Vicco Turmeric-WSO

4.1

Active Ingredients: Turmeric 16%, Sandalwood oil .5% Cream Base: Stearic acid, Sorbitol, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Just for the record, i use the version with sandalwood oil which i think is a perfect combination with turmeric. And i have oily skin!
Being of indian descent, i heard about this cream, watched my grandmother swear by this and watched all the ads growing up but i never thought to try it as it always seemed far-fetched that a cream so cheap could have such profound effect on the skin. But now, all i can say is "do not despise the small, humble things that seem insignificant"
To give you a quick background, i have oily skin that tends to be dull, have the occasional zit and dark marks from old pimples. I picked the version with sandalwood on a recent vacation to India as it just felt nostalgic. I used it for the whole time i was there which was about 3 weeks and have continued to use it after leaving. So now after 1.5 months of consistent use i can finally give a fair, unbiased review! yay!
This stuff works! I noticed very quickly that my skin felt soft and had a glow upon immediate use. However, as time went on, i noticed my dark marks fading off, my skin got more even, the one painful pimple i had shrunk and disappeared without a trace in a week. Now, with continued use, my skin is glowing and i look fresh and radiant without the need for much makeup.
I must say though, it can be a little drying. I use a few drops of hyaluronic acid lotion before applying this and it balances my skin out perfectly. The version with sandalwood oil feels alot more nourishing and works better in my opinion.
You just have to use it consistently and continuously to see the effects.
Ok now to get to the biggest complaint...the smell. Its not my fave but after a while you kind of get used to it and it doesn't really bother you. It fades off after a while anyway. Even if you hate it, mask it with some nice smelling lotion or something because it will be worth it!!
I'm so so glad i acted on a whim and bought this. Will def keep on using it. No more chemically loaded creams for me!

I use this as a facial moisturizer and it helps with both acne and redness. People with severe cystic acne may want to avoid this or consider only using it as spot treatment as it tends to have a "drawing" effect, meaning it brings the pimple to a head. The smell is also wonderful! Sandalwood and turmeric have long been known to be helpful for troublesome skin!

on 12/27/2014 7:47:00 PM

You can buy tumeric skin cream online at the Vietnamese store .com for $2.00 .
At this price well worth trying for yourself ..
I myself have only just started using it & would advise just using it of a night because of yellowing associated with tumeric but at this stage can say extremely happy with it .

on 12/11/2014 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This has reduced the size of the few spots on my cheek, so I have high hopes for it. I also use a turmeric and milk mask once a week, so I'm hoping I'll see results soon. I LOVE the matte finish, it's great as my skin is combination.

I also have a lot of spot scarring, which hasn't been able to be removed with lemon and the garnier dark spot corrector so I hope that decreases with time but I'll update in due course.

UPDATE (15./12/14): I've been using this for five days and I've been able to see a difference. The spots have greatly reduced in size and redness. However, I've been extremely pleased with the effect on the other side of my face (cheeks) which had spot scarring and didn't seem to suffer from spots quite as much. The scars are fading, which is amazing because literally nothing worked on them.This cream is so convenient it's amazing and I've really come to like the smell. The only thing that's irritating, although not that much, is that I can't find this in any of my local Indian grocery stores so I've ordered online from Amazon for 7.99. This cream is really worth it and the results I've seen have convinced me to stick with it. Will update once more when I've seen a lot less scarring.

on 10/11/2014 10:48:00 PM

I first used this product as a teenager and it broke me out so I stopped. Now I am in my 30's and I have tried so hard to get a mattyfying cream but couldn't since I have oily; acne prone, sensitive and rosacea skin type.

My skin now is so calm with this product & I am soo happy...It cleared up my skin, works well under my makeup, and it helps with my hyperpigmentation.

I personally love the smell, and finds it very calming. Would definitely recommend it based on my experience.

on 5/8/2014 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been suffering from acne from last 3 years and they are cyctic in nature. I have tried the most expensice treatments including visits to Dermatologist. After reading the reviews on MuA I skeptically tried this cream. Its exactly two weeks and I cant believe the miracle I am witnessing. I use it as spot treatment -morni g and night. In the night I combine this cream with Avene Triacneal. Just dab it as soon as you notice a breakout..and witness the change.I highly recommend this cream. What has also helped me is Homeopathy. Overall along with my Homepathy is this.

on 3/19/2014 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

PURPOSE FOR USE: Evening skin tone and diminishing some small acne spots on cheeks.

I've just started using this and I'm very impressed so far. It doesn't irritate my sensitive/highly reactive skin at all, in fact, my skin appears calmer and my concealer that I wear all over my face looks much nicer over this.

The scent is a strong floral fragrance that I initially made me apprehensive because my face doesn't like fragrance, but this hasn't caused any problems, which is great!

I purchased mine from eBay.

I will update soon, but so far, so good!

***************************17TH APRIL 2014**************************
I don't use this, it did absolutely nothing for me. It just made my face dry and tight. Might be better if you have oily skin and want a good matte cream for under your make-up.

on 7/13/2013 2:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this because of the rave reviews, and because of the benefits of the turmeric for the skin which I can't use because I'm too fair and it leaves a yellow staining on my skin.. so I thought I would give this a go...

First I like the texture of the cream, it almost has the same texture as margarine but when applied to the skin leaves a non greasy, matte look.

I used this for two days, and have decided to discontinue using it, because of 2 main reasons.

The smell is unbearable and is VERY strong. It doesn't seem to fade as well. I can't really put my finger on it but I can smell a hint of rose water (on it's own is wonderful) but it's mixed with something else which doesn't go to well. I read some reviews some people attributed the smell to turmeric but I'm Arabic and turmeric is a staple in many of our rice dishes, and it smells nothing like it. Some others say it's because of the sandal wood oil, and unless sandalwood oil has a very strong scent which overrides the turmeric (which on its own has a very distinguishable heavy smell to it and its extract [with the smell or not?]comprises of 16% of the cream in comparison to 0.5% of sandalwood oil) then I can't see how it could smell of sandalwood oil more so than turmeric. Either way I'm not a fan of whatever fragrance it is.... neither is whoevers accompanying me (yes, it's that strong)

I also have a feeling it doesn't really absorb well into the skin, like it sits on the skin as a powder would and when you spray a mist the smell is ever so present...

Anyway the second reason why I wont use this is because of the harmful ingredients it contains. I have recently become more health conscious of what I am putting on my skin, and this cream includes Methyl Paraben Sodium and Propyl Paraben... which when absorbed by the skin enter the bloodstream with no filtering, unlike consuming something where the stomach acids work to filter it. Had I found a miracle product that works well with me but contains these ingredients I would use it but would look to switch to a more natural product which would give the same results. But the main deal breaker is that no where on the packaging or tube itself it mentioned the ingredients which I feel is a little misleading, false advertisement of being a natural Ayurvedic herbal remedy but far from it.

So to me it wasn't worth it. I will not purchase this again.

on 5/5/2013 7:40:00 PM

I'm really surprised this product isn't more popular. After having success with a turmeric and yogurt face mask in brightening and evening my skin and diminishing clogged pores, I was looking for a skincare product of some kind that contained turmeric, since the mask wasn't convenient enough to use in my regular skincare regimen and stained my skin and towels. At night, I apply Vicco's cream all over my face after washing with my clarisonic (with Himalaya neem & turmeric cleanser), and after it dries, I use jojoba oil to moisturize. I have noticed my skin is incredibly smooth, blackheads and clogged pores reduced, and somewhat more even skin tone. A few times I had pimples healing, I did think that they seemed to heal faster while I was using this. The smell is very strong and may turn some people off. I personally don't find it particularly unpleasant, but it is very odd and distinctive. While I paid way more than I think I needed to for this cream (it was hard to find), online it is possible to pay very little for it. I definitely would rebuy, because I think this is really a multi-use product, being a spot treatment and tone enhancer in one.

on 12/30/2012 4:05:00 AM

Pros:
Relatively cheap
Gives Oily/combo skin a nice matt feel after washing
Keeps pimples, hyper-pigmentation and other skin blemishes at bay
Lasts a long time
Easy use dispense from the tube
..And I'm not too sure but I think it is Natural product. In any case it's quite close because its Ayurvedic.

Cons:
Can be tough to find if you aren't close to any Indian/Arabic/North African convenience stores or outlets
Smell can be off putting to some (does diminish with use and doesn't linger on skin too much)
Can make you go yellow if you dab on too much. This will only be an issue if you are pale skinned.

Overall it's my go to moisturiser. I will not use anything else... EVER!

Popular Treatments (Face)