September 22, 2014 | 1859 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I really, really like this cleanser. I have combination skin (oily to very oily in the T-zone, normal to slightly dry on the cheeks, depending on the season). After only two weeks of using this every day, my skin has noticeably improved - it looks smoother, clearer and brighter. I also think that my pores look smaller. I have been using Philosophy products for several years and was very happy with them, but they are expensive - this does the job at a much lower price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by lucyem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had been using Paulas Choice for years on my sensitive combo skin. The past year my face had gone downhill fast. Scars, lots of bumps, white heads under the skin, blackheads etc. PC's 2% BHA was doing nothing. I was diagnosed with Sebaceous hyperplasia on top of it all. One day I looked really closely in a magnifying mirror after cleansing and realized my PC cleanser was doing NOTHING. My pores were so clogged. I quickly looked on here for a decent cleanser I could buy locally and this product rated in the 80% would use again with a good number of reviews. Ran to the drugstore and picked it up that day. Washed my face once and the difference in that mirror was huge. Pores were actually clear! No wonder my face was going downhill, my cleanser was doing nothing and the BHA's were unable to help. I have been using this cleanser now for over a week. My face is clearing up a lot. Bumps I thought would never go away are clearing up. Little whiteheads are disappearing, even the ones under the skin. Blackheads are clearing up. I am very very pleased. I do have 2 cons. One is the smell. Kind of icky. But I can deal since the results are worth it. The other is that it is drying. I am careful to moisturize really well. But with my combo skin and moving into summer I expect that will not be an issue soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by car50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my problem : sehborrea dermatitis and acne ,since I remember ,confirmed until now . my routine day and night . cetaphil antibacterial soap ,rinse,deep clean oil free cream cleanser from neutrogena ,massage on face,neck,behind ears ,leave on for about 5 minutes,rinse, pat dry with a paper towel ,apply rapid clear 2 in 1 toner from neutrogena ,the orange one ,this is a strong toner ,that can be diluted ,damp a cotton pad with water ,then apply 8 to 10 drops ,you can use 2 or 3 cotton pads ,as needed ,let it dry ,then apply the 3rd step from proactiv ,let it dry ,then apply clean and clear dual action moisturizer . I hope this helps someone . I have oily/dry ,sensitive ,flaky skin .very sensitive ,reactive skin .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by vitasolei

My roommate recommended this product to me...It is seriously amazing. It's easy to be swayed be the fancier packaging but if you want a HG cleanser that actually does what it is supposed to YOU WANT THIS ONE! I have a cosmetology license which allows me to try all the best in the industry but none compares to this! Not even to mention the accessibility I got mine at target 5.29 whoo!! acne flareups no more! soft, supple skin and I swear it has def. helped fade the few acne scars I had left!
speaking to the complaints on this product:
obviously it's going to sting/taste bad if you get it in your eyes/mouth people come on.

it is absolutely wonderful for oily skin idk what that girl's talking about.

and its not supposed to lather!! its a CREAM cleanser!!! feel free if you wish to return to a sub-par cleanser just because it can lather!

I use it with that Japanese cloth salux! HG will never buy a different cleanser again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by christineo3

I was recommended to use this cleanser by my dermatologist about 4 or 5 years ago when my acne was really bad. I have combination skin with the odd pimple here or there. When my skin gets oily, it gets REALLY oily and this cleanser makes my skin feel completely refreshed and hydrated. This does not dry out my skin but I do pair it with my Neutrogena Combination Skin, Oil Free Moisturizer which I recommend. Honestly, I don't think I need to do much convincing because this is by far the best cleanser I have ever used. Plain and simple.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by samsungasong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very happy with this purchase.

I determine whether I like a cleanser by how I feel immediately after use, if my skin feels tight then the cleanser is too dry. This cleanser feels great on my skin & isn't drying.

It will be interesting to see how this product feels during summer yet it's perfect for the winter months.

During application I experienced what I thought was a stinging sensation & couldn't work out whether it was stinging or tingling as at times my skin can be a little sensitive. It ended up being a tingling refreshing menthol feel which I have grown to love.

For the price & size it certainly is good value. I will definitely purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always thought the more you pay the better you get, I've learned that Neutrogena makes some amazing products like this one. Not only is it easy to use and take off, it contains beta hydroxy(something essential for good skin). So stop using regular makeup cleansers and try to find one that does the most for your skin. It takes away dead skin, and goes deep into your pores, how many make up cleansers can say that?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by tmtm1980

I have been using this cleanser for at least 10 years! I stray from time to time but I always have this on hand and it has served me very well over the years. Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, not dry. My boyfriend likes to use this on his back and it really cleared up the blemishes and breakouts he used to suffer from. Great quality for the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

love it! i love cleansers that give a cool, tingly feeling when being washed off. it makes my face feel really clean and removes makeup better than philosophy's purity made siimple. i have combination skin (oily nose, dry skin everywhere else), and this wasn't too drying. i have severe acne, but it's mostly all gone flat and acne scars, and this did not cause any irritation or break me out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE! This cleanser would have been amazing if it didn't have any menthol in it! I hate menthol in cleansers! It burns and stings my face and just doesnt make my face feel clean at all! YUCK!

I wish they could make a cream cleanser for sensitive skin.. come on neutrogena!