December 21, 2014 | 1287 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by saraheviex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin, and I used this primer after my Clarins Hyrda-Matte moisturiser, under Lancome Teint Miracle foundation. It kept me fairly matte for about three hours before I needed a touch-up of powder, and it was a little on the pricey side for just 25ml, but I am willing to give it four lipsticks simply for the texture! I cannot even begin to describe the feel of this! It is silky smooth and feels like air. It's like rubbing satin on your skin! It did not leave my skin chalky or dry-looking, as it is translucent, but my face felt pore less and soft. My foundation and concealer went on smoothly. I would recommend buying a sample of this just to feel the incredible texture. I would repurchase just for how nice it feels on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by tinabeq

Do yourself a favour and do not buy this product. My t-zone gets a bit oily after 6-8 hours but with this, my skin felt like it was soaked in oil within the first 2 hours of wear. I was very disappointed because I read some great reviews about this but if you get an oily t-zone, or a bit oily in general, I do not recommend this at all. There are far better primers for a much lower price. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by PandaMamma

My boyfriend bought this for me during one of my make up hauls three years ago and I finally finished the bottle three days ago!! Wow! I love this stuff! I have tried this and the smashbox photo primer as well.. and a couple of others including prestige brands and drugstore brands and this is HANDS DOWN the best primer I have ever used!! I love it! A little really went a long way for me. I am not pulling anyone's leg when I say this bottle (25ml) really lasted me 3 years!! I wear makeup pretty much 5 days a week, maybe once in a while during the weekends, and this really lived up to Lancome's reputation of selling great products! =). You can bet I will be buying me a new one this weekend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by pattida1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soooo agree with Jeni's review. Smashbox too heavy - greasy - LA base not too much over their price. (Even Lose Watier feels better than Smashbox) but Lancome simply ups the ante! Best over all for all and NO I do not work for Lancome... have just used it for 24 years! Patti Donnelly-Arnold on FB

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by yayajordana

This product was ok. I'm not totally sold on it. I like it better for spot priming and not my entire face. Feels good on, but doesn't do anything special for my skin. Good but not amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by JeniDelight

So most of you know about the infamous Smashbox photo ready primer. Meet it's slightly more expensive, smaller in size, but better sibling! It never leaves me feeling oily or greasy and it makes foundation go on so beautifully! I honestly think this one is the better option of the two just because I find smashbox primers so darn greasy which is definitely a no go, especially in Arizona!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has nothin on my other primers. It felt just like dermalogica barrier repair. Didn't make makeup go on nicer, stay longer etcetera. I normally use hourglass veil all over the face with spot priming w a mattifying pore minimizer on t-zone and illuminating on cheekbones. This works very well for me. This seemed greasy. I guess it's like the smashbox original. Good thing I only used sample packets. However, the bottle it comes in in quite elegant.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by shelbymateljan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best primer I have ever used. Makes my skin feel silky smooth and increases longevity of my foundation (Chanel Perfection Lumiere). The glass bottle is gorgeous and looks great on my nightstand. Some people may find it expensive, but I only need a tiny pump to cover my entire face so it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product goes on smooth, silky feel to it. Melts into my skin, I use mac prolong foundation and helps the application spread with ease using a brush. I've had no problems with it but it is expensive but for a good primer I don't mind paying for quality. Been using this primer for nearly a year now and I have just nearly reached the bottom of the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by CollinJK

Love it for my oily skin! Definitely makes foundation last longer and go on smoother.