Lancome Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

4.1

TITANIUM DIOXIDE 6.038981%, COSMETIC INGREDIENTS, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, NYLON-12 DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, METHICONE, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, MICA, BLUE 1 LAKE

on 7/14/2015 4:29:00 AM

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! Smooths, does not oxidise, gives the most beautiful, cloudy, youthful look to the skin.
I hope this is not being discontinued!!

on 2/1/2015 10:54:00 PM

I absolutely loved the finish of this foundation, I just wish the coverage was more buildable and it came in lighter shades. For reference, I'm a mac nc15/nw10 or a tad lighter than nars sheer glow in Siberia. I bought this in the lightest shade (1N i believe) and it just looked a bit too dark on me to pull off everyday, even in the summer when I'm slightly less ghostly. I generally need higher coverage and it might've been been the fact that I tried to build it up when it's definitely a more light to medium coverage foundation. This was also fantastic for my dry skin. Unless I was having a horrible skin day, I don't remember ever getting dry spots while wearing this. This is definitely geared toward dry skin types, I think this would slide right off of anyone with oily skin given the extremely dewy finish. Overall fantastic, the problems I had with it were just a little too noticeable for me to continue using it.

on 1/22/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

The SA at Nordstrom gave me a several samples in Ivory 4N. I imagine this would be a good foundation depending on skin type and age. Seems a bit drying on my mature skin. Coverage is light to medium. The deal breaker for me is the color match which is too neutral and slightly ashen giving a slight chalky, washed out appearance to my cool, fair skin tone. If you have smooth skin with no lines and can find a color match this could be a lovely makeup. Before giving up, I will see if there is a right color in this line and use a moisturizer underneath. I can't vouch for breakouts as I've not used long enough.

Will purchase if I find the right color match.

on 1/21/2015 9:51:00 PM

Wonderful foundation!! I absolutely love this foundation. It stays on allday and it makes my skin look natural, not cakey. Covers fine lines perfectly and really brings out a glow in my skin. Coverage is great and lasts 12hrs+

on 1/21/2015 9:02:00 PM

I have this. It's actually very nice. And it lasted up to 12 hours on me. This is (besides EL DW), are my favorite liquid foundations. This one doesn't feel like a heavy mask on me and is very buildable. It looks good in photos too. I don't have many lines (yet), but it looks very natural and not like foundation (which EL DW can if you don't blend it right). This one can do very well with younger and more mature skin. My neighbor who is in her 50's wears this and her makeup looks wonderful.

on 5/4/2014 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I felt a little mean giving 1 star, so I added another...sorry, this foundation probably works great, just not on me.

Experience 1/5
I'm going to ignore the fact that it was too dark for me, but it was beyond cakey, and I used a dime size amount! It highlighted imperfections I didn't even know a 16 year old could have, I felt so disgusted. To be fair, my skin does tend to be on the drier side, but rarely flaky.

Lasting Power N/A
It lasted at least 2 hours, I couldn't handle it longer than that.

Reaction to Skin 1/5
Even though I only wore it for 2 hours, and cleansed my face with Clarisonic later, I broke out! Big horrible (but not red) bumps.

Conclusion
Just no..I can't, I really wanted to like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Excellent foundation! I've tried many! My skin is somewhat oily/combo, but as I am in my mid 30's this foundation is wonderful for so many different reasons.

1. It doesn't feel heavy at all.

2. Very blendable but very "wearable". It seemed to last on my for up to 14 hours without having to get too oily!

3. It looks like skin! It doesn't get cakey, turn color, etc.

4. It doesn't rub off too easily which is wonderful because even tho it doesn't state that it is a 24 lasting foundation (like Revlon Colorstay for ex), it still seems to last very long!

5. Does NOT cause me breakouts!!

6. Looks very natural and even tho I do not have any "fine lines" (yet), I do believe this is wonderful for those who do.

7. It has a pump!!

I hope they do not discontinue this foundation. I will continue to purchase this!

on 3/8/2014 4:23:00 PM

I love this foundation , it goes on super smooth and silky , it gives a slight hydrating feeling and looks amazing on the skin , I always set it with powder , not because it needs it but because I live in a country that has HOT climate , I get the tiniest transfer on humid days but it is not really worth mentioning. I love the coverage of this foundation, to me it seems like a light- medium coverage but definitely buildable.

What I don't like about this foundation is that it does not photographs as beautifully as I would expect it when flash is used. but it is definitely one of the most luxurious foundation out there.

on 2/6/2014 9:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Not convinced by this one, Lancôme...

Where to begin? It's best if I break this down into pro's and con's:

PROS
Dewy formula allowing for a natural, youthful look
Light weight but still provided a medium coverage - I only need one pump and my skin is good to go

CONS
Despite the photogenic claims in the name, this fails to meet expectations. In flash photography, this does not photograph particularly well - no white cast (fortunately) but it does have a tendency to highlight the more shiny, greasy areas of the face (likely due to it's dewy formula) - not pleasant! Better oil controlling properties are required.
Price tag... it's a little heafty to say the least! Approx £30. Not affordable.
Formula dried out my skin and broke me out
Fragrance/perfume is one of the main ingredients - not ideal for those with sensitive skin
Limited shade selection - the range does for cater for paler skins.

on 12/13/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Looks amazing when you first put it on but doesn't last more than 3 hours and starts to break down in my T-zone area which can have a tendency to get oily. The coverage inst the best either, moderate at best but when you first put it on it looks like full, weird. I guess me hunt will continue. Im trying the 24 hour Teint next. Heres hoping! If that doesn't work then I will be moving on to Dior. I tried Bare Essentials and it is TERRIBLE!!! Mac is good at worst but mid day leaves oily streaks down my face.