August 30, 2014 | 1796 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eye Shadow Quad - Picture Perfect

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

I got this as a hand-me-down from my sister, so I'm not exactly sure where it's originally from. The colors are all very sheer and shimmery, so they're quite wearable and look very natural. I've experienced a little fallout, nothing too bad. The net weight is 18 oz, or 5 g, so you get a lot of value for your money.
Colors: Clockwise, starting from the top left.
1- A light cranberry with some golden shimmer
2- A medium grape with grey undertones and silver shimmer
3- A pretty champagne with golden shimmer
4- A deep brown with some red undertones and golden shimmer
Packaging: Square, sturdy, well-made black compact, plastic with some sort of matte rubber stretched over it, full mirror on top lid. Shadows are in deep square pans that you could remove if you wanted.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by LauraBraunstein

This product is s**t. I get practically no pigmentation out of it and have to literally keep caking it on to see results at all. I am not even a heavy makeup wearer! I like Smashbox's cream eyeliners, but it seems like their shadows stink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

i got this in the same kit as the reviewer below me.

let me tell you... i love the colors in this quad, they are soft and wearable for work.
i actually feel like 3 of the colors are similar to mac's, like the taupe or light brown is like mac's "Tabby" and the pinkcolor is close to "say,yeah" with alot less shimmer. AND the highlight is just like "ricepaper".

they are a bit more dull then what i would have liked but as a company smashbox prob tried to put together a set that everyone would like..and use. so its not shocking that all the colors are shades of brown basically.

im also glade they didnt include a brush, cuz brushes take up alot of space and here you get full eyeshadows!
if you can get your hand on this set i would recommend it!...for yourself or as a gift.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand why this quad has low ratings. I got the Picture Perfect quad as part of the Best of Smashbox collection from Costco. You get quite a few FULL SIZED products for almost $10! This was still available at my Costco when I picked it up last week.
I'm a total skank when it comes to neutrals. I have tried so many different shadows and although I'm devoted to MAC, this quad is gorgeous. I've worn it twice and love it. Today, I used all of the colors but the pink since I can't wear pinks too well. I started out with Painterly paintpot by MAC, Shroom e/s all over the lid by MAC, the pretty taupe color in this Smashbox quad on the lid, the pretty bronzey/cranberry color on this quad in the crease & outer V and the frosty highlight shade for my browbone and Blacktrack fluidline (also by MAC) to finish it off. The staying power lasted all day. I think if people who are having difficulty with the pigment, they should use a paint pot/paint/shadestick by MAC as a base. I never have problems with eyeshadows lacking pigment when I do something like that. This is the perfect everyday netural quad. I'm so glad I got it as part of the kit.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This quad was sadly lacking pigment. Beautiful too look at but very sheer going on. You need a stiff brush and alot of product to get enough color and then the color fades throughout the day even with a good base. The colors are pretty, a shimmer light pink/salmon; shimmery off white, shimmery taupe and shimmery dark chocolate. The taupe shade has the least pigment. Barely shows up at all. Overall, pretty to look out but lacking the usual smashbox quality. Skip this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by xGingyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

*Please click continue for the swatches*

I got this eye shadow quad as a gift from the free lunch promotion. The quad consists of four neutral shades: a pink champagne with gold shimmer, a shimmery taupe, a deep chocolate brown with gold shimmer, and gold. I'm currently a NC15-20, the pink champagne shade barely show up on me, but it makes a great wash on the lids. There's nothing special about the taupe shade, it's more of a neutral-cool shade with a slight hint of purple. I really need to be careful with this shade as when use with a heavy hand it makes me eyes look bruised. And there's this deep shimmery chocolate shade, again, it doesn't really wow me because it almost look identical to the brown from the Wet 'n' Wild Sand Castle palette. Last but not least, the gold shade, which is my personal favorite. It's like the toned down version of MAC Nylon - less frosty and not over the top shimmery. It really makes a great highlighter for the brow bones as well as use on the inner corner of the eyes. Like most of the Smashbox eye shadow quads, this is quad is not very pigmented but when use with a primer it managed to show up pretty well and last for a whole day. Overall, cute little quad with very wearable shades and would be wonderful for traveling. I really love the packaging, it's very sleek and simple. However, I probably wouldn't repurchase because the shades are very dupe-able, and perhaps, appear somewhat boring to many people.

continued >>