October 31, 2014 | 1622 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Full disclosure: I'm a klutz when it comes to eyeliner, and I also don't wear eye make up on a regular basis.

That said, I think this is a very good gel liner. As pointed out by the reviewer below, if you're shaky or messy, make sure you go slow and use baby strokes when applying because correcting the f*cker is damn near impossible, and not something you want to deal with in the morning if you're rushing somewhere. Dries fast and won't budge, which is a plus once you manage to get the line you were going for. I don't have particularly greasy eyelids, but if you do, I imagine using a good primer and this in combination will make the colour stay where you put it for over a day, no joke. This thing is STUBBORN.

I also like that it's very very black. I have black lashes and eyebrows, and this really defines my eyes. It dries super fast, and it doesn't flake. It's not the most matte liner out there, but it's not cheap looking glossy either. I enjoy the finish.

The texture is lovely, very smooth and it doesn't tug at your lids.

I throw out all my eye products 6 months after opening them (my parents are ophthalmologists and they've instilled in me an almighty fear of unhygenic products near my eyes), so I'm glad this is quite cheap. The packaging DOES suck, but I just cut out a small square of saran wrap and put that between the gel and the cap. It keeps my gel intact for the 6 months.

I only put that I wouldn't repurchase this product because of my recurring blepharitis (genetically predisposed + bad environment, has nothing to do with this liner) - I'd rather have healthy lids than highly defined eyes. When I do wear liner, I usually go with pencil and add a bit of shadow because I can make sure I remove 100% at night before washing my eyelids/eyelashes. If you have no health issues and enjoy gel liner, I recommend you this brand whole-heartedly! The price - quality ratio cannot be beat.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tend to favor liquid liners over gels or cremes, but I always like to have a creme or gel lying around-they work great for doing your waterline, & can be used to do a sharper winged look or smudged for a smokey look. This one is pretty impressive-very smooth, very pigmented, & seriously budge-proof. It dries & sets very quickly, so once it's on it's difficult to go back & correct it if you make any mistakes. So this can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it & your experience level. Though we all have bad eyeliner days just as we have bad hair days if you know what I mean. It does dry out sort of quickly though-that's the reason I wouldn't repurchase it, because being that it's not something I use on a regular basis, I'd rather have one that lasts a bit longer. And I have tried to reclaim it using several different methods, like the microwave or the glycerin, which just seemed to make this harder. But if you like the idea that it sets really fast, & it's something you'll use on a somewhat more regular basis, then I'd recommend giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know how I know when I come across a great gel liner? You can't get that sucker out of your liner brush(bathroom counter, clothes, etc) to save your life! Bulletproof staying power, crazy pigmented and creamy. In 80 deg summer weather, it didnt budge, melt, flake or fade - fantastic! I know some had trouble with the drying out and all, but when not in use, I place it topside down and so far, so good after almost 3 mos. When its like that, the moisture from the bottom goes to the top and voila! Eyeliner stays creamy. Anyway, not fond of the rounded bottom or the brush, so I use my ecotools angled liner brush. Got this gem from drugstore.com for $3.99; I probably could've found it in walgreens or cvs for cheaper, but I was lazy to be quite honest, lol. I know another drugstore brand gives WnW a run for their money, but this is my definite HG gel eyeliner. Rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff rocks. I switch back and forth between this and Maybelline's gel liner because they're both great. This makes drawing winged eyeliner SO much easier. I have it in the color "Little Black Dress" and it's definitely very black. It stays on all day too which I love.
I'm not a fan of the brush so I actually use the brush from the Maybelline gel liner.
I think I prefer this overall over Maybelline's because it's much more pigmented. Their 'charcoal' color isn't as black as this one is and I also find that it smears easier. Wet n Wild's is also cheaper. Definitely HG status for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by RainaVixen

it's pretty good, stays on all day' doesn't crisp off doesn't smudge that much but does smudge sometimes.. It's not bad for the price so i think it's definitely a bargain ! Would recommend this gel liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by LindaYAY

This product is like the little eyeliner that could. I bought it on a whim during a BOGO sale, and it surprised me in how well it worked. I'm in the process of finding the best drugstore cream/gel liner, and this is one of the front runners. This will last me all day (~16 hrs), with minimal smudging by the end. It's really pigmented, so if you're looking for a genuine dark black, I would recommend this to you.

Cons: The product is drier than other formulas I've found, and other reviewers have commented on this as well. I've repurchased this when my previous pot dried up, which seems wasteful. I wish I could use up the product before having to buy a new one. It can also make application tricky if you're not used to the drier formula. Also, I find the packaging to be cheap-looking and bulky.

All in all, if you can deal with the cons, this is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Makeuphoarding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Works great for its price! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

For a drugstore liner this stuff rocks! I ran into CVS and they had WNW on sale buy 2, get 3rd free. I always like their lipsticks and am obsessed with the lip stain balm sticks so I browsed to see what caught my eye. I did find the 666 lip liner, which is hard to find and decided to try a shadow stick...what to buy for my third item? I saw this eyeliner and while I didn't care for the opaqueness of the other potted cream liner "Little Black Dress" I thought I would try this.

I was very impressed with the color, texture, wearability, application and most of all the price! I have been recently wearing the new UD potted eyeliner and love it, but I have to say that this gives it a run for the money at a fraction of the price. This applied easily, the color was opaque and didn't require multiple applications to darken, the dry down time was quick and it wears all day without smudging or fading. The texture is a tad more cream like than the UD, which is a cream/gel hybrid.

I also like the little pot, it is almost half of a sphere and actually sits upside down, which is the best way to store cream/gel liners and shadows, to prevent them from drying out quickly or separating. Definitely a quality bargain purchase and I will be looking for other colors and to grab a back-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by sandracruz

Very pigmented, applies smooth, lasts long. Budget friendly.

Still smudges with oily lids. Doesnt crack.

Even though I keep the lid tightly sealed, the product dried off quicker than i expected. And when it's past that time, it's hard to revive. I added drop of oil and barrier liquid, it turned lumpy.

Good for those who do eyeliners on a daily frequently basis. But for those who use it seldom, better find an eyeliner with a longer shelf life. Or, a cake eyeliner with sealer is your best bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so creamy and black. I use this in my kit and I don't feel guilty digging into it because it is so cheap. It feels just as creamy and good as my higher end gel eyeliners. But it does change texture after a month or 2 months but for the price I don't mind