Rimmel 60 Seconds in Green with Envy

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is nearly turquoise but more on the green side. Its really glossy and intense colour. Great. Personally prefer a colour that is very similar but a bit bluer - sorry I cant remember the name.

on 6/24/2013 4:59:00 AM

Such an amazing color! Though it gives color with one coat, I always use two coats. Really does dry in 60 minutes and doesn't chip easily.

on 12/31/2012 4:14:00 PM

This is such an amazing colour! It really does dry in 60 seconds, and it even works with just one coat, for me, although two is better. I don't really understand where the complaints are coming from, because this was one of my favourite nail polishes of all time, and it started my obsession with teal and all related colours.

It dries fast, and lasts pretty well for the speed that it dries. This is one of only two nail polishes I truly plan to purchase again. Mine is thick now, because I painted my phone case with it so it was open for entirely too long, but initially it went on really smoothly and I had no problems with it whatsoever.

on 12/4/2012 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Pros:
+Gorgeous colour, an emerald-to-teal blue-green. In some light, it's more green, but in other light, it's much more blue, so something like a light teal or turquoise colour.

+Nice finish, doesn't show a lot of brush marks like some metallic/frosted polishes do.

+Sufficient coverage in two coats; for fully opaque, you really need three, but I was happy with two (I'm not that fussy about the opacity).

+Not particularly expensive.

Cons:
-I don't know under what circumstances this dries in 60 seconds. It took considerably longer to dry. Possibly it was related to the base coat I used (which was entirely dry when I applied the Rimmel), but in any case, the 60-seconds thing was a complete non-starter.

-Polish remained tacky/smudgable/dentable for quite some time, unfortunately.

Neutrals:
*Some people don't like the brush in this, but I found it perfectly fine to use. The brush is wide, flat, with rounded tip, so it's easy to fit to the curve of the cuticle.

If you're looking for a very pretty, bright blue-green shimmer and you don't actually need the polish to dry quickly (or you use a good quick-dry top coat), this is a great option, especially as it's not too expensive.

on 10/24/2012 8:16:00 AM

Slightly more watery than the other 60 second polishes I own and for some odd reason this is the only one I own with the awful skinny brush. Its just awful.
Having said that the colour is pretty and I only paid 89 pence for it, I found I need four coats for full opaqueness. I have worn it a few times now and always get compliments when I do wear it so its a keeper, just wish they would change the awful brush.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Firstly, this is a really lovely colour and very true to what the container shows. The brush is fantastic as well. I find it really hard to get enough polish, without getting too much or too less, with those really thin brushes so this brush is a dream for applying the polish. I've heard reviews on this product not having 60 seconds drying as it says, but I find if I add a decent coat (or even a thin one), that the first coat definitely dries in 60 seconds. The second coat usually takes longer, but for me it dries much quicker than other brands of nail polish that I have. I've also heard that because of the quick drying time, the polish clumps up on application. This only happens if you use too many strokes of the brush on the nail. You do have to be quick and it is a bit of a pain, but if you use the technique of 3 strokes (left side of the nail, middle and right side of the nail) it works perfectly. I haven't had the polish for a year yet and it is already thickening up in the bottle.

Overall, I think this is a decent product that does work if you use the right techniques, although it is a bit of pain and I don't think I'd re-purchase.

on 6/7/2011 1:53:00 PM

First of all j'accuse! to the 60 seconds promise. There's simply less pigment in the formula which means it takes less time to dry, but if I have to paint on three coats intstead of two and wait for each coat to dry completely inbetween to avoid streaking then you haven't actually saved me any time at all. In fact, Rimmel's 60 second formula ends up taking longer than polishes that do not promise to do anything other than to color your nails.
As for the color, I am a fan, I bought the polish in the first place because I wanted the color that Rimmel has named "Green with Envy"--a name I find odd since the color is barely green at all, teal at the very least. I name creative laziness the culprit of this unimpressive, inaccurate color title and, yes, the name of your nail polish does matter. It's part of the nail polish package. A good name makes a good color look better and "Green with Envy" is just a worn-out cliche that doesn't even describe what's in the bottle or currently on my toes.
This polish is a little matte for my taste so I glossed over it with a blue glitter topcoat, which is a lot of fun, though a little tacky, I'll admit.
My final gripe with this product is the supposed 1 second application brush with a flattened stick. I hate it. The odd shape of the applicator causes the already substandard formula to streak like crazy and I imagine is a nightmare for people with those little ridges in their nails.
All in all, I will not be purchasing Rimmel nail polishes in the future.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Looks GREAT with my skin tone, tan/olive, get lots of compliments. Need to apply 2 coats to get the color to really pop and a top coat to make it shiny. It stays pretty well, and drys well. Will buy again.

on 8/11/2010 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is such a gorgeous green against my olive/tan skin. Would recommend to others who have tanned/darker skin, but i think it would also siut those who want to try a green polish that's not too bright! I have about 10 different shades in the 60 second polish as i have found they are so quick to dry and last really well. Also value for money is very very good!

on 6/10/2010 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really want to say I'd buy this product again because the color is gorgeous. However, there are too many flaws to overlook when I have a whole stash of other polishes that blow this out of the water, quality-wise. First, I may have an old bottle or crappy batch because the formula is really thick on first coat. It definitely takes longer than 60 seconds to dry so I suggest you treat it like a typical polish, in that respect. Make sure you leave plenty of time between coats. It streaks something awful, even after two coats and I find myself adding a third coat to compensate. The wear is OK. I have a couple other colors that I bought on clearance at Target so I will have to try those out and compare. Having a hard time recommending these.