Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

4.1

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance

on 4/29/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Firstly, I love this cleanser! I've been using it forever :)

I started using this to clean up my acne, and even though this cleanser doesn't specify it's for acne, I really think it is and that it may be too harsh/strong for people who don't have acne concerns and sensitive skin. My acne is pretty average, I don't get it that bad, thankfully, but when I did start breaking out, I picked up this and it really helped me out!
You can get this stuff almost anywhere, drugstores, walmart, etc. and it's super affordable, I can get it on sale for 7.99, not bad.
The smell isn't exactly fruit or floral or pleasant, but not unpleasant, just smells like face wash.
When my skin is really bad, I wash my face for about 30 seconds, then leave it on my skin, kind of like a mask, for another 30 seconds, I really like doing this because I think this lets the cleanser kind of focus and concentrate on getting into the skin. It definitely feels like a deep clean, so you get that tingly, harsh kind of sensation, and sometimes i'll only leave it on my face for an extra 15-20 seconds instead of 30 seconds. Rinsing it off after leaving it on for a while is a really great fresh and awakening sensation and my face feels nice and cool and clean afterwards. It can feel a but drying, but not a concern because I moisturize after. I use it daily, twice a day, and it works great for me.

Overall, this is a great, cheap cleanser that has a great amount of power !

on 4/21/2015 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I broke out with painful pimples on the sides of my cheeks and on my forehead after using this. It was harsh and drying on my skin. After I stopped using this and continued with my regular routine my skin went back to normal after a few weeks.

on 4/20/2015 11:53:00 PM

Love this cleanser! Use with my olay pro x :)

on 12/5/2014 9:44:00 PM

love this! it cleans well and doesn't leave my face tight and dry

on 10/16/2013 7:23:00 AM

I really, really like this cleanser. I have combination skin (oily to very oily in the T-zone, normal to slightly dry on the cheeks, depending on the season). After only two weeks of using this every day, my skin has noticeably improved - it looks smoother, clearer and brighter. I also think that my pores look smaller. I have been using Philosophy products for several years and was very happy with them, but they are expensive - this does the job at a much lower price.

on 4/9/2013 9:21:00 AM

I had been using Paulas Choice for years on my sensitive combo skin. The past year my face had gone downhill fast. Scars, lots of bumps, white heads under the skin, blackheads etc. PC's 2% BHA was doing nothing. I was diagnosed with Sebaceous hyperplasia on top of it all. One day I looked really closely in a magnifying mirror after cleansing and realized my PC cleanser was doing NOTHING. My pores were so clogged. I quickly looked on here for a decent cleanser I could buy locally and this product rated in the 80% would use again with a good number of reviews. Ran to the drugstore and picked it up that day. Washed my face once and the difference in that mirror was huge. Pores were actually clear! No wonder my face was going downhill, my cleanser was doing nothing and the BHA's were unable to help. I have been using this cleanser now for over a week. My face is clearing up a lot. Bumps I thought would never go away are clearing up. Little whiteheads are disappearing, even the ones under the skin. Blackheads are clearing up. I am very very pleased. I do have 2 cons. One is the smell. Kind of icky. But I can deal since the results are worth it. The other is that it is drying. I am careful to moisturize really well. But with my combo skin and moving into summer I expect that will not be an issue soon.

on 1/16/2013 3:29:00 AM

my problem : sehborrea dermatitis and acne ,since I remember ,confirmed until now . my routine day and night . cetaphil antibacterial soap ,rinse,deep clean oil free cream cleanser from neutrogena ,massage on face,neck,behind ears ,leave on for about 5 minutes,rinse, pat dry with a paper towel ,apply rapid clear 2 in 1 toner from neutrogena ,the orange one ,this is a strong toner ,that can be diluted ,damp a cotton pad with water ,then apply 8 to 10 drops ,you can use 2 or 3 cotton pads ,as needed ,let it dry ,then apply the 3rd step from proactiv ,let it dry ,then apply clean and clear dual action moisturizer . I hope this helps someone . I have oily/dry ,sensitive ,flaky skin .very sensitive ,reactive skin .

on 9/10/2012 11:58:00 AM

My roommate recommended this product to me...It is seriously amazing. It's easy to be swayed be the fancier packaging but if you want a HG cleanser that actually does what it is supposed to YOU WANT THIS ONE! I have a cosmetology license which allows me to try all the best in the industry but none compares to this! Not even to mention the accessibility I got mine at target 5.29 whoo!! acne flareups no more! soft, supple skin and I swear it has def. helped fade the few acne scars I had left!
speaking to the complaints on this product:
obviously it's going to sting/taste bad if you get it in your eyes/mouth people come on.

it is absolutely wonderful for oily skin idk what that girl's talking about.

and its not supposed to lather!! its a CREAM cleanser!!! feel free if you wish to return to a sub-par cleanser just because it can lather!

I use it with that Japanese cloth salux! HG will never buy a different cleanser again!

on 8/26/2012 11:51:00 PM

I was recommended to use this cleanser by my dermatologist about 4 or 5 years ago when my acne was really bad. I have combination skin with the odd pimple here or there. When my skin gets oily, it gets REALLY oily and this cleanser makes my skin feel completely refreshed and hydrated. This does not dry out my skin but I do pair it with my Neutrogena Combination Skin, Oil Free Moisturizer which I recommend. Honestly, I don't think I need to do much convincing because this is by far the best cleanser I have ever used. Plain and simple.

on 8/17/2012 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Very happy with this purchase.

I determine whether I like a cleanser by how I feel immediately after use, if my skin feels tight then the cleanser is too dry. This cleanser feels great on my skin & isn't drying.

It will be interesting to see how this product feels during summer yet it's perfect for the winter months.

During application I experienced what I thought was a stinging sensation & couldn't work out whether it was stinging or tingling as at times my skin can be a little sensitive. It ended up being a tingling refreshing menthol feel which I have grown to love.

For the price & size it certainly is good value. I will definitely purchase this product again.