October 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by pattida1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soooo agree with Jeni's review. Smashbox too heavy - greasy - LA base not too much over their price. (Even Lose Watier feels better than Smashbox) but Lancome simply ups the ante! Best over all for all and NO I do not work for Lancome... have just used it for 24 years! Patti Donnelly-Arnold on FB

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by yayajordana

This product was ok. I'm not totally sold on it. I like it better for spot priming and not my entire face. Feels good on, but doesn't do anything special for my skin. Good but not amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by JeniDelight

So most of you know about the infamous Smashbox photo ready primer. Meet it's slightly more expensive, smaller in size, but better sibling! It never leaves me feeling oily or greasy and it makes foundation go on so beautifully! I honestly think this one is the better option of the two just because I find smashbox primers so darn greasy which is definitely a no go, especially in Arizona!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has nothin on my other primers. It felt just like dermalogica barrier repair. Didn't make makeup go on nicer, stay longer etcetera. I normally use hourglass veil all over the face with spot priming w a mattifying pore minimizer on t-zone and illuminating on cheekbones. This works very well for me. This seemed greasy. I guess it's like the smashbox original. Good thing I only used sample packets. However, the bottle it comes in in quite elegant.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by shelbymateljan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best primer I have ever used. Makes my skin feel silky smooth and increases longevity of my foundation (Chanel Perfection Lumiere). The glass bottle is gorgeous and looks great on my nightstand. Some people may find it expensive, but I only need a tiny pump to cover my entire face so it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product goes on smooth, silky feel to it. Melts into my skin, I use mac prolong foundation and helps the application spread with ease using a brush. I've had no problems with it but it is expensive but for a good primer I don't mind paying for quality. Been using this primer for nearly a year now and I have just nearly reached the bottom of the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by CollinJK

Love it for my oily skin! Definitely makes foundation last longer and go on smoother.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by nailamaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got this as sample and really like it , i dont wear foundation much but when i do i have been using this and skin looks lot smoother and glowy

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Awele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My MAC Prep+Prime (face protect protection visage spf50) ran out so I decide to try something new. The girls at the store were nice and so I decided to try their product offering.

It goes on nicely and has this smooth silky finish on my skin which is okay but it does nothing for oil control. By the end off the day i looked like a fried chicken. I can't even decide if its the Lancome Base Pro or the Lancome Teint Ultra 24hr but i hate this product finishing after about 5hrs.

Whats most annoying is the price it cost me about $92 to get both products so you can Imagine my disappointment when I had to hurry to the MAC store (after a few days of no success)to get back my Prep+Prime and Studio Fix foundation.

I do not recommend this product. I will try it with my Studio Fix foundation to see if its any good at all. But for now, It's just a huge waste of my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Despite the steep price, I really adore this primer. I have used various makeup primers throughout the past several years, but I was tired of paying for primers that didn't help control my oil, controlled my oil too much making my skin flaky, or simply just did not provide any noticeable results. My favorite primer was the Smashbox photo finish light, but it was pretty pricey and didn't last long. I got tired of paying over $35 every few months,so I went without using a primer for almost a year. On a trip to Sephora about 2 months ago, I was given by chance a sample of Lancome La Base Pro with my purchase. Upon first use, I was instantly blown away with how amazing this product was, but I didn't want to buy the full-size version until I could see how well it controlled my oily t-zone or if it broke me out. This product is for all skin types, yet it controls my oil and makes my skin look a million times better than any primer I have used in the past that was specifically for oily and/or acne-prone skin. Not only does it keep my makeup in place with less oil, but my face looks flawless and the fine lines around my eyes are not noticeable. This is by far the best primer I have ever used, and I am never switching back to my old primer again. The price is a little ridiculous, but I use half of the amount of La Base Pro that I used with other primers and the results are far better. The packaging is elegant and the pump is easy to control, but the only thing I don't like is the glass container. It could be easily shattered, so handle with caution, but everything else about this product is so amazing that it doesn't even matter.