August 27, 2014 | 1753 users online

Eye Shadow - Ben Nye - Lumiere Luxe Powder in Iced Gold

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you enjoy sparkle, this is perfect. Personally, I expected a wonderful pigment/powder that would be the same as the Lumiere Grande pressed eyeshadow. It is not, definitely not, like the original. It is a micro-sparkle, not a shimmer, not a pearl. The fineness of the sparkle is what defines the product; it cannot be blended well with other products to create different shades. It is just an off-white/light beige-y golden sparkle. I am hugely disappointed. I have the original Iced Gold in my Ben Nye palette, and I am on my second pan. I love the original; it tends to slightly neutralize and subdue other colors when I place it over them. I use it all the time. But I have absolutely no use for the Luxe Powder in Iced Gold. It's odd, because the green and violet are perfect shimmers, identical to the pressed powders. The metallics are not. Certainly would not buy again and will give this one to my young nieces to play dress-up with. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by benny143

Packaging can be a mess, but the product is gorgeous. High shimmer, super pigmented white highlighter. Just beautiful!! Fine texture, hi-quality!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Briggitte

This is also my favorite highlighter. It has an amazing sparkle to it that I have never seen in any other product the color is a really pale champagne you can also put it over your colored shadow for a really dramatic night look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 2:40:00 AM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Heck yeah I'll buy this again! This has got to be the most insanely gorgeous highlighting color ever!!! I put my wash of color over my lids and drag it outwards for that smokey cat eye look and no matter what color I'm using, I always use this on my brow bone, I dab it in the corner of my eyes by my nose and sweep it across the color on my lids. Basically, I love how this creates that fantasy sparkle. The color is like an antique white; a white with gold interference but it goes on this golden champagne color. It's just amazing with everything. It totally transforms your eye color and makes your eyes come alive and look just stunning. I wear this every single day. I'm almost out of my first container. And you get so much product!! That should tell you something! Gooooorgeous!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Ghoulina

Ben Nye's Lumiere Luxe Powder is a super fine loose powder that I believe comes in the same shades as their Grande Lumiere pressed eyeshadows. It comes in a plastic screw top container with no insert or sifter which is unfortunate as the powder is so fine, it goes flying out when you open it. The lid on mine also doesn't seem to line up with the jar quite right which makes it harder to close.

Wonky jar top aside, Iced Gold is an absolutely gorgeous shade. It looks like Tinkerbell's pixie dust! Super sparkly and shimmery with intense pale gold iridesence. It can be dusted on lightly for subtle shimmer, built up for a super sparkly effect or used wet for a more dramatic application.

The loose powder form makes it versatile too. You can use it on browbones, cheekbones even décolleté if you're feeling saucy! A little bit goes a long way - my sister went as a fairy for Halloween and even though we covered her in this head-to-toe I still have a near-full jar left!