Almay Cover Up Stick

3.4

on 11/9/2012 7:42:00 PM

The best concealer I have ever tried, definitely a HG. It covers up anything from blemishes to dark circles and blends really well. You can also just wear this due to the blendability and versatility of it.

Not very impressed by this. Mine has oxidized and is now a yellowish colour in the tube. I don't use it on my face because it shows dry spots easily and doesn't last. Oh well. I like to put a lip balm on and put a little bit of this over top for a lighter lip colour, or to make one of my bright pink lip sticks more wearable.

on 12/29/2011 11:33:00 PM

one word: GROSS. although, i should have known i wouldnt like it because ive never liked stick concealers - i usually go with liquid.

but this stuff becomes this weird blotchy spot of your face where ever you apply it! its like if you have dark circles and you apply it under your eyes, it'll look decent at first. but then you go and glace in the mirror a while later and SURPRISE! it looks cakey and patchy and blotchy and gross. plus, the stupid little cap thing cracked before i even got it home!

on 11/21/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I'm Asian with oily acne-prone skin and i really like this product because of it yellowish tone and it doesnt me an oily sensation after using it.
I use it when need some coverage in several areas and then put on some loose powder to look natural. (I still cant find my foundation but this stick works greats as one).
The bad thing is that sometimes it cause me break outs and it is too dry when i want to cover my acne's scars, making them more noticeable but this is a matter when im not using moisturizer before.
But i really like this product because of the tone match for my skin, and for dry skin like my mom, she also like it.

on 3/13/2010 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It really dried out my under eye skins. By the end of the day, my under eye dark circle is just more obvious. I use this one to cover my pores and acne scares and it works great. I have in light/medium and is the right color for my cheeks but too dark for under eye.

on 1/13/2010 12:03:00 AM

This is a pretty good product for the price. I use it to conceal everything except, for under my eyes due to the packaging, since it comes in a stick, i don't like to use it under my eyes because i have to use some force to apply it, and i don't want to do that to the sensitive area of my eye.
Overall, it covers really well.
Again, almay is limited in color, so it doesn't work for everyone.

on 8/21/2009 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is definitely my HG of cover sticks/concealers!!!! I swear I have tried every brand imaginable both Brand Name and natural/organic ones. I don't think I will ever use anything else for the rest of my life!! I have super sensitive skin that breaks out easily from the food that I eat to what I put on it and it's on the combination/oily side. All the other concealers I've ever tried made my skin more oily, made it break out, dried it out, or caused adverse reactions. Even the natural/organic ones did not satisfy me, including the mineral makeup (caused my skin to burn). I use the Almay concealer over my entire face, but don't cake it on. Sometimes, I even fall asleep with it on and it still doesn't cause my skin to break out. However, my skin does not feel my best after I sleep with it on and I know this an ultimate beauty "no-no". So, I try not to do this! I hope they never stop making this! And if they ever change the formula in this I would be devestated because I am extremely picky about what to use on my face!

on 4/26/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So far, I have 3 kinds of concealers in my makeup bag: I have the Almay cover stick in light/medium, MAC studio sculpt concealer in NC 35 (the one that comes in the glass pot), and MAC prep+prime in medium (it's an eyeshadow base but I use it as a concealer). I have medium tanned asian skin and I use concealer on my eyelids, undereye shadows, around the nose, and around the shadows of my mouth.

I find myself reaching for this 9 times out of 10 over my MAC concealers. The consistency of the Almay concealer is in between the MAC concealers that I have. It is less thick and offers less coverage than the Studio Sculpt, and it is thicker and more dry compared to the prep+prime. The prep+prime is the easiest to blend and looks very natural but it has no staying power and it creases very fast, even when it is set with powder. The studio sculpt offers medium to full coverage but I find it is thick and cakey sometimes, and slightly orange on my skin.

The Almay cover stick is just right. The consistency is a little dry but I think that this actually helps with the staying power to keep it from creasing. When I apply this, I blend it with my fingers and set it with powder (MAC mineralize skin finish in medium plus) and it stays on all day!! This blends seamlessly into my skin and it looks very natural. It evens out my skin tone perfectly. I have a clear complexion so when I use this, it makes me look like I have naturally perfect even skin. Even when I tan and get darker, I find I can layer my darker powder over this and it still looks very natural.

The best part is its ease of application. I don't need to use any sponges or brushes to blend this for a natural look, so it is a great time saver. And for $10, it is a great price! I realized I don't have to spend so much money on higher end products to get a good concealer. I would definitely buy again. I would highly recommended this for NC35 skintones.

on 7/17/2008 12:38:00 AM

This was an okay concealer, it was bit oily for my taste, but nonetheless..it did hide my dark undereye circles.However, because it was too oily, i don't trust it enough to put it over any blemishes in fear that it would just aggravate it more. I would buy this again just to use it as an undereye concealer.

on 4/20/2008 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i bought this awhile ago thinking it would cover my scars but it just turned all cakey! i even put moisterizer on. ughh i cant even return it.