October 25, 2014 | 1123 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Magnifique EDP

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To my nose Magnifique is "tangy rose and spiced ashes"; an interesting mix of darkness and light, sweetness and dirt.

In fact, I see it as a gothic-lolita scent because of the contrasting elements in it. I'm not a fan of rose fragrances in general, so it was really the uniqueness and the gutsiness of the smoky saffron-caraway-nargamota combo that hooked me in.

It seems to work in both cool and warm weather, and is quite linear. You move from spicy tart florals in the first half hour to spicy smoky woods quite quickly, and then it stays like that until it fades. Sadly, lasting power is sub-par considering the retail price and the EDP concentration. Re-application is probably necessary about 5 hours in.

Personally, I feel the cheesy pseudo-romantic ad did nothing for it though I love Anne Hathaway. It was anything but unique and gutsy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

My aunt gave this to me. While i liked her gesture the parfum is not to my liking. Its too spicy /musky/woody for me. Smells more like a guys EDT. Feels like its for more for men. Isnt long lasting but the scent lingers on my clothes for some reason. I dun feel feminine wearing this. Feel like giving this away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not horrible, but it's too spicy and smells like an old lady trying to be edgy. The bright side is it fades fast.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by stls

I'm not surprised this one is discontinued. All I got was synthetic saffron and roses. Good in theory but it didn't work. You want saffron and roses? Get Angent Provocateur in the plain pink porcelain bottle. Same idea, much more sensual and sophisticated take.
Unfortunately saffron is not my thing so I wouldn't wear either but the difference in quality is obvious.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Tried to like it, tested it twice : it is so boring that I will not make any further attempts. I think I would have rated it higher if I had hated it: at least it would evoke some kind of emotion! - but this one is just BLAH. This is what happens when one tries to create a "commercial success": "boring generic" doesn't equal "liked by the majority"! It smells like everything and nothing, as if Lancome have mixed all their perfumes in 1 bottle thinking something good would come out of it. Even children's perfumes can be more interesting.I cannot draw any similarities between this and Poison, which I own and love for such a complicated bouquet that never stops opening new notes through hours of wear! This one, on the contrary, is surprisingly flat and undeveloping, it is definitely for those who want to blend with the crowd and don't want any attention, or the lucky ones, whose skin chemistry ups this perfume to something better and more distinct - I don't rule it out that maybe it's just me not cooperating. On me it sounds like pure mediocrity. The opening is even more blah than the drydown: alcohol + sugar + raspberries: alas, magnifique it is not.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by tinka10

This is one of my favourite perfumes. I receive a lot of nice comments about it from guys and almost all of my friends have asked me about it at one point or another. I seem to be ignoring my other perfumes because I'm on my third bottle of this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by barbraella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i got this for half price when i purchase a fragrance for my boyfriend for his birthday and i really like this,it is a warm spicy scent which i dont usually wear but there is this lovely floral sweetness to it that makes so feminine and lovely it really is a great pefume to wear if you wanna feel sexy and girly,i think that this along with tresor is the best lancome fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Sorrysoselfish

I am 25 and was looking for a scent that said more, "Angelina" then, "Britany".... This is it!

I feel sexy and adult wearing this, it lasts ALL day and is sweet enough to intrigue other. I am constantly being told how great I smell by my male and female friends.

It doesn't smell cheap, or "powdery" like some other scents. It is deep and earthy and I LOVE it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

My sister gave this to me because. My nephew won't "allow" her to wear it lol. Pretty Discerning kid! My first thought upon trying it was it reminded me of someone or something. But then it dawned on me that it smelled like everyone and everything in 1988 when every other person I knew wore Poison by Dior. To me it smells enough like that to pass as a dupe. Its less potent but very n very intense on me anyway. I like the sweetness of it but the same things that made. Me dislike Poison, are present here as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by beccaFTW

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I see a lot of negative reviews for this perfume, & I have to say I totally disagree. I LOVE this perfume. It's definitely my favorite. Maybe it's just the way it interacts with my natural scent that makes it smell awesome, but I'm totally in love with it. I've purchased it before & recently bought more when I ran out of it.

If you like light floral scents that aren't too heavy, you might like this.