July 31, 2014 | 1038 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by aoconnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I already have Nars blush in Orgasm, which is lovely but has a very slight shimmer so it's not an all-purpose blush for me. It serves me as more of a daytime or summer blush. So I bought Dolce Vita because the color jumped out at me amongst all the other seductive Nars blushes, it's just beautiful & sophistaicated. (I have fair skin, dair hair & green eyes & I find it suits my coloring.) I wear it with Nars Dolce Vita lipstick.

It's strongly pigmented so you only need a really small amount (careful!) which makes the price reasonable. I like the packaging, it's soft to the touch & easy to open. I love the combination of wearing Dolce Vita blush with Nars Laguna bronzer. I apply the blush after I've applied a setting powder so it distributed evenly over a dry surface. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first blush purchase from Nars didn't leave me disappointed. Although I was expecting Dolce Vita to be more pink, it still remains a true dusty rose as described on their website. Often times cheek colors vanish on deep dark skin, look ashy or just plain unflattering which isn't the case here. However, one must be careful applying this super pigmented blush gradual layering is recommended.

It's a matte neutral pink with mauve & SLIGHT coral tones. So sophisticated doesn't look clownish or immature giving my face a beautiful healthy flushed appearance.

The packaging is sleek & chick also. Whenever I see finger prints just wipe it with a dry towel & WOAH rubbery black case looks like new.

$27 dollars well spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by thisisnotindy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush is beautiful. It's a rosy color. I'm an NC25-30 and l like to wear this in the fall and winter. It looks very natural and has a natural sheen, no shimmer or glitter in this one like a lot of other Nars blushes.

The packaging is horrible though! Mine broke a month after I got it. The mirror and top is separated from the compact now.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great blush! Looks fabulous on rich/deep skin tones. This color would be a bit brash and muddy on olive to light skin tones though. The color is a deep rose and it gives you the perfect flush of color without looking overdone. Very sophisticated! This blush is super pigmented (as NARS blushes usually are) so a little goes a long way. I'm sure I will have this pan forever! This is definitely one of my go to shades any time of year!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this to the moon and back. On me, it's a natural flushed pink/rose glow. So, so pretty, I would choose this over all else in my collection as it just makes me feel gorgeous regardless of the season. I'm getting one for my daughter since she keeps "borrowing" it from me. Nc40 for reference. Plenty of color payoff even on medium+ olive skin tones without looking overdone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by LovesPromos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This blush gives a nice sophisticated color to your cheeks. I guess when I see this color I think of a "grown up" blush so it's more appropriate for work or add some more and it's great for a "date" night out. It's a rosy, brick red but on my olive/medium skin tone, it's gives a beautiful rosy red, brown color so I use it as somewhat of a contour. It's lovely and I recommend to those who are looking for a blush that isn't coral/peach/pink and is more "grown up." (Not saying its only for grown ups lol) it's beautiful so give it a try :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Abbieness

I like the quality and staying power. It applies well, and I don't notice any sparkle. I am pale with no rosiness in my cheeks naturally, have ivory undertones, and brown eyes and hair, nonpigmented lips. On my this color is rosy, leans toward red on me. Nice color to give me a flushed look. I use practically daily unless I need something more pink or coral or something more subtle, then I wouldnt use it. I think it is good quality overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I love Dolce Vita! This blush is such a pretty deep and natural matte pink, and I do think it works with most skintones (although maybe not if you are quite pale, since it may look more red if you have very light-colored skin). I actually found DV when I was trying out Orgasm at Sephora (bc we all know how hyped Orgasm is). However, I was quite disappointed at how orange Orgasm looked on me. So I saw Dolce Vita, tried it on, and it has been my daily brush for the past three years.

The cost is quite high at almost $30, but I seriously have used this blush almost daily for the last three years, and still have a lot of product left. This is mainly because the blush is very, very pigmented. Therefore, the product lasts for a long time, but you do need to be careful about putting too much blush on. I gently sweep my brush on the very top of the product without pressing the brush into the product at all, and that is sufficient. I also use a cheapie $7 blush brush and it works fine, also reflecting that this blush is very easy to use.

This blush is also great at how universal it is with various looks, day or night (although during the day, I try to put a bit less on).

The case is very durable, made with a rubber-like material. I have thrown this blush around in tons of purses and makeup bags, moved and lived in a bunch of places with it, and neither the container nor mirror nor the blush itself have cracked. Pretty awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my favorite blush ever and I can't live without it!

I can see why a lot of people would be put off by this, because the color doesn't look that great in the pan. NARS describes it as a matte dusty rose on their site, but I definitely see some strong reddish brown undertones as well. It's quite the dark blush, so many fair skinned girls may be put off.

Despite the dull, ruddy appearance in the pan, this is the single most gorgeous blush that I've ever seen when applied to my NC 40/42 complexion. It gives me a shockingly natural, flushed look. It just makes my face come alive and really mimics the look of the blood that rushes to the cheeks after working out! I can't praise this enough!

I do think that this blush would work best on tan to dark complexions. It's really the perfect natural rose blush for women with deeper complexions. I think this may look a bit "muddy" or "dirty" on fair women, but I have yet to experiment with it on my fair friends lol. I will update when I do!

I own a multitude of blushes and this is the one that I reach for most often. NARS, you've done it again!

BTW- This goes beautifully with the Victoria's Secret Face Flash Radiant Cream Highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by kitterz83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am fair skinned and this blush, while being beautiful, is a bit dark. It is a darker cranberry pinkish color. Kind of hard for me to explain.

Unlike other Nars blushes - it isn't as soft as the others. It is a matte color - so it has no sparkle or shimmer to it.

It applies very sheer. But you can build it up to the color you want. Although I would use it lightly on fair skin tones. It would be beautiful on darker skin tones.

The packaging is nice though - but does collect dirt easily.