October 31, 2014 | 1670 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kristina108

I've been using an "illuminator" that I add to my foundation to give me a slight "lift" to my face, and have had good results. I received this Laura Mercier product as a sample at Sephora and it gave me the WORST acne. Egads. It took my skin over a week to recover from it. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by deepa1026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff has worked really well for me. But I don't think it is for everyone. It works best for those with dry or dull skin. Ten years ago, when my skin still had its own natural, youthful glow, this would have been too shiny for me. However, as I am heading into my late 30s, I have found my skin has become much duller and drier than it used to be, but a healthy squeeze of this tinted moisturizer blended with my normal foundation magically restores the glow my skin used to have on its own. I will admit that when I first apply this the shine is almost too much, but after about ten minutes have passed and it has fully absorbed, it gives me a perfect dewy finish. I have very sensitive, rosacea-prone skin, and after using this every day for two weeks straight, I have not experienced any angry flare-ups, so the product is well-suited to those with sensitive skin. The coverage is good--thicker than most tinted moisturizers--but not quite heavy enough to even out my rosacea-affected skintone by itself. The "Warm Radiance" shade was a good match for my NC 37ish skin. I took one lippie off because of the hefty price tag and the packaging, which at this price point, should include a pump dispenser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Coebags

This is my first ever LM purchase and it has set off an addiction to Laura's products. I was tempted by it after Chrissy Teigen said on Instagram that it was how she achieved her glow. I somehow ordered Warm Radiance by accident and it was way too dark for me but I loved the coverage and the glow. I then got the lightest shade ( bare radiance ) which I adore! I sometimes mix the two together when I want to look slightly tanned but most of the time I use Bare Radiance all over and then use WR on my cheeks as a bronzer.. As others have said if the glow is too shimmery for you a dusting of translucent powder totally changes the look.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this would be great for my dry skin... SO WRONG!. After the SA matched my skin and applied it all over my face they didn't have it in stock. You know how when that happens I think it's not meant to be. But, I didn't listen! Instead I went into Sephora and bought it there. I had it on for about 3 hours. Came home and looked in a mirror with different lighting. You would of thought I was in a snow globe for awhile. Just like other reviewers say FROSTY and SPARKLES! Not for me. I returned it the next day. HATED THIS! Beware of the word Illuminating.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by missybeanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It makes my face oily after a few hours in the air-conditioned office.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As much I as LOVE the LM radiance primer I thought I would love this equally. Well, I bought this on a whim without actually reading the ingredients (which I NEVER do) thinking it was probably pretty similar to the primer....with tint. WRONG! So wrong! One of the MAIN ingredients in this product is Dimethicone. And it also contains PEG/PPG-10/1...which is literally plastic and horrible for your skin! For me, this was just a breakout waiting to happen...and that is exactly what DID happen! I threw my box out as soon as I purchased....but I knew I changed nothing in my routine besides this....so after I looked up the ingredients, I wasn't shocked by the breakout! I am shocked this actually works for as many people as it does, after checking that list! The reason for my rating not being lower is the finish is beautiful, and I do see this being a great TM for someone who doesn't have issues with said ingredients. I don't consider this a loss, because I just added it to my kit.....but I don't foresee myself repurchasing it, even for that purpose.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh dear, this does not work for me at all. Thick and glittery with strange orange undertones, it highlights all the imperfections of my actually-fairly-okay skin. I bought it after reading a rave review by The Guardian's Sali Hughes. We're about the same age, I think, and she knows her stuff. But now I realise she must have very fine, dry skin, and for those skin types, this possibly does work well. If you have even one visible pore, forget it. This managed to pick out pores I can't even see when I'm not wearing makeup! We all want our skin to look dewy, but if yours is naturally oily, you probably just don't need something with this much shimmer. It's like putting highlighter all over your face. I think that's how I'm going to treat this, actually - will mix with my usual LM Tinted Moisturiser as a cheekbone highlight. Sadly, I can't think of any other use for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Peaches111

Love it ! Makes my skin glow and look healthy. A bit too much sparkle but with a dusting of powder looks fantastic .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Laura Mercier TM called Natural Radiance is way too thick, with the unnaturally shiny finish of a frosted lipstick or automobile pearlized paint job from the Seventies. And it does not cover my pores that well. If a sun tan plus shine is your thing, check out Paula Dorf Jet Set Glo. It's hard to find but not discontinued. That lets more of your natural skin show through, and is not as heavy as the LM Natural Radiance.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Roseannab

I really like this tinted moisturiser. It is perfect for when i don't feel like foundation. It gives me a good coverage and a nice glow. I prefer the texture of the Illuminating over the normal Laura Mercier becuse it feels smoother on my skin.