July 30, 2014 | 1995 users online

Masks - Milk of Magnesia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by meredithtaylor

AMAZING!!! The only thing I have ever found that will keep my face matte the entire day, and I have super oily skin!! Plus it's so cheap and will last you a long, long time! MIRACLE PRODUCT FOR OILY SKIN !!! p.s. the best way to use it is apply a layer underneath makeup. It does leave a white cast but it comes off right when you start to put your face makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is literally the only product I've found thus far that can control my RIDICULOUSLY oily skin. I've tried just about everything but without it my makeup will melt right off. My skin would get oily within 30 minutes of wearing it so the fact that my makeup lasts all day is amazing. The first day I tried it, my friend complimented me on how nice my makeup looked.
Now, I wash my face, tone and moisturize first. Then I shake the MoM and spread a very thin layer on my cheeks and nose (as that is where I get most oily) and I let dry. It dries into a chalky white paint on my face so I use a primer to conceal my pores and not make my makeup look cakey on top of the MoM. I apply the rest of my makeup normally and the my make up is set for the rest of the day. Although I have heard bad things about using it every day, so I don't. Plus I think it's good to let the skin breathe every now and then. But it lasts forever and is the HG of oil control products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I like to use Milk of Magnesia as a primer, but not every day. I use it when I absolutely need to. I'll use it if I know I'm going to be out a long time & need my foundation makeup to stay on longer than I know it would with a drugstore primer. It's great for an emergency. My skin is so acne prone & that's why I don't like putting something so alkaline on my face too frequently. A lot of people like to pretend that this isn't used to neutralize acid in the stomach. Anyway, it really mattified my oily face; it's actually more effective than you'd think for oil control.

I apply it with a cheap disposable cosmetic sponge, put it against the mouth of the bottle, & tip it over. After, I dab it all over my face & continue to build from there. I have to work slowly because I have dark skin & the "milk" literally dries white on my skin if I don't apply it evenly or put too much on too quickly. You'll be left with chalky white streaks if you're not careful. I don't apply a normal primer on top of this; I go straight to foundation/concealer application afterward. My oily skin looks amazing! Even after hours of wear, my foundation looked dry (in a good way!) & my natural oil didn't come through a bit. Even with good quality primers, I've often found myself looking like I ran a marathon; my makeup looks like it's falling off my face. If I weren't nervous about what it is, I'd use Milk of Magnesia much more often.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Awesomeangelface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have stomach ulcers and for years there was nothing to help until i tried milk of magnesia. now i dont have that terrible pain that always kept me awake. so happy i found this

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was terrible on my oily skin.
I started to break out really bad everywhere it was applied.
Reviewers talk about it soaking up the oil and sure I felt like it was soaking it up alright....right up to the surface of my skin. It was like it was drawing the oil from my skin and making my skin even more oily than I was before which I thought was impossible.
The white cast this can leave is also another issue I can do without

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ShaShagirl87

this stuff is excellent under my makeup...because I have combo skin I pair this with a rich moisturizer and it leaves my skin velvety matte and not at all dry because of the moisturizer I use. so this combo primes my face pretty nicely...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Anonnone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the BEST anti-shine product I've ever tried, and I have a super-oily T zone. The trick is to use only a *very small* amount on the T zone/oily parts (not on dry parts at all), otherwise it may dry chalky and white. Keeps my skin matte for over 6 hours. I apply the plain kind on bare skin with a sponge (I dip the edge of the sponge in the cap a bit) and wait for it to dry and then apply BB cream/foundation. It doesn't cause breakouts and even dries up pimples.
I would suggest that anyone with oily/shiny skin should try this first before buying drugstore or high-end mattifiers. It's dirt cheap and you get enough in a bottle to last forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Aima19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far loving this product. I use it for acne and I can see a difference in my acne and redness

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mathimula

tried this milk of magnesium after reading the reviews, the stuff works.i have a very oily t zone,so first I use cleanser toner and then moisturiser, I wait for the moisturiser to dry and then I put some mom in a cotton pad, I then wipe my tzone, then I will be fine for eight to nine hours oil free, by the way I live in uk I cannot find the unflavoured version, so I use the mint flavour, so far it works fine, I have ordered the unflavoured one from usa.cant wait for the plain version.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by AquaChain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I recently stopped using this because I felt like it stopped working for my oily face like it used to 4-5 years ago.

I remember when I first used it I was amazed. In summer, it would completely keep my face matte even if I started to sweat. All day and no touch up on powdering and blotting. That's how clingy I was to this. Also the product stayed as a liquid for months before it dried up in the bottle and became sludgy or crusty (idk how it does that?). I didn't mind and just re-bought more.
I believe it was last year when I noticed it wasn't keeping me matte all day like before. It only keeps me matte for 2-4 hours now before I get oily. And my nose isn't matte after an hour or so at all! How awkward it must look to have a random oily nose. lol And now the damn liquid sludge's up and gets hardened after 2 months. Is there evaporation going on in there? lol I wonder. I find myself using the dried up sludgy stuff to swipe on my face and it really chalks up on my face. Damn. My sister even said my makeup looked cakey too so I guess that's bad for a moisturized or natural look

Well, now that my sister and friend tell me to just use something else and not something silly on my face, I'll finally consider their words. Guess I'm primer hunting now. *sigh*