February 27, 2015 | 2021 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2015 4:23:00 PM More reviews by americanjan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail. I looked forever for a tinted moisturizer that wasn't too sheer or had too much pink or orange in it, but still provided enough coverage to cover mild skin imperfections. I suffer from melasma/hyperpigmentation, but I personally do not care for the look of foundation, and have always used a product such as BareMinerals for this reason. I want it to look like my skin, only better. Laura Mercier's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer accomplishes this mission perfectly, albeit expensively. It provides a lovely finish that looks amazing even in professional photos and covers imperfections impressively for not being a foundation. You do not need additional highlighting, as this provides the perfect glow with no additional products. If you find you have too much shine, just swipe a little translucent powder on your t-zone and you are all set. A little bit goes a long way, and I think the folks that experience too much shine might be using too much or are using an additional product to highlight, which can wind up making you look greasy. I literally use a tiny squeeze, rub my hands together and apply right over my daytime moisturizer. (I live in a dry climate, so I double up.) I use this under BareMinerals when I want a little more coverage, but this is pretty effective on its own. I couldn't be happier with this and I hope they never quit making it. If you read the ratings by the Cosmetics Cop on Beautypedia, you'll see this has a rating of "BEST". There is a reason for this! I do recommend getting some samples from Sephora and taking them home to try out the colors if you aren't sure, because it is pricey. But even if you get a color that is too dark, you can still make it work just by adding some moisturizer to sheer it out a little. It is on the expensive side, but it truly is amazing! I get compliments on my skin all the time, and this is one of my secrets!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2015 4:50:00 PM More reviews by xsuperbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was super impressed by this tinted moisturiser! Every other one I've used is greasy, dull, with super light watery coverage. This one has a pretty impressive but still light-weight coverage, made even more beautiful with the illumination. It's a nice luminous finish, perfect if you're looking for a glow.
I found it last all day, around 8 hours, on my normal skin type. I've also been using this underneath my heavier coverage foundations i.e Estee Lauder Double Wear for a glow.
The tube packaging is hygienic + clean cut. Amazing with the spf 20 too!!!
The only con is I wouldn't recommend this for combination/oily skin types. Maybe just on the cheek bones for a glow, but definitely not in the T-Zone! 10/10 :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2015 8:20:00 PM More reviews by fatnoise

This tinted moisturizer is very light coverage...it's great for those who are starting to use face makeup or those who want a natural look. Very sleek packaging as well. This is the only face makeup product I have, a little does go a long way, in terms of a dewy finish...I don't think it's "Illuminating" but it does get rid of the redness I usually get when I wake up. It is expensive, I paid almost $60 for this at sephora, to be honest, you can find a cheaper dupe of this product that will give you the same results.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2015 10:11:00 PM More reviews by milevamaric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Received a generous sample of this and tested it immediately. Unfortunately, the lightest shade, Bare Radiance, is FAR too dark for my fair skin. Although I'd already applied moisturizer and mascara before applying this, I was forced to throughly scrub my face after using this. It simultaneously turned my skin dark orange and yellow. It applied like a full-face bronzer/illuminator, despite being marketed as a tinted moisturizer.

I cannot comment on wear and general longevity because I washed it off immediately, but I found the coverage to be rather heavy. It covered hyper-pigmentation and left my skin more matte than dewy.

I am a fan of Laura Mercier products, but I am not a fan of this product. And I don't see how anyone with fair skin could wear this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by supercilious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best tinted moisturiser. If you have a dull looking skin, get this product. I received a sample of this and i instantly fall in love with the product. After apply this, your face will look radiant, healthy and glow even after applying powder over it. This is highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Lil3MissSarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an illuminating tinted moisturizer. Don't purcase it if you are looking for something to impart a subtle glow to your face because this stuff packs power.

I bought this after watching someone on youtube use it. I wanted a tinted moisturizer and I've been succiesful with Laura Mercier's oil free version, but my skin was looking lack luster do to stress and I wanted something to give me a nice healthy glow. The color selection is a little odd but I went with natural radience which was a decent match for my light medium skin tone. This tinted moistirizer gave me a nice glow for sure and it definitely made my skin look more alive but it tends to look greasy through out the day. I also noticed that blushes with a lot of shimmer, such as NARS orgasm, look beautiful with this moisturizer, but blushes with less shimmer look artificial. Basically, if you are going to wear this moisturizer you are going to need to commit. It's all or nothing!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kristina108

I've been using an "illuminator" that I add to my foundation to give me a slight "lift" to my face, and have had good results. I received this Laura Mercier product as a sample at Sephora and it gave me the WORST acne. Egads. It took my skin over a week to recover from it. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by deepa1026

This stuff has worked really well for me. But I don't think it is for everyone. It works best for those with dry or dull skin. Ten years ago, when my skin still had its own natural, youthful glow, this would have been too shiny for me. However, as I am heading into my late 30s, I have found my skin has become much duller and drier than it used to be, but a healthy squeeze of this tinted moisturizer blended with my normal foundation magically restores the glow my skin used to have on its own. I will admit that when I first apply this the shine is almost too much, but after about ten minutes have passed and it has fully absorbed, it gives me a perfect dewy finish. I have very sensitive, rosacea-prone skin, and after using this every day for two weeks straight, I have not experienced any angry flare-ups, so the product is well-suited to those with sensitive skin. The coverage is good--thicker than most tinted moisturizers--but not quite heavy enough to even out my rosacea-affected skintone by itself. The "Warm Radiance" shade was a good match for my NC 37ish skin. I took one lippie off because of the hefty price tag and the packaging, which at this price point, should include a pump dispenser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Coebags

This is my first ever LM purchase and it has set off an addiction to Laura's products. I was tempted by it after Chrissy Teigen said on Instagram that it was how she achieved her glow. I somehow ordered Warm Radiance by accident and it was way too dark for me but I loved the coverage and the glow. I then got the lightest shade ( bare radiance ) which I adore! I sometimes mix the two together when I want to look slightly tanned but most of the time I use Bare Radiance all over and then use WR on my cheeks as a bronzer.. As others have said if the glow is too shimmery for you a dusting of translucent powder totally changes the look.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this would be great for my dry skin... SO WRONG!. After the SA matched my skin and applied it all over my face they didn't have it in stock. You know how when that happens I think it's not meant to be. But, I didn't listen! Instead I went into Sephora and bought it there. I had it on for about 3 hours. Came home and looked in a mirror with different lighting. You would of thought I was in a snow globe for awhile. Just like other reviewers say FROSTY and SPARKLES! Not for me. I returned it the next day. HATED THIS! Beware of the word Illuminating.