Milk of Magnesia Mask

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: In each 5 mL tsp: Magnesium Hydroxide (400 mg) (Saline Laxative) Inactive Ingredients: Water Purified, Sodium Hypochlorite

Hands down, the best 30 seconds of television I've ever watched was for a RuPaul tv promo that gave a tip for keeping makeup on while under bright lights by using Milk of Magnesia as a primer. (I honestly watch less than 20 hours A YEAR of tv, so this was quite serendipitous)....

I have normal / sometimes a little dry / sometimes a little oily in the tzone pale skin and, while I never had horrible breakouts as a teen, my pores were quite large from years and years of tanning beds.... Whenever I would wear foundation, it would soak into my skin and would look terrible after a few hours.

I started using MOM 4 or 5 years ago now and I swear I look like I am in my mid 20s... My pores are visibly tighter - with many that look like they've completely closed up (sidenote: I have a twin and she tells people her biggest regret is not using MOM in her beauty routine like I do as it is just night and day).... The few slight wrinkles I started to get in my mid 30s (I am now 41) also seem to be fading --- seriously --- my high school friends are starting to really wrinkle up and I am still with just 2 small/faint lines on my forehead.... I just started to use it on my neck because I feel like my neck is starting to show my age, while my face isn't at all....

It says this is for oily skin, but I would highly recommend it for people with dry skin as well (even though it will make your skin feel a little dryer until you slough it off with your hands once it has chalked up/dried) ---- not only does my makeup look a-m-a-z-i-n-g all day, but it really must be what is giving me (and what my friends call) Benjamin Buttons disease....

If you break out from it, just try a different brand until you find one that works.... Whenever I am running low, I pick up a new bottle and am not really picky about it being Phillips or generic --- I actually find the generic thickens up faster (which I like more than when it is watery), but any will do.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

After many reviews for products that will help my oily skin I came across this. I've seen it before in make up tutorials but never payed attention but being that I am in public all day and the sight of my oily skin bothers me to great strengths, I ran to my local pharmacy and got the bottle. After my first day or so using it, I didn't really see a big difference but I still held on to the possibility that my skin can change and after about 3 days I noticed the difference. Usually I would loose all my work in about 3 hours of applying my make up but with this product everything stayed in tact and matte including my highlighter which is a first for me. I literally ran around my house doing confessionals ( everyone looked at me like I lost my mind ) but I will never go a day without this . I even use it when I'm not wearing make up . I like to think of it as training my skin to calm its oily down .

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I used to be a devotee of Smashbox Photo Finish and HourGlass Mineral Veil. I was originally looking for chafing gel when I went to Wal-Mart but they didn't carry the one that I wanted. Turns out another girl that was in the same aisle I was in ran into the same dilemma. She told me that an alternative would be MOM. I was a little hesitant, but after purchasing this I don't have a need for face primers anymore. I use this after I've washed and moisturized my face, and I apply it with a cotton ball. It may have generate a whitecast but after you've applied your foundation it will disappear. I have really oily skin and I generally wear full coverage foundation, trust me when I say that this really does put and end to shine and extends the longevity of your makeup.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

THE BEST THING FOR OILY SKIN OUT THERE!!!!! I have such oily skin you can seriousley fry french fries on my face not even kidding. I just apply this all over my face before makeup or even if im not wearing makeup and it really keeps the oil at bay.. Since i have really oily skin i do get a bit oily around my nose but thats nothing! If i dont use this my makeup seriousley slides off my face within an hour.. Amazing amazing amazing this is HG!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I just bought this product because a friend recommended it and the positive reviews I saw online about it. Big mistake!

I have super oily, acne-prone skin but, I have not had acne in a very long while. I started using this product to help with my oily face but instead, it made my face more oily (if that's possible) and worse, I broke out in the worst case if acne I have seen on my face in ages. Acne everywhere, large pores and spots. Yikes! The end!

It obviously works well for some people given the positive reviews I've seen here but, it's not for me. Good luck

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I loved this product because I've always wore makeup that had some type of slip and it would transfer onto clothes and even my boyfriend hand when he touched my face. I started using milk of magnesia and it helped my make up stay in place, for the first few days it was kind of sticky then I went without it for a week but I went back and tried it again and applied it a different way than I was before and now it's not so sticky, it keeps my face matte and feeling soft after, but I recommend to use a cleanser so your face dont be sticky afterwards but it is worth buying. It did have a slight smell of throw up to me, i don't know if thats how its suppose to smell or its just how I smelled it. Overall it's the best product ever!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A friend who does drag suggested using this under my makeup to prevent myself from getting oily / shiny, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try since a giant bottle of it was only a few $ from the drugstore. Lo and behold, he was right!

I pour a tiny bit on to my palm (it may be easier to transfer this product to a pump bottle or something so you don't end up pouring out a handful) and rub it gently on to my clean, moisturized face. I focus on my oily areas, such as my cheeks and my T-zone. Then I apply my makeup regimen as usual.

I was really, pleasantly surprised to see that I didn't get oily throughout the day. This is a life saver for people who are prone to getting shiny by midday! I don't think I'll wear this every day, but it's definitely helpful for events or photoshoots where any bit of shine will look awful in pictures.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This little bottle is a complete life saver! Before finding out about this, my skin would be completely shiny within 3 hours of my makeup application. My makeup would end up splotchy and cakey because of all the oil. I was never much of a primer person because most of them are silicone based, and would not work with my skin type. My makeup would just slide off within two hours. Milk of magnesium was a complete game changer for me. I apply it after my moisturizer and before my foundation and this stuff is the only stuff that can keep me matte for a very long time! I worked 11 hours on Black Friday and when I looked in the mirror there was just a little bit of shine starting to peak through my cheeks, which is amazing compared to the complete cakey shiney mess I usually have to deal with. I get so many compliments on my skin and makeup ever since i started using MOM as a primer. Will definitely repurchase over and over again!!! (And it's only 4-6$!)

I use this product different than everyone else I guess. Instead of using it before foundation and concealer I use it after, before the powder. It goes on smoother. I only use it on my t-zone, maybe a little on my cheeks. It tries fast then I kinda flake it off by rubbing a little. Sometimes I dab some on my finger with dab of foundation, and smooth it on together.
It fills my acne scars and lines. It helps to cover what i want covered. It also has reduced my acne dramatically. I use it over night on any pimples I might have as well.
If your as fair as I am, you probably don't want to use it everywhere or not rub some off. Or you might look a little gostly.
* I buy the dollar tree version, last over a year.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I Love this product as a face primer , its amazing!
for those who don't know this product goes on the face and drys as a slight white cast
however your foundation will take the white cast away ..

First i want to start off by talking about the cons of this product .

Using this product you will need other things to make it turn out amazing like a face mist spray and a good moisturizer .
The very first time i used this product , it was horrible because i thought since i have oily skin that i can just put this on without moisturizing and everything will be fine ( stupid i know lol ) , HOWEVER that was a huge mistake my foundation came out looking blotchy , dry , really matte and just stiff patchy looking . I DID NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL .

Then i had let my mom use it to try it out , because shes into makeup just as much as me , so when she tried it , HER MAKEUP CAME OUT FLAWLESS , literally flawless . I had asked her what she did , she said she ( moisturized her face with coco butter , put the milk of magnesia on , and then used a mist spray on her face and also sprayed her foundation brush / beauty blender as well , then followed up with her foundation routine and the rest of her makeup . ( shes has a normal skin type )

All i could think of is why didn't i try that . i'm so dumb lol .. ( i usually do moisturize before i prime and put foundation . smh )
so i decided to try the milk of magnesia AGAIN , this time i moisturized my face with a normal SPF moisturizer , applied the milk of magnesia with a cotton pad , sprayed my face with my elf mist spray , i used a damp beauty blender and applied the rest of my makeup / foundation . & My makeup had came out looking Gorgeous and just flawless . I ended up going out that night as well for my cousins birthday , we went to dinner , we were drinking , then hit the club , people had accidentally touched my face while i was dancing , sweating , my cousin kept giving me kisses on my cheek lol , it was a long fun night . I got home around 5am in the morning and i had left my house around 7pm , my foundation and all my makeup WAS STILL FLAWLESS , there was no kiss marks on my cheeks from my cousin , no blotchyness , no hand prints or marks . I WAS IMPRESSED my makeup didn't budge!

So the only con about this product is that , you def should moisturize no matter how oily you are and you should also use a face mist spray , it brings the look together and gets rid of some of the white cast before you put your foundation on .

Overall this product is just amazing all around because it could be used as a great primer for your makeup , it can be used for health issues , Gas issues , Constipation issues , for helping discoloration and acne . Its a multi use product and definitely good to have in your house . ( i don't recommend getting any milk of magnesia that has a scent , GET THE ORIGINAL one without a scent if you plan on using it for your face , unless your going to use it for stomach issues then maybe the scent / flavored ones might be good to try .) . The price is only $6.99 for this product , it can be found in a grocery store around the pharmacy section or where the medical laxatives are & in stores such as walmart or wal greens , and might be in shoppers drug mart as well .

Popular Masks