October 24, 2014 | 835 users online

Loose Powders - Vichy - Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great setting powder and completes my face

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very acne prone skin. I use both the Vichy dermablend foundation and setting powder. Works awesome. The foundation kind of has a natural glowy finish that I tone down with this powder. Great at increasing the longevity of your foundation. Note that I have EXTREMELY oily skin. I use a mineral powder brush. The packaging does suck. It's very hard to get out and very hard to keep from getting everywhere. I've tried the makeup forever hd powder. This is definitely chalkier but just as effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by cheyette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I was skeptical that this product would make my overall finished makeup look last any longer.

I follow the instructions exactly by putting concealer on first, (the Vichy Dermablend Corrective one) and then using the puff to pat a lot of powder over the area to set and leave it for 2 minutes.

I already had a good quality puffy fan brush that I can gentle sweep away the setting powder with. For additional colour, I use my own powder on top of that for color since this translucent powder is white (no other colors available for the setting powder).

I wore this to the gym and didn't touch the spot that I had set and it lasted through a one hour class of exercise, got gross and seating doing cardio and the area I used with the setting powder lasted even after the class.

So, by gentle rubbing the spot area set by the powder lasts longer generally, but as with all makeup with vigorous rubbing, it's gonna rub right off, of course.

Overall, this product does what it honestly advertises to do which is make your makeup last longer, water resistant and smudge resistant. It's made in france and listed as: "Allergy-tested. Tested on sensitive skin. Paraben-free and fragrance-free. Non-comedogenic, Non-acnegenic" which I appreciate, but it's a bit pricier (around $30 at Shoppers Drug Mart).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by mackeenzieee

I love how finely milled this powder is, and how well it seems to protect my makeup from transfer onto clothing (the only except is when you put on a tight sweater or shirt and it rubs up on your face, otherwise, no transfer from hugging). I heavily apply this with a big, fluffy powder brush after I've completed my face (including foundation, blush, contour, bronzer, highlight, etc) and then wait a minute or so and dust off the excess. There is never any white cast left by the powder, and it keeps my makeup in place all day. The only issue I have is the packaging - I feel like because the powder is so finely milled, it doesn't come up from the holes in an easy way. I close the lid and shake the powder to bring some up, and it's never the amount I want, so I tend to swirl my brush into the lid to remove the excess that will fall off the brush as I am moving it toward my face (if this is making any sense...). Otherwise, this product is great!! I'm curious to try the regular "Dermablend Professional" setting powder in the States (without the Vichy branding) to see if there's any difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by sehartley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As I'm quite tan my first thoughts were "its very white!" But on my skin its such a fine powder it blends to look completely clear.fab. I've heard they do a few different coloured loose powders.i wouldn't bother with those.buy this! It will match you all year round!

I use it on top of my Vichy dermablend foundation in gold 45 (see review)
I only need a little on my flat top powder brush and I gently buff that all over my face.my skin feels so smoothed afterwards.this isn't just a regular powder, it has specific skin benefits.

The tub has the usual holed sifter. ive only cut part off the sticker off so three holes are used.as you only need to use a small amount of powder each time.it comes with a puff (handy for the odd touch up in summer) and it has 28g of product!!!! Considering the average powder is around 9g or 10g that's awesome.makes it very economical.
It will last me through many foundations. If this could be made perfect Vichy would do this in a pressed powder format!! Just to reduce mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by SleepyHeadphones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Sucks the bag. It makes my makeup cakey which is NOT the purpose of a bloody setting powder. I used the powder puff and followed the instructions but I found doing so a huge mistake then tried using a powder brush but that didn't help either. Might as well buy baby powder for cheap cuz that works way better than this crap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I genually LOVE Dermablend. BUT, seriously, companies should start respect customers' intelligence: list of ingredients - Talc, Methylparaben.
We might as well buy our setting powder in a baby isle for 1/5 of the price.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

best translucent powder I've found to set my makeup all day. I use it on top of my Clinique stay matte oil free foundation and the Vichy Dermablend Concealer stick on my blemishes. I follow the directions by doing a (fairly heavy) all over powder with the puff it comes with, let it sit for 2 mins while I do my eyeshadow, and then lightly dust off the excess with a big powder brush. My makeup stays all day, the concealer doesn't slide off my blemishes like it used to, and my oily skin is more under control than with other powders I have tried. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by makeupobsessed98

Must have product!! This product does exactly what it says and keeps me matte all day when uses in conjunction my a foundation that works with your skin type. You can use alone, as a touch up or over top of foundation. Although the white color looks scary at first, it's totally translucent and works well with any skin tone. Comes a little pad but can also be used with a brush. Is a little pricey but definitively worth it because of the quality and lasts a long time. This setting powder is great for normal, combination or oily skin. However it is extremly mattifying so you may want to apply a highlighter to add more of a natural glow. For normal or dry skin I wouldn't recommend this product and would suggest to go for a product to give a more natural dewy look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dont 'get' this stuff. I have tried applying it with both a brush and with a puff and I just cant see the benefit. It makes me look very white ( and i am NC15!) and it doesnt hold the oilies off any better than a normal powder does.