile lines around my mouth and between my brows are literally gone. I almost can't stop staring in mirror in amazement! I will definitely repurchase this set again or the individual products when I run out. Heck, at this rate I may start switching over my entire mu stash to Smashbox, it's really that good.
p.s. I've never had a problem with the primer pilling & I've been using this for a couple months + now. I think the trick is that less is more, because one time I did apply too much & had to blot before I could blend anything over it. Additionally, if you have a problem getting too much luminizer vs primer coming out like I did at first, just keep a finger over one of the holes as you squeeze to even it out. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by paytonal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have brown skin with red undertones. i didn't expect much because its hard to find foundation that matches black skin. boy was i pleasantly surprised. the dvd is helpful and the products are of high quality. my skin looked great after i followed the dvd step by step. the bronzer i can do without because i didn't notice a difference. the concealer blended well with my skin tone and the overall effect with all products combined was a natural glow. i highly recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like all of the products in this kit. I was looking for a foundation and a concealer, but when I saw I could get a kit containing the foundation, concealer, primer, eye highlighter, powder and bronzer compact, and two brushes, for only $3 more than the price of the foundation and concealer alone, I bought this kit. I bought the Fair kit, and the only reason why I'm giving this kit 3 stars instead of 4 is that the foundation color included in this kit, Light L1, is still too dark for my complexion. It's too "golden" on my skin. Before I spotted this kit, I tried on the foundation in Fair F2, which had more pink undertones to it and suited my complexion better. But when I saw what a great deal the kit was, I tried on the Light L1. It looked fine in the store, but when I did all the steps on my face the next day and went out for the day, I could see the foundation was a bit dark. That being said, the consistency is nice and it's oil-free, which I like. But I'll have to go back to Sephora and buy the Fair foundation. Still, with the amount of money I saved with this kit as opposed to buying each product individually, I still save some money even though I have to buy the lighter foundation.

I really like the concealer. It's smooth and creamy, blends well, and covers moderately well, but I find it gives better coverage if I apply it over the foundation, not under like the DVD and instructional booklet recommend. And the foundation brush is kind of useless. I prefer to blend the foundation and the concealer with my fingers. I like the primer and the eye highlighter cream, but I wouldn't have purchased them separately, and since I won't be repurchasing this kit, I can live without them.

Although I like the products contained in it, I wouldn't repurchase this kit because the colors are too dark for a really pale person like myself. I found the same thing with the Bare Escentuals Fair kit. They choose a fair shade that is more universally suitable, but it doesn't work for the 2% or so of the fairest people. I'm better off just repurchasing the foundation and the concealer separately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

Love this kit!! I think this is a great deal, considering the amount of product you get and the price. I LOVE, LOVE the primer. The DVD is nothing groundbreaking. But the products are great and for the money you can't beat it! I love Smashbox's Master Class collections - great idea by that company and it has made me try more of their products. I wish this one wasn't limited time only.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by RAQ88

So when you first see the price you may think thats way to much..... But once you have the product in your had its a whole different story.. Not to mention when you are in the store and see the price for everything individually. This is what is comes with, and there not sample sizes. I took everything out at Sephora and looked at the items on display.

this is the example of the medium tone there are four i believe.

-(The set includes High Definition Healthy Fx Foundation SPF 15 in Medium M2 (1 oz), Hybrid 2-in-1 Luminizing Primer in Flash (0.98 oz), Pressed Powder/Bronze Lights Duo in Medium/Dark (0.42 oz), Camera Ready Full Coverage Concealer in 5.0 (0.08 oz), Photo Op Under Eye Brightener (0.24 oz), a Baby Buki Brush, a Travel Foundation Brush, and an instructional DVD.)

If you put the foundation one with a 187 or 188 foundation brush from MAC, it goes on very light. And I have freckles I like them to show threw and there is no problem while wearing this, not to mention I have enough coverage to get rid of my redness.

(just to throw it out there the whole thing should be costing you $176.00. The foundation alone is $38. BUT IT A LIMITED TIME OFFER SO GET IT)

my only negative thing to say is that the concealer coverage could be better for those of you like me that have dark circles under the eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2008 5:26:00 AM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all , i wanna say that the 'instructional DVD ' is a total bummer :( It lasts for about 4 minutes , and it's only instructional if this is your first time make up ever . I was expecting to get some 'insider tips' from smashbox, leave that aside , i didnt even like the make up he is putting on her, the buki brush he is using is shedding and i thought he used a totally wrong color of foundation for her skin tone , but might as well be the lighting ..
anyways , enough for the video :) I actually do like this kit , having read the previous reviews i ordered the fair kit ( i went lighter then i would normally) foundation shade is quite a good match and i do like the powder-bronzer duo , it's a very fine , nice , natural looking powder product . I do like the 2 in 1 primer as well . The concealer is better then i thought it was going to be , not too solid not too runny , nice consistence when you apply.
I just got this kit few days ago so , i'm going to update as i go but so far so good , very good value .