Vichy Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Talc, methylparaben( /- May contain, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron )

on 9/18/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It's a really good powder for setting makeup and leaves a smooth natural finish (has an SPF too)!. I would recommend this more for normal/oily skins; since if you already have dryness this will probably make your face look a lot drier. I don't think this leaves a white mark on my face (despite the look of the powder) when applied sparingly and with a brush (not the enclosed puff).

The packaging is sturdy. I tend to tip some powder into the lid and swirl my brush in it, removing the excess. Pretty easy. Although if you were doing your makeup in a rush this may be a bit annoying. Not very travel friendly either. It works well with the Vichy dermablend foundation but I hate that foundation's orange glow and caked appearance (i'm very pale); this powder seems to help a LOT to make that foundation more wearable. But this product can be used with any foundation/concealer combo I'm sure.

Overall, I love the way this makes my face look smooth and matte. It is definitely one of the best powders I have used (pretty pricey but worth it in my opinion). The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it is because I hardly use it since my face is very dry at the moment and I can't use it when my face is dry.

on 8/29/2015 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Finally found my holy grail powder! This powder does exactly what it claims to do an even more!

First of all, I have oily skin, with enlarged pored and I sweat like crazy in summer.

I use Clinique Stay-matte foundation or the Anti-blemish foundation depending on the day with the Vichy Dermablend powder and my make-up stays flawless and on my face all day long. It keeps my skin matte for at least 6 hrs without blotting, it resists sweat like a miracle, it covers my pores quite well and sets concealer perfectly without letting it sink into fine lines. It has a nice natural finish if applied correctly, to much can be chalky.

The packaging is not travel friendly since it's big, but I put some in a smaller loose powder container and I carry it always with me! The price is nothing compared to the amazing results, I only paid 18 € (20 USD approx.) on sales. Probably the best powder for me out there!

on 2/5/2014 12:53:00 PM

This is great setting powder and completes my face

on 7/13/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have very acne prone skin. I use both the Vichy dermablend foundation and setting powder. Works awesome. The foundation kind of has a natural glowy finish that I tone down with this powder. Great at increasing the longevity of your foundation. Note that I have EXTREMELY oily skin. I use a mineral powder brush. The packaging does suck. It's very hard to get out and very hard to keep from getting everywhere. I've tried the makeup forever hd powder. This is definitely chalkier but just as effective.

on 6/21/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

At first I was skeptical that this product would make my overall finished makeup look last any longer.

I follow the instructions exactly by putting concealer on first, (the Vichy Dermablend Corrective one) and then using the puff to pat a lot of powder over the area to set and leave it for 2 minutes.

I already had a good quality puffy fan brush that I can gentle sweep away the setting powder with. For additional colour, I use my own powder on top of that for color since this translucent powder is white (no other colors available for the setting powder).

I wore this to the gym and didn't touch the spot that I had set and it lasted through a one hour class of exercise, got gross and seating doing cardio and the area I used with the setting powder lasted even after the class.

So, by gentle rubbing the spot area set by the powder lasts longer generally, but as with all makeup with vigorous rubbing, it's gonna rub right off, of course.

Overall, this product does what it honestly advertises to do which is make your makeup last longer, water resistant and smudge resistant. It's made in france and listed as: "Allergy-tested. Tested on sensitive skin. Paraben-free and fragrance-free. Non-comedogenic, Non-acnegenic" which I appreciate, but it's a bit pricier (around $30 at Shoppers Drug Mart).

on 5/30/2013 1:12:00 AM

I love how finely milled this powder is, and how well it seems to protect my makeup from transfer onto clothing (the only except is when you put on a tight sweater or shirt and it rubs up on your face, otherwise, no transfer from hugging). I heavily apply this with a big, fluffy powder brush after I've completed my face (including foundation, blush, contour, bronzer, highlight, etc) and then wait a minute or so and dust off the excess. There is never any white cast left by the powder, and it keeps my makeup in place all day. The only issue I have is the packaging - I feel like because the powder is so finely milled, it doesn't come up from the holes in an easy way. I close the lid and shake the powder to bring some up, and it's never the amount I want, so I tend to swirl my brush into the lid to remove the excess that will fall off the brush as I am moving it toward my face (if this is making any sense...). Otherwise, this product is great!! I'm curious to try the regular "Dermablend Professional" setting powder in the States (without the Vichy branding) to see if there's any difference.

on 3/20/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

As I'm quite tan my first thoughts were "its very white!" But on my skin its such a fine powder it blends to look completely clear.fab. I've heard they do a few different coloured loose powders.i wouldn't bother with this! It will match you all year round!

I use it on top of my Vichy dermablend foundation in gold 45 (see review)
I only need a little on my flat top powder brush and I gently buff that all over my skin feels so smoothed afterwards.this isn't just a regular powder, it has specific skin benefits.

The tub has the usual holed sifter. ive only cut part off the sticker off so three holes are you only need to use a small amount of powder each comes with a puff (handy for the odd touch up in summer) and it has 28g of product!!!! Considering the average powder is around 9g or 10g that's awesome.makes it very economical.
It will last me through many foundations. If this could be made perfect Vichy would do this in a pressed powder format!! Just to reduce mess.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Sucks the bag. It makes my makeup cakey which is NOT the purpose of a bloody setting powder. I used the powder puff and followed the instructions but I found doing so a huge mistake then tried using a powder brush but that didn't help either. Might as well buy baby powder for cheap cuz that works way better than this crap.

on 2/8/2013 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I genually LOVE Dermablend. BUT, seriously, companies should start respect customers' intelligence: list of ingredients - Talc, Methylparaben.
We might as well buy our setting powder in a baby isle for 1/5 of the price.

on 2/8/2013 1:42:00 AM

best translucent powder I've found to set my makeup all day. I use it on top of my Clinique stay matte oil free foundation and the Vichy Dermablend Concealer stick on my blemishes. I follow the directions by doing a (fairly heavy) all over powder with the puff it comes with, let it sit for 2 mins while I do my eyeshadow, and then lightly dust off the excess with a big powder brush. My makeup stays all day, the concealer doesn't slide off my blemishes like it used to, and my oily skin is more under control than with other powders I have tried. Will repurchase.

Recommended for Normal Skin