September 18, 2014 | 1361 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Acne Solutions Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by minmy13

At first, i was so excited to try this products as you all know it sounds so good for someone prone to breakouts but still want to cover some blemishes. It contains salycilic acid which is really a plus. It only came with 1 shade at the time i bought and costed 40 SGD. And the colour looked so terrible on my skin. My face looked cakey , flaky and unmatched colour.
I wont repurchase it for sure

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by MegC86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Its an okay product. For some reason when I use it with my foundation it will crack or just come off even when I use setting powder. For the price and the fact that its a Clinique product I really did expect more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another disapointing Clinique product. I loved the idea of an anti-acne concealer. It wasn't terrible at concealing, but only so-so. Better then most cheaper concealers, but definitly not the best in it's price range.It doesn't make your blemishes complete dispear like some other quality concealers would.
But here's the big problem: I ran out within TWO WEEKS! There is SO little product and you need a decent amount to get okay coverage, it's ridiculous, how can anyone who has actual acne even use this? I don't have that many pimples either. I've used other concealers that have lasted me months if not years with regular, everyday use, and offer much better coverage. And it did nothing to heal blemishes either.Total waste of money, never again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have owned this on 2 separate occasions and both times I've used it 'til it finished. It claims to cover spots and heal them at the same time but I can't really say I noticed quicker healing when I used this on spots. I also think the coverage was to sheer. I really need something like Mac pro longwear concealer to really conceal my spots.

All in all I think this isn't as good as other concealers out there. It lacks full coverage (something I had expected since this is a part of their anti-blemish range), staying power was disappointing (2 hrs or so) and I run out of it quickly. Only good thing was that I found a perfect shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by xnobzx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the green corrective concealer and it works wonders when used correctly with a standard eyeliner brush. If I just applied this to the zit it would look horrible, that's probably why this product has such negative reviews on here. Its the operator not the product. Dispense the product on a plate/mixing palate/drink coaster and use the eyeliner brush to pick up a very SMALL amount of product. Literally a just the very tip of the brush should have concealer on it! Apply it only to the red areas around the base of the zit and not the entire zit. Then slightly smudge it in with the eyeliner brush again(this time clean) and let the product dry before applying your regular concealer over it. I like to use the MAC studio finish over it. This is the best way to use any green corrective concealer and this product works wonders for its intended purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like this. I follow the directions exactly and let the warmth from my fingers blend this, dot on your blemish & its covered perfectly. not cakiness whatsoever. the color selction is a little tricky but im surprised color 2 works great for me. a little goes a long way & im glad it has acne medicine. if you have occasional acne this is perfect. If you have severe acne the i wouldnt recommend this because if you apply it to a large area then you can tell.

ALSO! do not use with acne solutions foundation or else it looks uneven and cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Married2drreid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this thinking it would work, because everyone had been telling me Clinique was the best so I figured I'd give it a try. I absolutely hated it. The product was sticky, it didn't blend well, it smeared and didn't rub into other makeup and overall was just a terrible product. You would have better luck with a drugstore concealer. Don't buy this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by mycatsagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Overall, I wasn't impressed with this product... or anything from Clinique Acne Solutions.

I don't have severe acne at all, but I get break outs at my TOTM and also will have tiny white heads sometimes.

Where to start... First of all, I don't think that this concealer did ANYTHING for healing pimples. Literally, nothing.

Secondly, the formula isn't nice at all. It feels drying and since it's in stick form, you really have to rub it quite hard to apply it, which is definitely not good for a pimple, especially one that you've picked at (terrible habit of mine). I found it to be very irritating with it's solid formula.

Thirdly, I didn't think the colour range was great. I wear Clinique Perfectly Real foundation which I think is fantastic, but all of these concealers seemed too yellow for my pink undertones! Maybe it was like this to cancel out redness of pimples, but if that were the case, you'd think it would be green? Definitely not enough choice in shades!

I wouldn't recommend this concealer. I believe there is a liquid Acne Solutions concealer. I would recommend that over this any day, but still, there are better products on the market than these. Much better

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay product. I dont get how this can be called a concealer when the product itself can be compared to their foundation line which I also have. I mean, sure, it covers a zit, but not those red ones. The coverage is just somewhat moderate and I'm sure this can cover scars a little better than the foundation can, BUT not newly formed zits which are a hassle. Even L'oreal's concealers are better quality. I only bought his because it did not break me out like L'oreals did. Will be returning for the advanced concealer and see how that works out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ShayamliMehrotra

This is an okay concealer; if you want to go for the natural look I suggest you get it because it tones down the appearance of acne. I don't suggest getting this if you have acne; if you have acne scars this will tone down their appearance. Use this after your liquid foundation or before your powder foundation; blend well- do not use any non fluffy brush on your face after you apply this because it will wear off. You will need to touch up your skin during the day; so don't plan on this lasting for hours.