Milani 89 Disco Lights

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a pink glitter with sort of a mauve tone. It is really flashy and sparkles a lot in the sun/bright light. Disco Lights is the perfect name for it! I love it.

on 1/24/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

A few months ago I got into a rose gold trend and hunted a polish that was rosy but not too pink. I love that the glitter has gold undertones, but is pinkish. It's the perfect color.

I used a base coat, 1 coat of a dusty pink (Orly's 'Pink Chocolate'), and then 3 or 4 thin coats of Disco lights. Follow that up with a few coats of your favorite top coat and you will have a sparkly manicure for DAYS.

Use the foil method or peeling to remove this polish!

on 8/1/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice glittery polish, looks great over a pink polish! for the people who have trouble removing it, cutex has polish removing pads that will scrub it right off! I purchased them at rite aid. It is worth the extra work because it is such a gorgeous glitter, fun and girly! Great for summer & its cheap at cvs!

on 1/2/2012 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good news/bad news review. I bought this because it's between Christmas and New Years and this is an insanely festive and beautiful color! I mean, it's pink with gold/silver sparkle in it and lot of it! I applied this and LOVED it!!! It is soooo gorgeous!!! HOWEVER...if you use this, be prepared to spend a lot of cotton pads and a lot of time getting it off! I had acetone nail polish remover and let the pad soak on my nail for a good 2 minutes and it still didn't budge! It took FOREVER for me to get this off my nails! Thank God it's Winter and I didn't even bother to do my toes! After I spent probably 30 min. removing this from my fingernails, I sadly threw the bottle in the trash. It's gorgeous, but what a freakin' hassle! Good news is that it's cheap and really ladies...absolutely gorgeous! Bad news...omg....takes FOREVER to remove and I'm pretty sure a layer of nail was sacrificed for my week of festive, pretty nails. Won't buy again....threw the bottle I used only one time, away.

on 10/20/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This color is soooooo pretty!!!! It's a clear based nail polish with cool rosy pink glitter In it. This is my first Milani polish that I have purchased. Right now I'm just wearing 2 coats of it on my nails. Can't wait to try it on top of bright colors. Def will repurchase! :)

on 8/17/2011 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I fell in love with the rose gold glitter from Butter London's Rosie Lee color so I googled for the dupe. Milani's Disco Lights came up in the search and since it was cheap, I went out and bought it. I couldn't use it at all. The smell was awful! Someone here posted that it smelled like fish and chemicals which I totally agree with it. I would not recommend this. [(Btw, Sephora has the Nails Inc polishes now and Chelsea Sq. [another rose gold glitter polish] is awesome!)

on 8/14/2011 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've never purchased a Milani nail polish, but I just had to have this! It's the most gorgeous pink color, and of course, it's sparkly! I found it to be pretty much completely opaque after three coats, which isn't too bad compared to most drugstore nail polishes that are just plain glitter. For some reason I get a Marilyn Monroe, glamorous, old hollywood feel when I wear this! Just lovely... although the smell is a little off, I can take it for the time it takes to dry, which I found to be fairly quick.

on 8/8/2011 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ooooh pretty! The color is a pretty salmony-pink cool toned glitter. The glitter is pretty evenly distributed, but I did notice I had to recap and shake several times throughout application. It was quite a bit sheerer than I thought it would be and took 3 coats to get opaque enough. Also, the finish was gritty-city and it drank 3 coats of topcoat before it was smooth. Even though this took some effort, the payoff is simply stunning! The sparkle is dazzling and the color is soothing and mesmerizing (hard to describe, really). I will most definately use up the whole bottle and am going to grab a back up asap!

on 7/12/2011 5:15:00 PM

Disco Lights is an insanely sparkly polish that I rarely use alone because it would take about 4 coats to get a concentration of color but looks amazing over other polishes. The smell is a bit strong but it won't kill you. Wear one coat of this as a top coat and you will shine all week long! This is a very tough polish that takes some work to get off. I find that it dries rather quickly on me and looks gorgeous on the tips of the nail for some added bling.

on 7/9/2011 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After reading all the comments about the smell, I went to go smell my bottle of disco lights. The smell reminds me of the bon bon polishes I used to use when I was younger, it just like nail polish chemicals. I'm not bothered by it. I got Disco Lights because it looks like Butter London's "Rosie Lee" (if the smell of Disco Lights bothers you, ULTA now carries Butter London and you can try Rosie Lee instead). Disco Lights applies very smoothly for a glitter. It has a nice, even application. One girl asked me if I was wearing the Sally Hansen nail strips because my nails looked so perfect. This color is rosier and a bit less sparkle party than OPI's "Teenage Dream." I think Disco Lights is more of a grown-up glitter.

Top Rated Milani Products