Rimmel Spark It Up! Gleaming Eye Darkening Liner in Black Gold

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/10/2012 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using for years. Get compliments every time. Brings our brown eyes better than any other eyeliner I've tried. MAC's Uniform is similar but not as good. Would repurchase but have scoured many stores and can't find it. If you see it, purchase a backup pencil too- you will be glad you did.

I'm glad my review can uphold the 100% Buy Again reputation for this liner! It is a very good liner from Rimmel. Lemme start that it is a very smooth product, hardly waxy at all. Applying it is very easy. It is also very pigmented, with a black-brown-gold color and the occasional speck of glitter. It looks very natural when used on the bottom lashline for me, because it highlights my eye and makes me look more awake, plus the color is slightly lighter than brown. It looks really nice if you want a more natural liner look. If you think this is one of those seriously glittery gold ones, hellz no! This is the wearable gold color that people have been searching for. The staying power is okay, though I have smudged it before. It has a good price of $6, and you get a good amount of pencil. So it is a great value for the cost- just look at everyone else's reviews if you don't believe me!

on 7/13/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner.. I have them in all the colors and love the way they make my eyes pop! The only thing I dont like is that it smears easy, so I only wear on top!

on 2/3/2012 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Gorgeous! I went to Target and found this gem in the Rimmel counter unfortunately this was a last piece, they were all out of this color. Ironically as the name suggests 'Black Gold' there is no black in it at all!. It is a shimmering deep golden/olive. I really liked it though. I paid 5$ and some cents at Target. Must try if you find it at any Rimmel counter or see if u can find it online.
Another color in the same line to check - Tiger's Eye
EDIT - THIS IS A DUPE FOR LAURA MERCIER'S EYELINER 'BLACK GOLD' (which is for 20$!)

on 1/18/2012 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this liner. It goes on smooth without tugging and the color is fantastic. It's not black, it's a deep olive with shimmer, not sparkle. The color goes on easy and true with one stroke. I will definitely repurchase if it doesn't get discontinued.

on 3/20/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The Spark it up line of eyeliners are very soft, come in gorgeous dark metallic colours, and are easily removable. In my case, the "easily removable" part is probably a plus, though I have to reline throughout the day. Black gold is a dark bronze.

Unfortunately, these liners are difficult to sharpen.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

This product with a green-black with golden shimmer in it. Very sultry and smoky. I love using this instead of my black when I'm doing more bronzey or golden looks because it's less severe and ties it all in together. It lasts well enough over shadow(powder) but on its own, with no base, it smudges and seemingly evaporates. I will repurchase because of its unique shade and gorgeous color. I also love it as a lighter base. Primer, a smudge of this pencil, and a shimmery dark shadow and voila!

on 9/18/2010 6:51:00 AM

This liner has a great color. It works on me. I am older (38) with hooded eyes and can not wear black. Black makes my eyes look small and closed. I saw this opened the cap and had to try it. I am glad I did. On my it looks gold with a hint of green. I have no problems with this making my eyes look like I got beat up. lol

on 9/6/2010 4:52:00 PM

Love this color!! It's shimmery and glides on smoothly. I also like that it doesn't look harsh, it's very subtle so it's a great alternative to my usual black eyeliner. Recommended!

on 8/20/2010 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I don't understand the claim of "eye darkening". It's a good eyeliner though, unique color, which was the appeal for me. Also, FYI, it's not "black" at all, the name "black gold" is a misnomer. It's like olive with gold sparkle.