October 23, 2014 | 1980 users online

Concealers - Hourglass - Hidden Corrective Concealer (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

I use this to cover acne and scarring. My skin type is combo (very oily tzone with big pores and very dry cheeks). Overall great concealer for people with patches of acne. I use a light mineral foundation and this product to spot conceal.

It works very well with redness or active acne. Does not look good when applied to drier scabby acne (but nothing does...). I agree with other reviewers that the texture is dry overall, so be careful of applying it on dry thin skin. Doesn't do great over big pores, doesn't magnify them but also doesn't fill them in. The coverage is very good. I do need to do two layers on darker scars. The thick texture really helps it stick to skin though.

I like the color range because I'm Asian and it's VERY yellow, I could do with more yellow undertones too! I use color Tan. I should also mention, this concealer has a waxy smell that lingers.

As for price, it's ridiculous. I paid $32 at Sephora and this makes me reconsider purchasing again.. however since this is the best spot concealer I have found (so far) and it agrees with my sensitive skin. I will probably repurchase

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

I find this to be too thick for the eye area but pretty good everywhere else. Its very creamy but i just don't find it to be as fine in texture as CdP. Their color range is pretty good but it just looks cakey and emphasises fine lines. By the end of the day its in the lines and not much is left. I think a primer helps a little but ultimately this is not for me. I still prefer CdP and for liquid concealers I like the Dior Sculpt the best. Both of these are finer in texture and stay for the day. As for face concealing, I have yet to find something better than Revlon Photoready concealer, which wears like lead on my combo skin, not for the eye area though since its way too drying. I think drier skins may prefer this concealer and someone that has virtually no lines. This also has a really short shelf life, it started to smelly waxy after about 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

It came time to hunt down a new under eye concealer; I have luggage LV would envy. I rarely if ever break out, so all I need is something to alleviate the circles and puffiness. Well, cover them at least.
I have used Cle de Peau, and a stick will last me 2 years. Unfortunately the last one I bought was 2 years ago. I don't have that kind of $ to replace it, so I tried the Hourglass in the store.
Texture is creamy, blends well, has a bit of a glow and the coverage is decent. I am NC20-25 and went with Natural; unfortunately not a number of shades to choose from. I don't find it drying, but I also use a bit of eye cream under the eye area. If you prefer stick type concealers this is a decent option, and 1/2 the price of CDP.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by comet1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is very nice, and does a good job of covering the occasional red spot or blemish.

I had bought this for my under eye area, and wanted to love it, but it was not a good match for me. It creases and dries out like crazy under my eyes. The lightest shade looked peachy and strangely dark in my under eye area, probably because my circles are purple/ blue and very difficult to cover.

I used this with mally beauty under eye primer, and tried it with smashbox under eye primer, but neither one of these could help this product not to settle in and crease, and did not stop it from really drying the under eye area.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by LivingItUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging and the coverage of this concealer. However it is too thick and too heavy for me. Also, the lightest colour is too dark for me. When I first put it on it looks okay and I can work with it. However after a couple hours it turns darker and I look worse than before.

I'd say if you are interested in this concealer, get a sample first!

Coverage: Full
Texture: Thick
Crease: No
Drying: Yes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by CSteen85

I'm the type of person who just does not feel comfortable wearing a full face of foundation. I think the only time I ever did was on my Wedding Day. Granted, I just might not have ever found the right product for me, but I typically apply concealer where I need it and leave the rest of my face bare, or dust with a loose powder to set the concealer.

I most typically wear liquid concealers, as I find solid ones to be too drying or cakey. I've used many different brands, but usually wound up with MAC's Moisturecover in NW20.

Recently, i was looking for something a little lighter as my skin has gotten paler this winter than it usually does. I wound up at Sephora and on a whim tried the Hidden Corrective Concealer. I originally tried it in "Fair," but felt it was a tad too light for me, so I tried it in "Pearl" and it was a perfect match for me. I applied it not only under my eyes, but also on a could of blemishes I had on my chin and forehead and the coverage was surprisingly wonderful. It looks like a matte satin finish on my skin and you can't really tell I'm wearing anything, which is exactly what I seek in a concealer. I don't find it cakey at all or drying and it doesn't settle into any of my fine lines. For reference, I have combo skin - oily t-zone and dry elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just could not make the color(s) work for me, the 2 lightest colors. They just did not blend in with my skin tone, and it looked very unnatural. Have had this issue with most of the Hourglass / Foundations, either very yellow or very pink. The texture was nice, but it did dry to a powder finish, again giving me wrinkles under my eyes.

Threw away after using less than half.

There are many better concealers on the market. With Hourglass you pay a bit more for nice packaging. Not so sure it is a HE product as much as a HE packaging.

If you can get a perfect match to your skin - well then perhaps it will work; doubt any will perfectly match your skin, and it dries to a powder

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mranellucci

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this concealer, which was recommended by the S/A at Sephora. She applied it under my eyes and it looked under the bad lighting at Sephora. When I got home, I realized the concealer was way too pink for my and it dried my undereyes out. It is creamy and easy to blend but buy it only if you don't have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by hatsumi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Summary: Creamy, full coverage, doesn't settle into lines, and brightening. The coverage is so good you won't even need a corrector. Suitable for normal to dry skin. Unsure about lasting power for oilier skin.

Prior to purchasing this at Sephora, I used 2 products to cover my hereditary purple-brown dark undereye circles: a Bobbi Brown corrector followed up by a concealer. I have tried many concealers and I have never found one that I could use alone because they never gave enough coverage or had to be caked on and aged my appearance. I bought this product in the shade Natural (suitable for light-medium skin tones) on a whim as I read it was a more affordable alternative to the cult Cle De Peau stick concealer. And thank god I did! I hardly reach for my corrector anymore because this concealer covers my circles so well. Only on days where I haven't slept at all do I add a corrector. To increase the longevity of this product and prevent creasing, I set it with Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder for an extra brightening effect.

For comparison purposes, I tested the Cle De Peau concealer at a counter and noted how that was much more drying on the skin than this product. I live in a city where the temperature is typically 55-65F and this product stays creamy no matter how cold it is outside. I have normal to dry skin and it glides effortlessly under the eye and does not crease when I set it with powder. Those with oilier skin may want to try this at a store first to test the longevity.

I have since purchased a backup of this product. Definitely worth the money for sure. It has reduced the number of products I have to apply to cover my dark circles and has cut down on my makeup application time also.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by jdhall89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this almost exclusively as an under-eye concealer, so this review covers the product in that capacity.

I want to love it. I really do. The packaging is so nice, and the "natural" color is really good on me. On the upside, the coverage is really full with a nice finish. When I first apply it, the concealer completely covers my moderately-dark undereye circles.

But then the fun begins. It creases. Every concealer (lancome, tarte, NARS, benefit, various drugstore) creases into my lines, but because this one is so pigmented, it stands out more. I also used it to cover a blemish near the corner of my mouth, and it creased there too. I also don't find that it has amazing staying power--maybe 8 hours?

At $32, I won't rebuy a creasy concealer. I'm not returning it either, but I mostly use it for travel when my normal undereye routine (erase paste + lancome) is too cumbersome.