October 25, 2014 | 897 users online

Masks - Milk of Magnesia Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kellyclaywoo

I use this product different than everyone else I guess. Instead of using it before foundation and concealer I use it after, before the powder. It goes on smoother. I only use it on my t-zone, maybe a little on my cheeks. It tries fast then I kinda flake it off by rubbing a little. Sometimes I dab some on my finger with dab of foundation, and smooth it on together.
It fills my acne scars and lines. It helps to cover what i want covered. It also has reduced my acne dramatically. I use it over night on any pimples I might have as well.
If your as fair as I am, you probably don't want to use it everywhere or not rub some off. Or you might look a little gostly.
* I buy the dollar tree version, last over a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Love this product as a face primer , its amazing!
for those who don't know this product goes on the face and drys as a slight white cast
however your foundation will take the white cast away ..

First i want to start off by talking about the cons of this product .

Using this product you will need other things to make it turn out amazing like a face mist spray and a good moisturizer .
The very first time i used this product , it was horrible because i thought since i have oily skin that i can just put this on without moisturizing and everything will be fine ( stupid i know lol ) , HOWEVER that was a huge mistake my foundation came out looking blotchy , dry , really matte and just stiff patchy looking . I DID NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL .

Then i had let my mom use it to try it out , because shes into makeup just as much as me , so when she tried it , HER MAKEUP CAME OUT FLAWLESS , literally flawless . I had asked her what she did , she said she ( moisturized her face with coco butter , put the milk of magnesia on , and then used a mist spray on her face and also sprayed her foundation brush / beauty blender as well , then followed up with her foundation routine and the rest of her makeup . ( shes has a normal skin type )

All i could think of is why didn't i try that . i'm so dumb lol .. ( i usually do moisturize before i prime and put foundation . smh )
so i decided to try the milk of magnesia AGAIN , this time i moisturized my face with a normal SPF moisturizer , applied the milk of magnesia with a cotton pad , sprayed my face with my elf mist spray , i used a damp beauty blender and applied the rest of my makeup / foundation . & My makeup had came out looking Gorgeous and just flawless . I ended up going out that night as well for my cousins birthday , we went to dinner , we were drinking , then hit the club , people had accidentally touched my face while i was dancing , sweating , my cousin kept giving me kisses on my cheek lol , it was a long fun night . I got home around 5am in the morning and i had left my house around 7pm , my foundation and all my makeup WAS STILL FLAWLESS , there was no kiss marks on my cheeks from my cousin , no blotchyness , no hand prints or marks . I WAS IMPRESSED my makeup didn't budge!

So the only con about this product is that , you def should moisturize no matter how oily you are and you should also use a face mist spray , it brings the look together and gets rid of some of the white cast before you put your foundation on .

Overall this product is just amazing all around because it could be used as a great primer for your makeup , it can be used for health issues , Gas issues , Constipation issues , for helping discoloration and acne . Its a multi use product and definitely good to have in your house . ( i don't recommend getting any milk of magnesia that has a scent , GET THE ORIGINAL one without a scent if you plan on using it for your face , unless your going to use it for stomach issues then maybe the scent / flavored ones might be good to try .) . The price is only $6.99 for this product , it can be found in a grocery store around the pharmacy section or where the medical laxatives are & in stores such as walmart or wal greens , and might be in shoppers drug mart as well .

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by CocoaSkinChi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I was in love with using MOM as a primer. My face was so matte and my makeup looked better than it ever had before. I began to use it....a lot. LOL. Sometimes I'd just use it and do my makeup so I could take a cute picture.

Low and behold....all good things come to an end. My face broke out like crazy. By crazy, I mean I got bumps on my cheeks, jawline and forehead. I can't blame this product 100% because it did happen after an extremely stressful event. However, I had gotten just as stressed months before using it without such an extreme breakout. Previous breakouts didn't bring me to signing up and leaving reviews on MUA lol.

Luckily, increasing my water intake and obsessing over my skin care regimen got my breakout under control in about 4 weeks. Now all I have to do is get rid of the hyperpigmentation.

I'm going to give this product another chance once I am 100% positive that I am on top of my skin care regimen. It is possible that that the product simply instigated a problem that already needed to be addressed....and oily skin which leads to clogged pores and blackheads is something that needs to be addressed. I've always had 1-2 pimples on my cheeks, jawline and occasionally the chin. I'd get maybe at most 4 pimples a year on my forehead and they would be small ones that popped easily on their own. After this product I had wayyyy more forehead pimples than normal and they were not the normal blackhead/whitehead type of plugs I get. They were more like zits with fluid instead of a plug. Thats why I attribute the breakout to Milk of Magnesia.

In short: i'm focusing on getting my oily skin under control. From there IF necessary and desperate I will use Milk of Magnesia at most 2x per month and will cleanse thoroughly.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by sosweetbee08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product in January 2014, once my friend recommended it as a great primer. I loved it and it seemed to eliminate the oil I normally experienced after a few hours of my makeup application. I'd used it for several months up until recently, I have noticed I am getting a pimple just about every week. I will admit I've been having some skin issues prior to this, but nothing like a huge pimple every week on my face. I also notice now my pores seem to be much larger. I started a new job in October and don't recall having pimples/pore issues all winter (maybe due to weather change) but HONESTLY I am starting to wonder if MoM is taking a toll on my skin?

I usually use this every single day under my makeup but now even after several hours (approx 5-8 hours, depending on what im doing) my makeup seems to not hold as well. After I finish my entire face, I usually apply a setting mist (the E.L.F. one is great).

I gave this product 3 lippies because it worked great in the beginning and seemed to make my face feel kind of nice, even without makeup I would sometimes wear it and it makes my skin feel "awake"... Maybe it was waking up those pimples, SMH. I will try to come back in a month or so to update this review, since as of TODAY I am not using this product on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by meredithtaylor

AMAZING!!! The only thing I have ever found that will keep my face matte the entire day, and I have super oily skin!! Plus it's so cheap and will last you a long, long time! MIRACLE PRODUCT FOR OILY SKIN !!! p.s. the best way to use it is apply a layer underneath makeup. It does leave a white cast but it comes off right when you start to put your face makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is literally the only product I've found thus far that can control my RIDICULOUSLY oily skin. I've tried just about everything but without it my makeup will melt right off. My skin would get oily within 30 minutes of wearing it so the fact that my makeup lasts all day is amazing. The first day I tried it, my friend complimented me on how nice my makeup looked.
Now, I wash my face, tone and moisturize first. Then I shake the MoM and spread a very thin layer on my cheeks and nose (as that is where I get most oily) and I let dry. It dries into a chalky white paint on my face so I use a primer to conceal my pores and not make my makeup look cakey on top of the MoM. I apply the rest of my makeup normally and the my make up is set for the rest of the day. Although I have heard bad things about using it every day, so I don't. Plus I think it's good to let the skin breathe every now and then. But it lasts forever and is the HG of oil control products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I very rarely use Milk of Magnesia as a primer; in the past half a year, I've used it two or three times. Long story short: Milk of Magnesia is believed to be one of the best things to "cure" oily skin or as a makeup primer. What that being said, I only use it if absolutely necessary. It's great if you're in a pinch & know you're going to need something serious. My skin in sensitive & it's acne-prone as it is… I don't like putting something so alkaline on my face too frequently.

*A lot of people (particularly beauty & makeup artists) like to pretend it isn't medicine & that it isn't intended to NEUTRALIZE STOMACH ACID. This is an antacid—a laxative. This is not by any means good for the skin & it can seriously damage your skin with the passing of time.

I obviously decided to give it a try because I'm a woman with sometimes very oily skin & being desperate for a "primer" that works & is long-lasting, I was willing to try. Despite all the amount of amazing reviews, I wasn't particularly impressed. It did last longer than real makeup primers, but not significantly so. I'm oily & greasy again in less than 5 hours.
I apply two coats with a disposable cosmetic sponge. I have to work slowly because I have dark skin & I'll have a white cast or white streaks on my skin if I don't apply it evenly to put too much on too fast. I don't apply a normal primer on top of this; I go straight to concealer/foundation. It did a nice job at making my skin matte, but again, this didn't last too much longer than any other primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Awesomeangelface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have stomach ulcers and for years there was nothing to help until i tried milk of magnesia. now i dont have that terrible pain that always kept me awake. so happy i found this

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

This was terrible on my oily skin.
I started to break out really bad everywhere it was applied.
Reviewers talk about it soaking up the oil and sure I felt like it was soaking it up alright....right up to the surface of my skin. It was like it was drawing the oil from my skin and making my skin even more oily than I was before which I thought was impossible.
The white cast this can leave is also another issue I can do without

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ShaShagirl87

this stuff is excellent under my makeup...because I have combo skin I pair this with a rich moisturizer and it leaves my skin velvety matte and not at all dry because of the moisturizer I use. so this combo primes my face pretty nicely...