August 20, 2014 | 1082 users online

Skincare - Face - Mario Badescu - Special Cleansing Lotion "C"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by DebWil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this toner to help fix a horrendous round of breakouts, part hormonal peri-menopausal and part intolerance to daily retin-a Micro. My skin was a mess. I started using the MB cucumber toner for acne, along with BP 5% at night and Salicylic acid 0.5% (Murad anti-acne wrinkle reducer) during the day and taking a break from the RAM (it wasn't just purging BTW) Gradually my skin was calming down, but I felt like either the SA or the cucumber toner wasn't strong enough to have acne clearing results. Hence I switched to the Special C cleansing lotion/toner.

Within a few days I started noticing a difference. No change in redness, but the breakouts and clogged pores started to decrease. Even with it being TTOTM, I had fewer breakouts than before. I find the packaging to be a delight for a liquid-y toner. the small tip of the opening allows me to control how much is on the cotton round vs an open-topped bottle. It doesn't reek of alcohol (although I know it's in there to some extent), and it doesn't overdry my skin. It smells like the drying lotion or calamine lotion, but that dissipates quickly. Also I take what's left after swiping it over my face down to my chest, which I also struggle with acne/hormonal blemishes. After a week my chest has felt smoother than it has in years. So much so that I am thinking of putting some in a spray bottle to use on my back and kp on my arms. The facial breakouts are gradually decreasing, and the ones I do get are healing much faster. Overall I'm super happy and I will continue to use it. And it's not that expensive for a non-drug store product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Monyak12

I received this as a free sample the sales agent told me its good for combination skin. Smell was awful cant stand it but I used it anyway and after a week I noticed how awesome this product was! It helped control my tzone. After 5 hours my tzone is still dry no traces of oil or whatever. Ive never used a toner like this before! Been thinking if I should buy the regular size guess im just gonna finish the sample bottle first! This is a must buy for people with oily/combination skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free sample and LOVED this. It smells great and was very very safe for my skin. (Too much rubbing alcohol gives me chemical burns) It removed all the gunk on my face and kept oil away from my face for hours! This is one of the best products (I think) Mario Badescu has. I only wished that the sample bottle was a lot bigger so that i could have used it for another month.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Sarajaade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just received this in a sample pack for filling out an online questionaire at the brands website (I highly recommend doing this, you receive decent sized samples!) and WOW, I have never used a toner quite like this... It claims to be an amazing acne healer due to it's sulfur content, which I'm not sure of after only one use, but after ONE use, I looked at my cotton pad, then at my pores, and back to the cotton pad and realized that this stuff cleaned ALL of the crap out of my pores!! I seriously have 90% unclogged pores now, which is saying something since I had the most crap filled pores in the universe. I took off one lippy due to it's high alcohol content, I can imagine this stuff would be waaay too irritating to use every day, even for the oiliest of skin... but for a quick cleaning when pores get gunked up, this stuff is freaking amazing. All of my samples were awesome, but I think this might be the only product that I feel the need to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Kikuri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's good. Although I ain't sure if it helped clearing my acne, cause during those times i'm using this product I still have some acne's, so i'm not sure if it reduced the size of my acne's or not but I don't get acne's that much like i used to when I was using this. So it's all good. I only tried one bottle then switched back to Glycolic Acid Toner, cause my sister said my skin looks more better when I was using the Glycolic Acid Toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by stikfigyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A fairly intense product for oily skin. I love this toner, and it works well on my moderately oily, acne-prone skin. Removes and controls oil well but doesn't over-dry my skin. It has a very pleasant scent despite its high alcohol content. A good value for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG toner. I've repurchased this twice. One bottle lasts me from 9 months to a year. I had received this as a sample from MB for filling out the skin survey. At first, I hated the scent of it and felt it was too over powering so I didn't touch it for a while. When I ran out of my current toner, I started using this and saw that it was working well on my skin. The scent didn't linger. I ended up liking the scent (probably because I got used to it).

The bottle itself consists of a yellow-colored toner with a powder substance in the bottom. Make sure you shake it up before using it. My oily, acne prone skin is very fond of this toner. It has helped me clear up my skin from acne. I still get break outs, but not as frequently.

I also enjoy using this on my eyebrows pre/post plucking. I feel that it makes it less painful for removal.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by voicelessadrasteia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This toner feels like it's really working. It stung a bit at first use - but I only assumed that was because it was working. It tightens my face up after cleansing, and it just feels so much fresh and well.. better! It smells a little strong, but I don't actually think that's a big deal. The color is a little off putting, but again, that doesn't bother me. It seems to help my skin keep kind of matte during the day as well. It's a fantastic product, and I would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by mmandelik04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It feels like it takes away all the dead layers of skin. Helps my white heads and blackheads which I had all over my nose. I love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by caittt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this toner! After using it for a few days, my skin looked clearer, however it didn't seem to prevent new breakouts like I had hoped. It does seem to help my skin to stay matte throughout the day though. I don't really think it dries out my skin too much, but I always use moisturizer afterward so I'm not quite sure. All in all, I'd buy it again, but I'm still looking for my HG.