Dove Clinical Protection

3.5

Active: Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex GLY (20%) Inactive: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Silica, Fragrance (Parfum), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, BHT

on 2/1/2015 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Dove Clinical deodorant does not hold up to heavy sweating. I would not buy this again.

on 1/18/2015 7:42:00 PM

I am a eighteen year old female, who embarrassingly sweats like a man. Before this product I was always running to the bathroom to take care of said sweat and apply deodorant. This product saved my dignity! I only have to apply once and not have to worry about sweating through my shirt or anything like that. Its not as cheap as most deodorant, but the pricing is still well and COMPLETELY worth it.

on 1/15/2015 1:30:00 AM

I have tried a number of different deodorants. AIl of them have work temporarily. I use Certain Dri for a year or two but I needed something for the day and it was a little harsh to my underarms. I discovered dove clinical protection and was pleasantly surprised that its cream texture was gentle on my skin. It also prevented me from sweating which I've suffered from. Its available in wonderful setting such as the cucumber and the pomegranate. It's pricey in the range of 8 to 10 dollars. And it runs out fast because it is to twist up but I will continue to purchase this because the pros out weight the cons. Would recommend to anyone.

on 12/1/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This anti-perspirant is great. The smell is great and it last all day, however for the cost, the bottle did not last long at all. Maybe a week or two? I don't know but it was empty really fast. I'm not sure it's worth the price.

on 10/17/2014 6:39:00 AM

I'm one of those girls who NO MATTER what deodorant I use, i cant stop sweating!
So i saw this one on a tv ad, and decided to try it!
I tried the Green tea / cucumber!
I was so impressed with the results!
It is now a daily essential for me to use!
The only deodorant that maintains 100% dryness throughout the day for me!
*Smells really nice
*super duper easy to apply
I can go a whole day at a netball competition, without even gaining a sweat!
So glad i tried this product! 10/10!!! :D

on 8/16/2014 11:09:00 AM

I used to use this in the cucumber/green tea and was really happy with it, even though the container leaks and I would have to travel with the box or a brand new one or something else entirely. And even though it dried out my pits something fierce. Then one day, it stopped working. Just like that. I thought maybe I had gotten used to it, or something like that, so I'd switch to something else for a week or a month, and return to it, and it still didn't work. I also tried the plum scent, and that one didn't work either, and it smelled disgusting.

on 6/10/2014 12:52:00 AM

Works pretty f***ing great for making sure you're not dripping your nasty body fluids out of your wretched pit holes.
I personally don't like a lot of women's pit sticks because they always smell like a chemical lab fell from the sky and landed in a pseudo field of roses. No thanks!
But this stuff just smells like a pit stick should. Just a regular clean scent that's not super strong.
It's great for keeping you dry. Works wonders on the under-boob area too.
Don't act like you don't sweat under your boobs. F***ing liars!

A little FYI tho, make sure you rub it into your skin all the way because if you don't all of your black or dark shirts will have a lovely white stain that is a pain in the ass to get off!

on 5/31/2014 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I bought this in the "revive" fragrance, which initially appealed to me due to what I expected would be a fruity aroma. Alas, it ain't fruity. It smells like stale beer. It works well enough in terms of perspiration control, but then so does Secret Clinical (choose a scent), which doesn't make me smell like I woke up drunk in a ditch. Straight into the trash it goes.

I cannot rave enough about the Dove Men+care line of soaps - some of which I use myself and swear by - and, indeed, the Dove Sensitive Skin soap as well, but this fragrance is absolutely appalling. On top of that, I am about as cheap as they come and will find an excuse to use up anything I spent my hard-earned money on, but not this time. I hate to throw it out, but one does what one must.

on 2/5/2014 6:26:00 PM

As someone who suffers from intertrigo, I have been struggling for over a year to come up with a solution to keep flare-ups at bay. I have a Rx but that only seems to moderately work and flare-ups keep occurring. I finally had a "duh" moment and figured out that stopping the sweat might go miles and miles towards a "cure."

I haven't used anti-perspirants (AP) for years and years - I use Crystal spray and roll-on for deoderant purposes (which is awesome btw), but that's it. Trying to stay away from commercial AP, I 1st tried the baking soda/corn starch/coconut oil recipe here on MUA. That actually works on 2 of my affected areas, but not where the industrial sweating occurs. So, I thought I'd start w/ this and WHOA NELLY - this stuff stops sweat in its tracks!!! I"m not too thrilled about adding chemicals back into my routine, but after being so miserable and in actual pain from the intertrigo, I'm grateful to have found this. Now, as long as I use 1/day, I have no flare-ups = no need for the Rx either.

My dermo was very impressed w/ the level of resolution and the fact that this stuff doesn't irritate my skin at all. He and his colleagues are usually hesitant to recommend industrial strength AP due to the levels of alcohol in them that they can really irritate skin, but when I pointed out my skin and the fact there is no trace of irritation, he said he'd start telling my experience to other patients (I also gave him the recipe for the natural AP/deo discussed above - that intrigued him as well).

I can't remember which fragrance I have. I was having an odor problem so I have been trying all sorts of deodorants lately. This does work for my issue and I'm pleased in that aspect. However the packaging is *awful* It leaks if it happens to lay on its side. An oily residue leaks from the cap. Also, it has a textured click dial to get more product out. I'm not sure if it is my particular one or a problem overall with it, but my gosh, it's hard to turn that thing. I have a sore spot on my thumb from trying to turn it. Absolutely awful. It's disappointing because the product is good.