September 30, 2014 | 1787 users online

Cleansers - Garden of Wisdom - Jen's Green Tea/Shea Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love it. I liked the smell. It cleaned nicely, though the green coloring was slightly off putting. What I hated the most was that it triggered my rosacea big time. My face stayed red for hours after use, and it kind of felt like I was running a fever it made my rosacea so bad. After my face got over the redness, it did feel clean though. I use it to clean my neck now and I'm careful not to get it on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Review for the gentle version-
My skin is sensitive to drugstore products these days. Either it makes my skin look red or dull. So I've been looking for another cleanser.

This leaves your face squeaky clean while, at the same time, makes you feel good you are using natural ingredients on your face. Nice deep cleaning cleanser that just works and doesn't leave your skin irritated.
Less than a pea size amount is needed to lather up big time. I feel like its made my skin glow a bit too.

Good for: ppl who like natural ingredients that want to feel like their skin is clean. Sensitve types that want deep cleaning.

Not for: ppl who are expecting some sort of miracle. Maybe theres a little of that though... I did think it made my skin sort of glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by BCoffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this cleanser, it is exactly what my skin needs after I remove my makeup with jojoba oil. It cleanses well, isn't drying and helps with my hormonal acne. Love GoW products!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by beatgirl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

it's very gentle on my sensitive acne prone skin.
i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by JadelynKaia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have absurdly oily skin, mildly acne-prone, and sensitive as well. I've been on a quest for years to find some combination of products that would help me get it under control. Well, I've found it! And this cleanser is the star. I use the gentle version morning and night, with GoW's sebum control serum, anti-blemish gel if necessary, a light spritz of raspberry fruit mist, and their coconut magic cream moisturizer.

This cleanser is effective enough to clear away my usual oily excess (and my makeup, and the ten tons of blotting powder I have to use throughout the day), but extremely mild and neutral enough to not irritate my skin or cause breakouts. It's an absolute HG for me!

On the downside, the smell is...pretty terrible, to me. But I feel it's worth it for the performance I get out of the cleanser. The price, too, is a bit steep for its size, but well worth it, especially as you barely need a pea-sized amount each wash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

I am test driving a bunch of gentle cleansers to replace my Cetaphil as my morning cleanser. I purchased 2 sample packs from GoW and got this one (gentle version) as 1 of my 6. I have not used to remove make-up so won't be speaking to that.

I have combo skin (at age....ahem...mid 40s) w/ slightly drier cheeks, slightly oiler t-zone and subtype I (blushing) rosacea on cheeks, nose and chin. I don't get much in the way of breakouts except for TTOTM or reacting to a product.

Love the gentleness, the green kind jello-y substance, doesn't leave my face feeling dry/stripped; no skin aggravations at all. I don't care for the scent - its like a very mild rancid grass, but I if I don't find any other of GoW cleansers I like, then I will re-purchase.

I find these to be somewhat expensive (not the sample packs obviously) but in looking a the full size versions - wow! However, it takes such a tiny tiny amount, I'm thinking perhaps I would be able to use product enough times to justify the expense so that will probably end up not being a deterrent for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ndnchick03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using Jen's Green Tea Shea Cleanser (Original) for a month and a half, morning and night, just finished my first 0.5 oz bottle. I love the cleanser, it doesn't lather up greatly but just enough, and it removes makeup and dirt just fine. And a small pea size amount is just enough to wash my entire face. Will repurchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 5:26:00 AM More reviews by xlitlbitx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just started using this product a couple weeks ago and so far I really like it. My face feels soft and smooth not tight like other cleansers I have used in the past and it works great at getting all my make up off.
I have already ordered another bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome cleanser! Extremely gentle, doesn't burn, sting, make my skin itchy, dry or greasy and it removes all traces of makeup. Does it do anything, like treat pimples or make me look younger? No, but I have other products for that purpose. I just wanted something that would cleanse my skin without upsetting it further and this fits the bill perfectly. It took some getting used to, though. At first I was using way too much and it left my skin feeling sticky. Plus, it smells...weird. But after using it for a week or so I got used to it, and I noticed that my skin was less irritated because I was using a more gentle cleanser. ( I purchased the gentle version because I have rosacea) This is a rebuy for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by philosophin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use the "gentler" version of this product. If you are looking for a cleanser that will remove your mineral makeup, this is it! If I were ranking cleansers by what removes makeup the best, this would be #1 BY FAR. In spite of having rosacea it doesn't seem to irritate or dry my skin. I think my skin responds well to products with tea in them b/c of their anti-irritation properties. I'm loving it so far! I'm probably going to only use it when I need to remove makeup though, as I think Castor/Castille Cleanser is more hydrating and perhaps gentler.