Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer (All Shades)

3.9

Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ozokerite, Octyldodecanol, Beeswax, Talc, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-):Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm still a little undecided about this product. It's very nice and creamy, making it easy to blend. However, I just don't feel like this offers the coverage I need for my under eye circles, which are not even that bad! It's a nice concealer if my circles aren't bad that day. The packaging is nice and easy to carry around for touch ups. It does settle into my under eye creases though no matter how much setting powder and primer I use, which is disappointing. Not sure if I'll repurchase, but I will use up the tube.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13. True Summer coloring.

I purchased this on a whim at Sephora. I was trying on random face products, and was shocked to see that Vanilla seemed to be a match for my skin tone, which is hard to find.

It blended it very well and layered well, I used my fingers. I applied to my under eyes and acne scarring, and it layered well with both. I would say it covered 80% of my under eye circles and scars.

I have only worn once, and will updated this review after more wears.

UPDATE: I changed to 3 stars and would not repurchase. Note: application of this product looks better when dabbing and blending with fingers, might have to do with the wax warming up in the hands, because this looks very dry and patchy when using a brush. I am less convinced this is a great color match, because it tends to oxidize on me, and looks oranger/darker later on in the day. Also, the coverage fades after a few hours. I especially noticed this, because when I reapplied due to faded coverage, the newly applied is lighter than the worn product.

So meh, nothing special after all.

on 9/22/2014 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to cover acne and scarring. My skin type is combo (very oily tzone with big pores and very dry cheeks). Overall great concealer for people with patches of acne. I use a light mineral foundation and this product to spot conceal.

It works very well with redness or active acne. Does not look good when applied to drier scabby acne (but nothing does...). I agree with other reviewers that the texture is dry overall, so be careful of applying it on dry thin skin. Doesn't do great over big pores, doesn't magnify them but also doesn't fill them in. The coverage is very good. I do need to do two layers on darker scars. The thick texture really helps it stick to skin though.

I like the color range because I'm Asian and it's VERY yellow, I could do with more yellow undertones too! I use color Tan. I should also mention, this concealer has a waxy smell that lingers.

As for price, it's ridiculous. I paid $32 at Sephora and this makes me reconsider purchasing again.. however since this is the best spot concealer I have found (so far) and it agrees with my sensitive skin. I will probably repurchase

on 8/23/2014 4:23:00 AM

I find this to be too thick for the eye area but pretty good everywhere else. Its very creamy but i just don't find it to be as fine in texture as CdP. Their color range is pretty good but it just looks cakey and emphasises fine lines. By the end of the day its in the lines and not much is left. I think a primer helps a little but ultimately this is not for me. I still prefer CdP and for liquid concealers I like the Dior Sculpt the best. Both of these are finer in texture and stay for the day. As for face concealing, I have yet to find something better than Revlon Photoready concealer, which wears like lead on my combo skin, not for the eye area though since its way too drying. I think drier skins may prefer this concealer and someone that has virtually no lines. This also has a really short shelf life, it started to smelly waxy after about 6 months.

on 8/22/2014 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

It came time to hunt down a new under eye concealer; I have luggage LV would envy. I rarely if ever break out, so all I need is something to alleviate the circles and puffiness. Well, cover them at least.
I have used Cle de Peau, and a stick will last me 2 years. Unfortunately the last one I bought was 2 years ago. I don't have that kind of $ to replace it, so I tried the Hourglass in the store.
Texture is creamy, blends well, has a bit of a glow and the coverage is decent. I am NC20-25 and went with Natural; unfortunately not a number of shades to choose from. I don't find it drying, but I also use a bit of eye cream under the eye area. If you prefer stick type concealers this is a decent option, and 1/2 the price of CDP.

on 3/23/2014 12:29:00 PM

This concealer is very nice, and does a good job of covering the occasional red spot or blemish.

I had bought this for my under eye area, and wanted to love it, but it was not a good match for me. It creases and dries out like crazy under my eyes. The lightest shade looked peachy and strangely dark in my under eye area, probably because my circles are purple/ blue and very difficult to cover.

I used this with mally beauty under eye primer, and tried it with smashbox under eye primer, but neither one of these could help this product not to settle in and crease, and did not stop it from really drying the under eye area.

on 3/9/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love the packaging and the coverage of this concealer. However it is too thick and too heavy for me. Also, the lightest colour is too dark for me. When I first put it on it looks okay and I can work with it. However after a couple hours it turns darker and I look worse than before.

I'd say if you are interested in this concealer, get a sample first!

Coverage: Full
Texture: Thick
Crease: No
Drying: Yes

on 3/5/2014 2:49:00 PM

I'm the type of person who just does not feel comfortable wearing a full face of foundation. I think the only time I ever did was on my Wedding Day. Granted, I just might not have ever found the right product for me, but I typically apply concealer where I need it and leave the rest of my face bare, or dust with a loose powder to set the concealer.

I most typically wear liquid concealers, as I find solid ones to be too drying or cakey. I've used many different brands, but usually wound up with MAC's Moisturecover in NW20.

Recently, i was looking for something a little lighter as my skin has gotten paler this winter than it usually does. I wound up at Sephora and on a whim tried the Hidden Corrective Concealer. I originally tried it in "Fair," but felt it was a tad too light for me, so I tried it in "Pearl" and it was a perfect match for me. I applied it not only under my eyes, but also on a could of blemishes I had on my chin and forehead and the coverage was surprisingly wonderful. It looks like a matte satin finish on my skin and you can't really tell I'm wearing anything, which is exactly what I seek in a concealer. I don't find it cakey at all or drying and it doesn't settle into any of my fine lines. For reference, I have combo skin - oily t-zone and dry elsewhere.

on 1/31/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I just could not make the color(s) work for me, the 2 lightest colors. They just did not blend in with my skin tone, and it looked very unnatural. Have had this issue with most of the Hourglass / Foundations, either very yellow or very pink. The texture was nice, but it did dry to a powder finish, again giving me wrinkles under my eyes.

Threw away after using less than half.

There are many better concealers on the market. With Hourglass you pay a bit more for nice packaging. Not so sure it is a HE product as much as a HE packaging.

If you can get a perfect match to your skin - well then perhaps it will work; doubt any will perfectly match your skin, and it dries to a powder

on 1/31/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this concealer, which was recommended by the S/A at Sephora. She applied it under my eyes and it looked under the bad lighting at Sephora. When I got home, I realized the concealer was way too pink for my and it dried my undereyes out. It is creamy and easy to blend but buy it only if you don't have dry skin.