September 1, 2014 | 1571 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by cecekath00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS PRODUCT RUINED THE 7TH GRADE FOR ME. NEVER BUY THIS. EVER. ITS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I knew better back then!!!! But this was the first foundation i've ever used.

Oh, and excuse any curses. I censored them.

NEGATIVES
--- I have acne prone skin, and this piece of **** made me breakout so much nothing could help it. After 1 application you'll need Proactiv.

---The brush is bacteria paradise. Especially if you lose the cap.

---The liquid gets clogged.

---The brush is rough, and the foundation gets all over it after 3 uses. So you get to apply bacteria and hardened makeup onto your face. Yay.

---EXTREMELY OILY AND GREASY.

---MAJOR streaking.

---If you buy a shade or two darker, no wiping it off or water or anything will fix it. Believe me I know.

---H*** to put on.

---Shades don't match well.
[Buff is cakey, terrible for pale skin, and orange undertoned. If you went into a light orange room I bet that you're face will be the only orange thing standing out.]

---Whoever made this has terrible karma.

POSITIVES
None. At all. Whatsoever.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by newkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not sure why everyone dislikes this so much, but then again I’m a bit of a foundation novice. For years I avoided foundation because I didn’t understand why I’d want to cover up my youthful glow. Also, most foundations either looked like I was wearing a mask or made me greasy with breakouts. Now that I’m a little older I’m starting to try out foundations and this one works well for me. I agree that the “twist to dispense” method is a complete pain because it’s too hard to get the right amount, but other than that I love it. A little bit goes on sheer while a lot offers total coverage. It never looks oily, lasts all day, doesn’t make me break out and it always looks pretty natural. As for the brush, it’s not amazing but it works because it allows it to go on lightly. I think the key is to use the brush exactly as directed since it dries quickly…fingers won’t work for this and if you try applying that way it will look to heavy and cakey.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, here's the deal. You don't have to use the brush if you don't like the brush. It's really just that simple. I agree, the brush is completely and totally useless...so what I did was grasp the brush with one hand and gently but firmly push at an angle. Don't pull straight up or you'll just be wasting your time...it's more like you're snapping a stick in half. If you do it right, the brush will just snap right off. Now, what you're left with is a plastic insert with a twisty thing in the middle. The twisty thing comes up as you twist, thereby forcing foundation up through the tube and out the brush...at least, that's what is supposed to happen in theory. In reality, the brush sucks and, more often than not, is defective (like mine was). But now, what you can do is pull out the tube and apply using your finger or a makeup wedge or even the brush if you're dead set on using it, as long as you are holding it in your hand and it is NOT attached to the tube.

I found that this foundation dries VERY quickly after you apply it to your face, so speed is key. Once it dries, it is dry and it is not going anywhere. Once I had it applied and powdered down, I loved the way it made my face look. I used Natural Ivory and the pinkish tone really suited my skin. (If you have yellowish undertones, try Classic Ivory.) My face looked almost airbrushed. The finish was smooth as silk and my face felt nice and soft, not greasy and icky.

But...after a few hours, this started to break down. It ended up caking very badly on my face and, for lack of a better description, it began to separate on my skin. Kinda like milk does when it goes bad. I used the Monistat chafing gel as a primer but that didn't help a bit. I used my NYC loose powder but that didn't help. I used Neutrogena's Healthy Skin powder but that didn't help either. My skin became greasy and slimy and this stuff broke down under pressure.

It's too bad, because I really wanted to like this. I tried everything to make it work, but nothing did. If it would stay looking like it did when I first applied, then I'd be thrilled and never stray. But I can't have cakey, separated makeup on my face. If they could make it stay looking like it does the first hour or so on my face, then I'd be sold.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by VivienneC

I hate this product with a passion. From th brush applicator to the product itself. It's just sitting there on my shelf. I suspect that it is clogging my pores and making me break-out under my cheeks and forehead. =( For $14.49. I could have definately gotten something ALOT better.

Brush: It is sooooo rough. I agree with some of the other people who commented. It's such a waste of time, effort to use that. It's better off to use another brush to blend or better yet, you're fingers if you must. I can't emphasize how bad it is. If you tear off the "peel here" on the package, even the disclaimer says "Dot brush on the forehead and cheeks..... use finger or sponge if neccessary." It's definately neccessary.

Dispenser: You have to twist and wait for the product to come out and it gets clogged up frequently.

Color: Buff ( The color leaves a cakey streak and it takes forever to smooth out and feels quite heavy and greasy)

I happen to like the the "Healthy Skin-Liquid Makeup with 20 SPF", but this was really disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by tituch123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this hoping for easy foundation application. But the packaging is horrible and even if you're being careful, the product comes out in large quantities. The brush is useless and the foundation itself gave me an allergic reaction (I do not have sensitive skin). Ended up returning it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by jenni1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this foundation. It's finish is really dry and chalky. The packaging i horrible and reaaaaly annoying. The foundation is also very oily. I will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by MiamiMortimer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so surprised to see the negative reviews about this product! I absolutely loved it!

The product itself is a dream, it is perfect for my fair skin and it really combats the slight redness I am prone to having in my cheeks. It could be described as chalky, I suppose, but it matches my skintone perfectly and it has a slight opacity that I appreciate for concealing blochiness!

It's really light coverage foundation almost on par with many tinted moisturisers-just as light and easy to blend. It has a dewy look and requires a little powder on the T-zone.

It does have one con, however-the packaging drove me mad! The brush applicator has to be continually washed because it gets clogged up and messy, and I've never used it for application because by the time the product reaches the tip there's too much of it for one face!

If applied with a) fingers or b) another brush, however, it's just perfection. I highly recommend it.

P.S. For those with pale skin-it doesn't turn orange. Hallelujah!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by JacksonAbigailJacobsMom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading reviews on another site. The whole thing broke when I tried to use it, immediately. I had to take the entire pump off, and dip the brush, then it dried out my face horribly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My dermatologist once asked me to try this product. I found the coverage to be light. I liked the way product was dispensed, but the finish was not good. Within hours, it settled into every crevice on my face. My skin looked like crackle glass.

Don't use if you have any dry spots or flakies!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually kind of like this product.It doesn't have very good coverage so if you've got bad acne or any scars this probably wont do much for you.This kind of covers my blemishes up but some days I will need a little bit of help from my concealer.This doesn't do much for under-eye dark circles though.I definitely have to use extra concealer there.I don't like how its packaged AT ALL! I thought it would be convenient but its definitely not.You have to use something else to blend it.The brush stays pretty dirty so it probably will make some people break out.You cant clean the brush either because it will get in the makeup.I probably wont buy this again after I use the rest of the tube up,but you never know.