October 23, 2014 | 1617 users online

Powder - Kanebo - Revue Essence In Pact

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kissmark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundaiton really exceeds my expectations! As a reviewer mentioned below, Revue powder foundations always rank very high on the Japanese cosmetic website cosme.net. I have always wanted to try it but was kind of put off by its price. The listed price is about $45, including the case. However, the company that makes this brand, Kanebo, decided to discotinue it for some reason, so now it's 30% off everywhere. But probably because of its popularity I think Kanebo is still making and selling it.

The finish is very lovely, makes my face look flawless and covering all my pores and blemishes. The best part is that it is not drying. With most powder foundations, the matte ones make me really dry, and the moisturizing ones leave me greasy and shiny. So it is always a struggle to find a good powder foundation in fall/winter. This one well....keeps me matte yet doesnt dry me out! I dont know how it does it, but it is wonderful!

If you ever go to Japan or can get your hands on this product, definitely give it a try, especially now that it is on sale. If you need color recommendation feel free to mail me. I am the typical Asian color and I use O-C.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Rosalia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really covers up large pores and makes your skin look flawless. I was really impressed by this powder foundation. The only problem I had was with flakes showing up a bit, but that's probably because I need to exfoliate more than I do.

I have a golden yellow undertone to my skin so I tried out the BE-B. I was a bit worried when I first opened this up because it looked a bit darker than my skin, but when applied it matched perfectly. I found out that T'Estimo and Revue were going to be discontinued from a beauty website so I guess I'll have to try a different Kanebo foundation soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by visee

This powder foundation won the 2007 Best Powder Foundation Grand Prize at cosme.net, a Japanese website similar to Makeupalley, and has also been highly rated by Japanese magazines.

I must admit it was the lovely snowflake compact case (which is sold separately) that first enticed me to buy this. The Essence In series was launched for autumn/winter, and has special moisturising properties (as opposed to Superior Stay which is meant for summer).

Although it's mostly summer all year long where I live in, I find this powder foundation perfect for the office, where the air is really dry. The coverage is medium and it never looks too powdery or overdone. I find that it gives a very polished look, and my skin still looks quite matt and finished at the end of the day, without any touch ups. For colour reference, I use Chanel Mat Lumiere 50 Poudre / Px Real Beige / RMK 103, and use Ochre-C for Revue, which I think is a close match.

One thing to note about this powder foundation is that it's not meant to be used with a wet sponge.

continued >>