October 31, 2014 | 1527 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Oui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I felt a little mean giving 1 star, so I added another...sorry, this foundation probably works great, just not on me.

Experience 1/5
I'm going to ignore the fact that it was too dark for me, but it was beyond cakey, and I used a dime size amount! It highlighted imperfections I didn't even know a 16 year old could have, I felt so disgusted. To be fair, my skin does tend to be on the drier side, but rarely flaky.

Lasting Power N/A
It lasted at least 2 hours, I couldn't handle it longer than that.

Reaction to Skin 1/5
Even though I only wore it for 2 hours, and cleansed my face with Clarisonic later, I broke out! Big horrible (but not red) bumps.

Conclusion
Just no..I can't, I really wanted to like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by beachsexybronze

Excellent foundation! I've tried many! My skin is somewhat oily/combo, but as I am in my mid 30's this foundation is wonderful for so many different reasons.

1. It doesn't feel heavy at all.

2. Very blendable but very "wearable". It seemed to last on my for up to 14 hours without having to get too oily!

3. It looks like skin! It doesn't get cakey, turn color, etc.

4. It doesn't rub off too easily which is wonderful because even tho it doesn't state that it is a 24 lasting foundation (like Revlon Colorstay for ex), it still seems to last very long!

5. Does NOT cause me breakouts!!

6. Looks very natural and even tho I do not have any "fine lines" (yet), I do believe this is wonderful for those who do.

7. It has a pump!!

I hope they do not discontinue this foundation. I will continue to purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Mimaq

I love this foundation , it goes on super smooth and silky , it gives a slight hydrating feeling and looks amazing on the skin , I always set it with powder , not because it needs it but because I live in a country that has HOT climate , I get the tiniest transfer on humid days but it is not really worth mentioning. I love the coverage of this foundation, to me it seems like a light- medium coverage but definitely buildable.

What I don't like about this foundation is that it does not photographs as beautifully as I would expect it when flash is used. but it is definitely one of the most luxurious foundation out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by mka87

This. Is. WONDERFUL.

I've used MAC Studio Fix Fluid for YEARS, and my love for it still remains. Fact. But recently I've come to realise that there's a time and a place for MAC as it is quite an intense makeup and a little too heavy for a natural day time look, no matter how lightly you apply it. I was therefore on the hunt for something lighter as I don't generally have bad skin (a bit of hyperpigmentation on my left cheek and the occassional spot but otherwise relatively clear) and I wanted to start looking more dewy and fresh than matte on a daily basis. Save the matte effect for a special occassion (when I know photos will be taken), for example.

Cue: Lancome Photogenic...

When I was at a friends house, I noticed she used this. She's 35 with beautiful skin - not a wrinkle in sight. She swears by Lancome, and when I got home I thought, "you know? I'll give that a go". Well, thank goodness I did. This is magic. So natural and perfected, light weight but still provided a medium coverage. I only need one pump and my skin is good to go. My sister even asked if I was wearing foundation which for those beauty lovers out there, is a huge compliment. A slight negitive (but not one that would deter me from repurchasing): In flash photography, it does not photograph particularly well (despite it's name) as it's a dewy formula and this is obvious in the photographs. It doesn't look horrific by any stretch but if you want to look perfected in photos, dig out your matte foundation. My only true gripe with the product is the price tag. It's a little heafty to say the least! But once you find your shade you can buy it online when there's a 20% off offer or similar.

I still have a warm place for MAC SFF in my makeup bag (and heart) but now it's very much for special occassions and nights out when I want a more dramatic, flawless look. Day to day, I just want to look naturally perfected and this product does that job perfectly. Dewy, glowly wonderfulness. And thoroughly reccommended.

EDIT**

I've been using this for five months without changing anything else in my routine except foundation and the tool in which I apply it with. In that time my skin has gone from normal (if a little oily) to extremely dry. Given that I havent changed any other products, this leads me to believe that the foundation is the culprit which is SUCH a shame as it looks truly beautiful on the skin. I imagine it's the perfume in it that is causing problems, and as a result, I have taken one lippie off. If you are not sensitive to perfumed products, this is a truly gorgeous foundation. I'm going to have to go on a face detox for a while unfortunately.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Deniserebbert

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looks amazing when you first put it on but doesn't last more than 3 hours and starts to break down in my T-zone area which can have a tendency to get oily. The coverage inst the best either, moderate at best but when you first put it on it looks like full, weird. I guess me hunt will continue. Im trying the 24 hour Teint next. Heres hoping! If that doesn't work then I will be moving on to Dior. I tried Bare Essentials and it is TERRIBLE!!! Mac is good at worst but mid day leaves oily streaks down my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by sanb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best foundations I've ever tried. Everyone that keeps on talking about MUFE HD-foundation and how great it photographs should try this foundation.

If i know I'll be going somewhere and get my photo taken i always, ALWAYS, reach after this foundation. It just make the face look airbrushed, it is so effortless to put on and you need so little product to cover the face.

The only negative thing I have is the price. Of course i expect to pay a bit extra since it's a Lancome product, but if i where to use this every day it would be to expensive. But sometimes you get what you pay for and this is one of those times.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by maybellecowbell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is my HG foundation - I have bee using it for YEARS. It's light & feels amazing on the skin. Really hydrating on my dry patches but not too oily on my T zone. It's quite a sheer coverage but buildable. It's great for everyday wear, I sometimes like something a bit heavier for evening, it lasts really well.

Seriously this is one of the only foundation that works to smooth out red patches on my pale skin, doesn't settle in pores and leaves my dehydrated skin fresh looking all day. I have nightmares that Lancome will discontinue, I would not know what to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by danapop

I bought this foundaation about 6 months ago. I wanted a foundation that looked natural and in a colour light enough for my skin. I have used Teint Miracle for more than 2 years, but the lightest shade is a bit too dark for me in the winter/ autumn/ spring.
The coverage power of the foundation is very low. It is almost no difference between my face with foundation and my face without foundation. The lightest coulor is actually light enough for me (a big problem with the high end foundations for some reason).
On the positive side no irritation or breakouts, and it doesn't dry the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

This foundation feels light and leaves a satiny, hydrated finish that blurs fine lines.

I have an oily t-zone, but normal/dry cheeks and eye area with fine lines beginning. This foundation smooths over the fine lines like no other. Makes my skin look smooth and perfect ... Less fine lines, blurs and reduces crepey lines under eyes ..... just makes my skin look smooth and young (well, young-er!). Love it!

I use a mattifying primer (Neutrogena) underneath this foundation on my t-zone only. That helps absorb shine on my oily problem areas. The rest of my face i do not use primer on, just moisturize, then this foundation. I follow with a light dusting of loose powder.

This foundation NEVER oxidizes on me. It looks satiny and beautiful all day! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by laylajeanMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been purchasing this foundation for years and finally doing a review on it. I'm not sure why I even bother trying other foundations because I ALWAYS come back to this one. Nothing compares. I have dry skin but I hate overly dewy foundations because they tend to highlight my large pores and acne scars. This foundation isn't dewy, I'd say it has a more radiant and natural finish, almost satin? Not matte at all though so very oily skin types might not like this. I could see every other skin type loving this though.

Anyways I stopped using this for a while because I found the staying power wasn't too good, like it would fade after about 3-4 hours of wear. Then I realized I was using the wrong moisturizer for this particular foundation. This foundation is oil free but I was using a moisturizer that had a ton of oils in it, thus making the foundation slide around and oxidize on my face. (and i'm dry so that was wierd!) So I picked up cetaphil moisturizing cream to wear under it (oil free but still very good for dry skin) and it looked so much better and lasted way longer than it did before.

When paired up with the right products, this foundation is a god send. I've already been through about 8 bottles of this stuff and it is the only foundation I have ever consistently repurchased. It is pretty expensive, about 45 bucks but I can't find anything better for less money, so I will continue to purchase this. The shade range is amazing, I'm NC15 in MAC and always the palest shade in every foundation, So I get IVOIRE 1N in this range and it's lovely. Looks like skin without a hint of orange or yellow, very neutral shade.

My only gripe about this foundation (other than the high price) is that I feel like I have to use a lot of it to get good coverage. Like about 4 pumps for my whole face (i know, craazy) but I have a lot of discoloration and scarring to cover up. I usually use my beauty blender but I've found that if I just use my fingers I use less product and I get more of a fuller coverage. (beauty blenders tend to sheer out foundations). then after applying with fingers i lightly tap with beauty blender to get rid of streaks. This is very buildable but for those with very problematic skin you will find yourself needing to use a bit more product, but it is so worth it for the beautiful finish. I don't even need a powder with this stuff because it stays on and I feel like a powder might ruin the radiant finish this gives. Lancome, please NEVER discontinue this! It's a miracle product!