July 29, 2014 | 2120 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Vibrant Grape

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I wasn't madly in love with Vibrant Grape when I first saw it and swatched it, the colour payoff was really not the best and it looks a bit chalky and not good on the back of my hand. However, when used on the eyes it comes to life. It is a medium toned purple shade, kind of similar to Ooh La Orchid by Too Faced. I actually really like using this the most on my lower lashline to complement a dark or light brown smokey eye. It sounds like it shouldn't work, purple and brown together, but personally I think it adds the most beautiful pop of colour to the eye, drawing attention in a positive way. I love this shade, I don't think it is talked about enough, its understated and fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Luscious83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this purple.... It goes on real nice on my eyelids...when I use Mac brush 242 or 239....it lasts long without any primer

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by MillieNasrin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would call this a true purple. Pigmentations not so great but try layering it over something like soft ochre paint pot or a white eye pencil. Lovee this with lashes and clashing lips like lovelorn. Reminds me of something rihanna would wear. A perfect summer colour and easy to wear during the day. Good staple purple.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by marianab16

Unfortunatly, Vibrant Grape is part of the limited edition called "Style Warrior". It is no very pigmented but it is a true purple colour. It doesn't look pink or blue. Because of the lack of pigmentation I use it mainly over the crease and it makes a really good combination with many other colours.
I like the product. I wouldn't recommend it to use all over the lid but it's good for the crease and the outer V.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't get this. It lacks pigmentation and the texture is a bit chalky. It's one of those eyeshadows that you have to apply with a sponge because brushes can't pick it up well and it won't apply evenly. I suppose it would probably show up better with a sticky black or purple base but for the price we are paying, we shouldn't need to buy/use a separate product to get the pretty purple color we see in the pot.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this color but I dont love it. I bought it for the VIBRANT purple. But instead its just a nice muted purple! Still is nice, still works just fine... but not wild!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Im a sucker for purple eyeshadows so i had to get this. I swatched this eyeshadow in the mac store and it had horrible pigmentation. But i had heard the vibrant grape eyeshadow in the mac pro store had amazing pigmentation and it is so true. The vibrant grape from the pro store has amazing pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this color in a tutorial and just fell in love.......today I bought it since it's available in regular stores now. It's true that it's not super pigmented, but I layered it over a black base and the payoff was unlike any other purple I've seen! I have olive skin and it just glowed and made my brown eyes really pop. I'm okay with putting it over a base since I always use a primer anyways and well purple is my fave color and this is the best one I've owned so far!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by tricestar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I seen this purple from style warrior collection I was in LOVE! I've been looking for a purple thats bright and very pigmented. I was very disappointed by Vibrant grape, It was chalky and had a lot of fall out. For the purple to show up on my dark skin I had to pack it on..which was time consuming..I would not buy this again...still on the search for the perfect purple.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by breesana

I wanted to try a pink look, but still daring and brave. I have lot of red in my cheeks, so I was afraid of turning into a cherry. On of the visiting makeup artists paired this with mix of da bling and swish on the lids and vibrant grape on the crease. I really like this color mix, but i don't use it in any other looks. After several moths of fairly consistant use, the color payoff isn't as good as before,which is disappointing. But it is a good grape, if you can find it again.