November 22, 2014 | 1488 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Bottle Green

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by AvaJolie09

Just got this and couldn't be more pleased! I ordered it online without having seen it in person first. It's very matte which is exactly what I wanted. As I age I feel like matte finishes are less aging than the shimmery ones. It works awesome as a liner. I layer it over Maybelline'sMaster Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner on my upper lash line and it's gorgeous. I highly recommend it and will definitely purchase it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Emilyx0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved the colour of this shadow, when I swatched it, there was barely any colour payoff. The texture is also very matte and almost rubbery feeling, I wouldn't recommend this. Also its a MAC PRO exclusive shadow (it's similar to MAC's 'Plumage') I wouldn't recommend this shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by aibreanx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pro exclusive eyeshadow. That means you can only get it from a pro store or through a phone order. BUT you can get it on the website! I don't know why it's there because it's definitely a pro exclusive.

Anyway onto the review...

It looks like a deep forest green with a slight teal shift in the pan, and that's exactly what you get when you swatch it. I've experienced few shadows with pay-off as good as this one. What you get in the pan is what you get in a swatch and when you apply it.

In terms of the overall quality and texture, it's a matte but the texture is unlike MAC's other mattes. It's incredibly creamy, blends like a dream, and the colour pay-off is out of this world. A little bit goes a long way.

You NEED this eyeshadow. In terms of quality, this really represents the best that Mac has to offer and the colour is unique and stunning. Get to a pro store, call the hotline, order online, do whatever just GET IT! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my ALL time favorite MAC e/s and probably my favorite e/s overall.

I think this doesn't get used enough/noticed for a few reasons. Its a Pro color and not so many pro stores around, and its reallllly dark in the pan. Swatch it. You are going to see the most beautiful green. Hunter green as described in other reviews, no sparkle/shimmer, its a matt.

This is SUCH a great e/s to use as e/l with a wet brush. That is how I use it the most. Its a great crease color and its great as a concentrated color on the lid that you can slightly blend out into the crease.

If you do a Patina wash with this on the lid blended into the crease, then use wet as an e/l - you are going to get a GREAT look. My eyes are hazel, it makes them look green. Its good on brown eyes as my DD does this, and I know it would be good on blue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I made my boyfriend buy this for me in Las Vegas because there aren't any pro stores where I live, and I have to say his effort was worth it. This eyeshadow is a matte, but it feels like velvet. It takes a lot of extra work --even for a matte-- to blend, but once you get it blended, that work is totally worth it: it looks gorgeous with almost anything. It helps to deepen up the crease without being too harsh like black would, and with neutral looks it just adds a little bit of subtle color. I would definitely repurchase this eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had heard a ton of great reviews about this eyeshadow so i had to go to the pro store in toronto and pick it up. This has to be the most pigmented Mac eyeshadow out there. It is a deep hunter green great for adding depth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a must have if you love green shadow. I didn't get this for the longest time because I have Plummage, and both are very deep greens. Bottle green is quite different from Plummage, as Bottle Green has far less blue tones than Plummage does. The texture of BG is like a Matte2, super smooth and very pigmented and matte. I adore this color. I love to use it to add depth to monochromatic green looks, and it plays well with blues and neutrals as well. It is a gorgeous choice to get away from the go-to browns, blacks, grays from smokey eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by katematch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've found myself drooling over anything deep green / teal lately, so this was a must-buy when discovered at MAC Pro in Chicago. This color is hands down a favorite. As a dark brunette with a lighter complexion and reddish brown eyes, this color is perfection on me. It brings out the rich red tones in my eyes and is very wearable for day or night with appropriate application. As others have said, this is pretty intensly pigmented, so it goes on a bit strong -- make sure you have a good blending brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised there are so few reviews for this color! This color is amazing. Matte eyeshadows are my favorite MAC shadow texture. The below reviewers have done a great job of describing the color. I have Plumage, but you need this, too! I wore it today with Girlie on the lid and Bottle Green in the crease/outer V. OMG, it's gorgeous. Great color and pigmentation. It is a great addition to neutral shadows. It goes well with other neutrals, with a punch of color. When blended out, it is not garish or obnoxious. It's just a muted hunter greenish color. I would most definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by debzel

I am an NW20 with dark hair and dark green eyes.

I was at MAC yesterday and asked the MUA what colours I could wear to vary up my neutrals and she gave me this. It is by far the more gorgeous green I have ever worn. So soft to apply and so pigmented. It reflects the green in my eyes without making my eyelids look heavy. Absolutely nothing street-walker about this green. It is pure class. It's a true deep hunter green - more blue and slightly darker than humid. I highly recommend this!