Sally Hansen Just for Feet Deep Callus Remover (blue gel)

2.8

on 3/16/2013 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Okay, this review may sound strange BUT... I've had this product for quite some time and was recently mulling it over. What I was thinking about was that if it has a high concentration of salicylic acid, then why not use it on my FACE as a peel? Well.... let me tell you, after I put this stuff on my face for a while and rinsed it off, my skin instantly looked better, like I just had an expensive acid peel at the spa. Please note that I do not recommend this for everyone, but it definitely worked for me on my FACE and I am going to continue to use it as a peel. I'm SO excited about this because I can't afford fancy peels. This stuff is perfect for a nice peel for your FACE. Try it and you'll see!

on 4/10/2011 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I do not have "heavy callouses" but like everyone else they get and look dry after wearing sandals and just over time. the products works great for me using this routine: I soaked my feet first like in the salon and towel dry. Then I squeezed this stuff on my callouses and cuticles. I wrapped them in saran wrap and let is sit for about 10 mins. . . . . WAY longer than the packaging says. Then I exfoliate my feet/cuticles using a pumise stone and nail brush. Follow with a quality moiturizer and VOILA!!! SALON PERFECT FEET!! Plus, the softness lasts so much longer than a salon job. The Active Ingredient is just a high concentration of salicylic acid . . .so if I can use SA on my face, my feet can definately handle it . . . .

on 9/12/2010 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I agree with the previous reviewer- this product did NOTHING for me- you're better off with a PedEgg. This product is a complete waster of money!.

on 9/12/2010 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Do not waste your money on this product. It does not work. I followed the directions and noticed no change in my heels. Another time I applied the product then used a foot file/pumice stone on my heels. The results were the same as when I use a foot file and no product. I tried this product quite a few time (I have about a 1/4 of the bottle left) and notice the same thing each time. So save your money and just use a foot file/pumice stone.

on 7/3/2010 6:27:00 PM

I actually like this product, but I used it like the nail salon places do - I soaked my feet, rubbed some gel on - and after a minute I took my tweezerman callus stone and rubbed my feet with the gel on it. After I washed it off I dried my feet and slathered it on foot balm. Presto - soft callus free feet.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I just used this product. I have pretty thick calluses on the soles of my feet from walking in cheap shoes in NYC. When one started cracking I decided to do something about it. I got this at K-Mart; they had a limited selection of callus removers, and I didn't want to get a shaver because I might shave off too much, so I got this. Needless to say, if I can return it, I will.

The instructions say "Apply to moist feet and rub gently using a circular motion. Rinse and pat dry." I thought it implied your feet should be dry, so I did this first. As one reviewer mentioned, it warns not to leave it on for more than a minute and recommends a small amount. The gel is a clearish-blue liquidy gel that looks like Elmer's glue gel. I might as well have rubbed the glue on my feet for all it did me. I tried using a small amount, left it on for one minute, and absolutely NO change. So I tried a larger amount--no change. Then I tried leaving in on longer. Then I soaked my feet prior to using it--nothing. So basically, Sally Hansen has produced a completely useless product.

I am bewildered as to how the reviewer below me got a good result . . . maybe 1 in 10 actually removes calluses?

On a good note, this is relatively cheap. On a bad note, it is a total waste of money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had basically the exact opposite experience of the reviewer below me. I really linked this. I thought it worked well, was reasonable priced and have recommended it to others who have liked it. The only downside, if you can really call it a downside is it leaves your soles a tiny but dry but umm...its removing evil calloused skin so I can deal with that and hey, I always slather on a foot cream du jour after I use this anyway.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for the callus remover liquid in a bottle, not the foot scrub that others have reviewed. According to the package, this stuff will miraculously dissolve enormous calluses in seconds flat. It even has impressive-sounding warnings about rinsing it off thoroughly after 1 minute before it eats through your hands and feet.

Uh... not sure where the danger is here. I tried this stuff twice, each time following the directions: apply just enough to coat the callus, rub for 60 seconds, and rinse thoroughly. I can't say I noticed any difference-- even when I chanced fate and left it on longer. I have moderate calluses on both heels, and what I ended up doing was using an abrasive foot paddle after rinsing off the callus remover. That worked great, but not any better than simply using the paddle alone. What's more, the potassium hydroxide (active ingredient) in this gel actually dries out the skin, making calluses appear more flaky and rough than before!

Save your money.