October 26, 2014 | 1386 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by misstreated1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very long, coarse hair so I go through a lot of conditioner. This hair treatment is incredible. It leaves my hair soft and shiny and tames the frizz. I was using this every other day because I love the way it makes my hair so manageable. But the package is small and I was running out of product so quickly. So now, I went back to my usual conditioner, but use a little of the Redken Super Moisturizing Mask on my ends and then do a full deep condition with it once a week. I have spent a lot of money on more expensive conditioners but none so far have compared to this mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonstickbella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I @think@ this works well. My style is suggested it since my ends of my hair were bleached and dry from going ombre. My hair tends to be a little understanding side and its pretty straight with a slight slight slight bit of ways. I put it on my head and left it on for 6 hours as I walked around the house on a Saturday. But I'd cap over it as my hairdresser suggested. Rinsed it out and did not shampoo after. I thought it made a nice difference to my hair. I did it again two days later and still feel like the product was worth buying. I only needed a little bit so it seems like the jar is going to last a long time. My hair does look less frizzy on the end. There's another Redken jar/mask product that after reading up on seal may have been a better match for me. Its called Extreme Stregnt and comes in purpleish jar. You'll see it its on makeup alley. Same type of idea as this product. This one seems to work well (from what I read) if your hair is thick and curly, which mine is thin and pretty straight but I was happy with the product overall. When this jar runs out which probably will be 6 months or more with using 2 or 3 times a week I may try the other Redken product that is similar (Extreme Strength mask). I feel it was worth the money and I'm pretty thrifty.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair is fried: dyed, bleached, dyed again and highlighted in the last 6 months. I have short hair so they get a trim fairly often but even then, they need special care. After reading the reviews i decided to go for this mask. I left it on for about an hour, rinsed and let my hair dry. Honestly, i don't see much difference.....My hair is slightly softer but nothing miraculous. I am disappointed, i was kind of expecting something a bit more dramatic. I get the same result with a drugstore mask....too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Nurns22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this treatment for about 9 months now and I absolutely LOVE IT!! I love being a blonde (ahem not my natural color) so I have a few years of highlights and lowlights. After my second child my hair was a dull, dry, lifeless mess. It definately needed some TLC and this product has done WONDERS to my hair.

I do use it in the shower sometimes when I am in a hurry (leaving it in for 5 or 10 minutes then rinse), but most of the time I leave it on a lot longer. About every 2-3 weeks I use a clarifying shampoo, towel dry, separate, and apply to every inch of my hair combing it in with a wide tooth comb. I wind it up place it on top of my head with a clip then put a disposable shower cap on. Add a warmed towel from the microwave and do some house work ect for 1 - 2 hours. Rinse and style! It does take a little effort to rinse it out so I start with pretty warm water and turn it cooler. But the end result is remarkable. Has definately saved my hair! It does weigh my hair down slightly the day I use it, but I can still get plenty of volume and my hair still holds curl. Any added weight is gone the next shampoo but my hair is still moisturized and shiney.

The price is a little steep upon first glance, but considering I am still on my first tub after 9 months and my hair length is to my bra strap, not too bad. I have definately spent more on things that didn't last as long or work nearly as well! I have never been too impressed by Redken's products in the past, but a huge thank you to the Ulta salesperson who recommended this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff! Now I know that the package says that it's for dense, unruly hair (or something along those lines) which I definitely do not have. In fact I have pretty fine hair, but I do have a lot of it. But it's also very dry, due to the fact that I flat iron my hair everyday... and have it colored every 5-6 weeks or so.

I use this treatment maybe once or twice a week (I only shampoo my hair mayyyybe 3 or 4 times a week, depends on what i'm doing and how oily my hair gets). Either way, I shampoo my hair first with my Pureology Hydrate, and then I squeeze out all the excess water, take a scoop of this out of the tub and start rubbing it through my ends first. Usually i'll just leave it on throughout the duration of my shower, so maybe 5-10 minutes or so. Not that long. I still find as soon as I rinse this out, my hair feels AH-MAZING. So soft and tangle free! I do still use my regular conditioner after this too.

Once I get out of the shower I put in my usual products (fast food leave on and bb cream from AG) and I never ever blow dry my hair so I just let it air dry. The next day my hair is so soft and silky and shiny. I just can't stop touching it. It's a little pricey here, about $28, but worth every penny, i've had my tub for about six months. I'm only just starting to get to the bottom of the container now. Definitely will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by afllr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What I think a lot of people don't realize about this product is that you need to lightly shampoo it out. It is WAAAY too rich to use as a regular conditioner.
I have bleached-from-black blond hair and my ends are very sensitive. I have curly frizzy hair that I straighten 2 times a week. On my off days I shower and slather it in my hair for over night. 1. it does stink in my opinion, 2 it does make your hair sticky and hard to get your fingers through when slightly dried, 3 IT WORKS! after i use it my curls are more defined and less frizzy. when i straighten it my ends are more in control and look less crazy, my hair is more supple and smooth and is much more bouncy.
honestly, i would put anything in my hair if it meant that it would look healthier. in my opinion, if it works and does what it says it does, not much else matters.
there are plenty of other cheaper less effective masks out there that smell good if thats what you're looking for. This mask is worth the price and effort for the quality of results it gives.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have repurchase this about 3 times I absolutely love it For reference I have thick curly hair and I use this twice or three times a week it does not weight my hair down..it leaves my hair super soft and very manageable! I specially use this after I color my hair and it seems not to look as damaged.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by chachamusicgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all this mask works best in conjunction with the Bumble & Bumble Seaweed Shampoo. That combo produces soft, silky, tangle free hair every single time. Second of all, this product smells like an old lady's dirty stockings that have been left out in the sun too long. Bleh. It is slightly better in scent than the Redken All Soft which smelled like hot sweaty butt crack in my opinion. Other than that, this mask is like first class cocaine for your hair. It leaves it buttery and silky like Haagen Daaz ice cream. This is great for dry hair and works a thousand times better than the All Soft which will leave your hair tore the hell up like Wendy Williams's face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Fitouesumwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Too heavy for fine hair.

Do the job, the hair are pretty hydrated after a treatment, but be ready for EXTRA flat hair even if not apply near the roots.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by sassyBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

REAL CONTROL? ........LOL. more like out of control.
I am ALWAYS careful when it comes to not using too much of a hair mask. I make sure I am not using too much. I used the same amount when I tried this out as when I use my other hair masks (My 2 favorites) which are Redken Curvaceous and Macadamia Natural Oil hair mask. I do not understand what the deal was with this...BUT I SPENT A HALF HOUR OR MORE TRYING TO RINSE THIS OUT IN THE SHOWER. OMFG. I have color treated hair two shades darker than my natural, and that probably washed away a lot of the color ;/ This stuff made my hair feel sticky and hard WHILE rinsing it out. The other 2 hair masks I use make my hair feel silky while rinsing them out. This was HARD to wash out. Afterwards, my hair was super easy to brush and soft....but the day after that it is just weighed down. hated this product and returned it immediately