November 28, 2014 | 848 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jekm2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So this is great. Not kinda good, not somedays when the stars align great but just great. First its cheap, second it doesn't really feel cheap (if you throw away the brush that came with it and use a highend one) it doesn't flake, doesn't bother my contacts and last longer than any other creme eyeliner I've used and the color is a nice black, not harsh and not dull just a nice shiny black. My problem with MACs blacktrack is that it really bothers my contacts and flakes. My problem with Bobbi Brown is that it smears. This does neither. I love highend makeup. If I'm going to put it on I want to feel excited and glamorous. However sometimes drugstore just fits the bill and somehow is a better product (depending on your needs and desires) so why not save the money and then spend the extra on something you can't find an inexpensive alternative to. The only negative I have is that it is hard to get off with some eyemakeup remover and I feel like I have to pull and worry about my already sparse eyelashes but MAC is like that too and I guess if it wasn't hard to get off I'd being complaining it didn't last.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by letsburnbridges

PROS: The product is super pigmented, creamy, and easy to use. Even though the pot is very small, it lasts you a very long time. That being said, another plus is that the eyeliner doesn't get all chunky after you've used it a few times like some cheap products. The brush that comes with the product is not a bad brush either. The eyeliner is super affordable even for a drugstore product - retails for about $4 at my local Target.

CONS: Eventually, the product does dry out, as any cream product naturally would. However, in my experience, this has only happened after having the product opened for a very long time, so it is definitely not an immediate concern.

FINAL THOUGHTS: This is a super affordable and easy-to-use product, especially for beginners who are trying to practice using cream eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by cgarcia5

This was the first gel eyeliner I had ever tried and purchased. I was looking for an eyeliner that can stay on my waterline and that was waterproof and that can last all day. This eyeliner does ALL that! It's so pigmented and applies so easily on my waterline. Although I didn't use the brush that came with it, I ended up using some other type of brush and it worked just as well. I will continue to buy this gel eyeliner it's very affordable and it does lasts awhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Full disclosure: I'm a klutz when it comes to eyeliner, and I also don't wear eye make up on a regular basis.

That said, I think this is a very good gel liner. As pointed out by the reviewer below, if you're shaky or messy, make sure you go slow and use baby strokes when applying because correcting the f*cker is damn near impossible, and not something you want to deal with in the morning if you're rushing somewhere. Dries fast and won't budge, which is a plus once you manage to get the line you were going for. I don't have particularly greasy eyelids, but if you do, I imagine using a good primer and this in combination will make the colour stay where you put it for over a day, no joke. This thing is STUBBORN.

I also like that it's very very black. I have black lashes and eyebrows, and this really defines my eyes. It dries super fast, and it doesn't flake. It's not the most matte liner out there, but it's not cheap looking glossy either. I enjoy the finish.

The texture is lovely, very smooth and it doesn't tug at your lids.

I throw out all my eye products 6 months after opening them (my parents are ophthalmologists and they've instilled in me an almighty fear of unhygenic products near my eyes), so I'm glad this is quite cheap. The packaging DOES suck, but I just cut out a small square of saran wrap and put that between the gel and the cap. It keeps my gel intact for the 6 months.

I only put that I wouldn't repurchase this product because of my recurring blepharitis (genetically predisposed + bad environment, has nothing to do with this liner) - I'd rather have healthy lids than highly defined eyes. When I do wear liner, I usually go with pencil and add a bit of shadow because I can make sure I remove 100% at night before washing my eyelids/eyelashes. If you have no health issues and enjoy gel liner, I recommend you this brand whole-heartedly! The price - quality ratio cannot be beat.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tend to favor liquid liners over gels or cremes, but I always like to have a creme or gel lying around-they work great for doing your waterline, & can be used to do a sharper winged look or smudged for a smokey look. This one is pretty impressive-very smooth, very pigmented, & seriously budge-proof. It dries & sets very quickly, so once it's on it's difficult to go back & correct it if you make any mistakes. So this can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it & your experience level. Though we all have bad eyeliner days just as we have bad hair days if you know what I mean. It does dry out sort of quickly though-that's the reason I wouldn't repurchase it, because being that it's not something I use on a regular basis, I'd rather have one that lasts a bit longer. And I have tried to reclaim it using several different methods, like the microwave or the glycerin, which just seemed to make this harder. But if you like the idea that it sets really fast, & it's something you'll use on a somewhat more regular basis, then I'd recommend giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know how I know when I come across a great gel liner? You can't get that sucker out of your liner brush(bathroom counter, clothes, etc) to save your life! Bulletproof staying power, crazy pigmented and creamy. In 80 deg summer weather, it didnt budge, melt, flake or fade - fantastic! I know some had trouble with the drying out and all, but when not in use, I place it topside down and so far, so good after almost 3 mos. When its like that, the moisture from the bottom goes to the top and voila! Eyeliner stays creamy. Anyway, not fond of the rounded bottom or the brush, so I use my ecotools angled liner brush. Got this gem from drugstore.com for $3.99; I probably could've found it in walgreens or cvs for cheaper, but I was lazy to be quite honest, lol. I know another drugstore brand gives WnW a run for their money, but this is my definite HG gel eyeliner. Rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff rocks. I switch back and forth between this and Maybelline's gel liner because they're both great. This makes drawing winged eyeliner SO much easier. I have it in the color "Little Black Dress" and it's definitely very black. It stays on all day too which I love.
I'm not a fan of the brush so I actually use the brush from the Maybelline gel liner.
I think I prefer this overall over Maybelline's because it's much more pigmented. Their 'charcoal' color isn't as black as this one is and I also find that it smears easier. Wet n Wild's is also cheaper. Definitely HG status for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by RainaVixen

it's pretty good, stays on all day' doesn't crisp off doesn't smudge that much but does smudge sometimes.. It's not bad for the price so i think it's definitely a bargain ! Would recommend this gel liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by LindaYAY

This product is like the little eyeliner that could. I bought it on a whim during a BOGO sale, and it surprised me in how well it worked. I'm in the process of finding the best drugstore cream/gel liner, and this is one of the front runners. This will last me all day (~16 hrs), with minimal smudging by the end. It's really pigmented, so if you're looking for a genuine dark black, I would recommend this to you.

Cons: The product is drier than other formulas I've found, and other reviewers have commented on this as well. I've repurchased this when my previous pot dried up, which seems wasteful. I wish I could use up the product before having to buy a new one. It can also make application tricky if you're not used to the drier formula. Also, I find the packaging to be cheap-looking and bulky.

All in all, if you can deal with the cons, this is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Makeuphoarding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Works great for its price! :)