September 17, 2014 | 1781 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Gunmetal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite crease shades because Mushroom can pull a little warm on me. I'm a very cool NW15-20 Blonde with Green eyes for reference and I find this shade works so well with my skin tone. This is my go to crease shade because it looks great with practically any colour. I personally like it for purples and I like using the Naked 3 palette with this shade. It goes on very smooth,buttery, and is so pigmented it blends like a dream too. I barely need to touch my brush to pick up product. I have been in love with the Fergie primer and this shade blends so much better when I use that compared to UDPP. I know crazy but it just works well with UD shadows.

Gunmetal is very true to its name as well. It's a dark but deep silver within. It's very hard to describe, but such a unique shade I love it! If you're on the cool side and you like Mushroom try Gunmetal because with light eyes this is an amazing colour! This will also last you forever because seriously just touch your brush to it and you have plenty. I have to be careful because too much takes a lot of time to blend out. So a little goes a long way. To me it's worth the moola because it will last forever. Mine doesn't even look used and I've had this shade since X-mas. Urban Decay are my favorite shadows I can't deny it so I'm partial, but this is a great shade to have in your arsenal. So Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

This is a gorgeous color if you are looking to do a smokey eye. The name describes it well, gunmetal, at it has some pigmentation to it. Its a deep, dark grey color, not black and good to work in the crease to smoke out the eye. Urban decay is known for its cool casing and it comes in one. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is its an easy color to find now at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by persianpersuasion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wear this with MAC's Ricepaper e/s on my lid from the inner corner to the center of the lid, UD Gunmetal smoked out on the outer half, and UD Creep on my outer V. Sexy, bright, smokey eyes. Never fails.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by MonJes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this shade! it looks perfect on me for evening look. it makes my eyes look more dramatic without looking overdone. for smokey eye look i love pairing it with Creep, so dramatic. i never actually tried this kind of shade, i usually go with neutral brown or dark brown for day look, guess i just found my perfect evening shade :). i got this on my naked palette, would love to purchase this shade alone. the texture itself is probably a bit creamy, its very pigmented, intense. i do love the staying power! i use naked2 palette for day look, and seriously the colors stayed put, they sticked til the end of the day, and either does this one. i love UD eyeshadows, will def repurchase this (more colors ofc)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Gunmetal is the perfect name for this eye shadow. It's a dark charcoal grey with a blue undertone. Also has glitter in it that yeilds a little bit of fallout...not as bad as urban decay snatch or sidecar but still enough for me to notice. I would put the fallout rate up there with mac luster eye shadows. Mac knight divine has the same underlying undertone and is similar but lighter and without the glitter. Pistol is also similar but it has more of a taupe undertone instead of blue and is also lighter than gunmetal. I don't like to use gunmetal in the crease very often because of the fallout and dirty look on my eyes but it can look good smoked out all over the lid. Other people have liked this look on me but I personally don't like the blue undertones on my skin so I stick to pistol most of the time for a lid color and Knight Divine for crease and outer v shading. It is a nice color overall and until I find something similar I like more then I would repurchase. I don't use this much so it will probably last a really long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This colour is pretty full on- it's a dark (gunmetal I guess) grey/ silver with a slight bluish tone and silvery glitter (that tends to turn dark and translate more a *texture* than sparkle). This has Urban Decay's usual good pigmentation and staying powers, and not much fallout, despite the glitter. I'm not a huge fan of the colour of this e/s (it's a bit 'goth' on me, and not in a flattering way), my real issue is how often this shade is stuck in palettes. It's in all three UD palettes I own (Vegan, BOS 4 and Mariposa), plus it's in BOS2 and Naked, and I'm fairly sure it's in at least one or two others. I get that UD puts it there as your 'deepening' or lining colour, but not so fast... This isn't all that versatile- it's too metallic to subtly darken most looks, it's too blue to necessarily work with warmer colours, it has glitter and shimmer so it looks odd with mattes or satins, of you blend it out you get fallout, as a colour to wear on your eyelid this is pretty harsh and a bit to goth for everyday looks... I mean, it's not a bad colour, but I've got enough to last a life time and it's not a colour I think I'd wear a lot, and I wear pretty dramatic eye makeup. I just wish Urban Decay would put a slightly less metallic and glittery colour in all their palettes...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've probably gotten more compliments on my eye makeup when wearing this shadow than any other. This plus Sin makes for an easy smokey eye. I never, ever would have bought this on its own. It just looks too blue and glittery in the pan, but since it came in the Naked palette, I had an opportunity to experiment and I'm very happy I did. the pigmentation/color payof is good, it blends well, and the glitter is less obvious than In the pan. This has some interesting tones that elevate it above your average shimmery gray. One of my eyeshadow must-haves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Gunmetal is a dark cool-toned gray with dark silver glitter. It's not too frosty or shimmery--exactly the color you'd imagine when you think of te word "gunmetal". It's somewhat similar to MAC Knight Divine and Urban Decay S&M, but Knight Divine is a little darker and more glittery, and S&M is darker.
I absolutely love this eyeshadow for a traditional smokey eye--I can simply pair it with a matte gray, or even metallic silver, but if I want something really dark, I can just pair it with UD Oilslick or MAC Carbon. (: If I want a pop of color, I can pair it with a cool-toned purple, like MAC Purple Haze. Or, if I want a neutral look, I can wear it on the outer lid with MAC Satin Taupe all over the lids.
This is pretty much a versatile eyeshadow as it matches a wide variety of eyeshadows. You just have to look beyond the horizon of neutral and black smokey eyes lol.
I do believe that this shade is in many Urban Decay palettes: Naked, Mariposa, Feminine, Book of Shadows IV, and Vegan. It's also sold individually for $18 as a single, which is what I have.
The price is a little too expensive for me, so I won't be repurchasing (I doubt I'll finish it up anyway).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This is my HG eyeshadow for my blue eyes, it's a difficult color to describe because it's so unique and cannot be duped. I would say gunmetal is a dark grey with a cornflower blue shift. Be warned, it contains glitter! In my opinion, the glitter is very minimal compared with other U.D shadows and I don't notice much fallout. This shadow lasts all day (I use primer) and I also apply it with an eyeliner brush to my lower lash line for added definition, I can't get enough of this shade and I think it's especially flattering for blue eyes if you are going for a smokey/ sultry look.$18 is a lot to spend on eyeshadow, but this stuff lasts forever and it is so pigmented that a little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by PterodactylStyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a really great eyeshadow, it is very flattering on my NC25 Skin and it blends so well, the pigmentation is great and It's really pretty for a dramatic smokey eye or even for some colour in your lashline.