August 23, 2014 | 1018 users online

Crème - Sante - Cream Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my quest to trade in my beloved Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundation for something more natural, I came across this company. I ordered samples of their cream foundation in Porcelain 01. Unfortunately, this shade was a bit too dark/pink for my very fair yellow toned skin. It didn't make me excessively greasy (like most of the other natural foundation I'd tried), but it also didn't provide that great of coverage. It gave sheer to medium coverage, and I was hoping for a more medium to full coverage. I have a lot of acne/acne scars that were still visible after application. :( This foundation did not break out my acne-prone skin.
I do think this is a nice foundation, but it would work better for those who desire a lighter coverage. Definitely purchase a sample first-- I was SO grateful holisticbeauty.net carried samples of this foundation! :)
***After trying countless natural/organic foundations, I have FINALLY concluded that Gabriel Cosmetics works the best for me. The combination of their Liquid Foundation and Dual Powder gives wonderful coverage without causing greasiness or breakouts!*** :)

EDIT: 10/10/12: After trying Kat Von D's new Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, I am in love!!!! PHENOMENAL coverage without oxidation/greasiness. See my review on this for more details, if you're interested. Not super natural, but at least the formulation is without parabens, mineral oil, fragrance, etc. :)
Hope this review helps!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been testing organic and vegan cosmetic brands lately to find replacements for my usual staples (ever since I discovered www.cosmeticsdatabase.com and found out that basically ALL of my makeup contains chemicals linked to cancer!). Sooo, of the foundations I've tried, this is the best I've found so far, even better than Nvey Eco (which is almost 4 times as much!). It's a cream foundation in a squeeze tube and it isn't greasy AT ALL. It's actually very matte and wears well throughout the day without irritating my skin. I even wore it outside when doing yard work today (and sweating like crazy) and it still looked pretty good at the end of the day! It's light to medium coverage, so I did have to use a seperate concealer on problem areas, but I do that with EVERY foundation. The best thing about this is it DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT!!

The shade "Porcellain (that's how they spell it) is light and neutral, but unfortunately not neutral or opaque enough to hide the redness on my face. It actually makes me look a little "rosy". I wish they made a light color with a yellow undertone. That's the only way I would repurchase. You can get samples of these at http://www.holisticbeauty.net (they ship FAST!)

INGREDIENTS: Water, Glycine soja (Soybean Oil), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Glycerin, Olea europaea (Olive Oil), Cera alba (Beeswax), Fragrance (Essential Oils), Chamomilla recutita (Chamomile Extract), Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citral, Citronellol, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No