September 16, 2014 | 1656 users online

Conditioner - Weleda - Rosemary and Ginger Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love this conditioner.

It leaves my hair looking healthy and shiny. It is an amazing product which I use daily.
I have seen definite improvement in the texture of my hair.

I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2009 8:04:00 AM More reviews by lammtron

As for the shamppo, although I loved the previous Rosemary range the new Rosemary and Ginger conditioner is just not much cop. It's not as bad as the shampoo but still leaves my hair fluffy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by crihai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't quite get the rating of the previous reader, since the review is positive ;) Anyway, this is one of my faves, it does the job perfectly well, but nothing can compare to my Aubrey Organics swimmers normalizing conditioner (I also like a lot lot lot the Akin avocado and calendula). I would recommend it though mostly to fine hair, it might not be rich enough for coarse hair. For my fine colored dry long hair is gives the perfect amount of moisture when my hair is not too damaged. I am not that keen on the shampoo, has a texture that does not cling very well to hair. It's not bad, too drying or anything, but I do not take pleasure in using it, it is too complicated for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

The new version of Weleda's classic Rosemary Conditioner. Thumbs up. Great stuff: above all, leaves hair looking and feeling gorgeous; in great condition; and softer, thicker, and stronger than with any other conditioner I'd used recently. Perfect on normal, untreated, thick, fine hair. Contains lots of coconut-based cetearyl alcohol and jojoba oil (full ingredients list at end of review).

Packaging has been improved compared to Weleda's old hair range. Smells good - mainly, unsurprisingly, of rosemary and ginger - though smells at its strongest when one sticks one's nose at the bottle. And smell goes fast; I added rosemary oil. Texture: not too thick, not too thin, easy to apply through hair; on normal hair, I barely leave on for a minute. Hair is already well detangled while being rinsed out - generally a good indicator that a conditioner has done its job insofar as detangling hair goes. Dries (naturally) quite slowly (as seems to be usual for silicone-free conditioners, in my experience); scent is still there but very mild, and more enigmatically spicy. Nice.

Once dry, hair is soft, shiny, silky, bouncy. Very touchable, and easy to run hands through. (I have to stop myself from tossing my mane around like in the L'Oreal advertisements...) Seems thicker and more voluminous than with other conditioners. Scalp happy too: mine gets dry patches and occasionally eczematic flakes with some ingredients and conditioners, and goes super-greasy with others. It's very definite about loving or loathing hair stuff, and loves this.

The matching shampoo's OK - still using Aveda Shampure off and on, and I've found that mixing in the Weleda shampoo with the Shampure works a treat: using about 1:5 (1 part Weleda to 5 parts Shampure).

I've also been using the Weleda Rosemary Hair Lotion: as a pre-wash, just massaged gently into scalp at start of shower, left for a couple of minutes while I do the rest of cleaning, then rinsed out and shampoo. I then mix one drop (no more! this stuff's intensive) with the Rosemary & Ginger Conditioner in the palm of my hand before application. Makes the scent even more rosemary-ish, and hair and scalp seem to be happy. I've noticed that hair seems stronger and less prone to breakage: none on pony-tail bands, and less of it down the drain and on my hair-brush; although, to be fair, I don't know what other factors should be considered, and this is not a proper controlled experiment.

Like all Weleda products, not tested on animals; fair trade; no silicones, parabens, etc., etc. Costs around EUR 10.50-12.20; GBP 7.95; USD ??? Readily available in Europe (and very popular - Weleda's hair stuff is classic, even - in continental Europe). The price of their conditioners has nearly doubled with this new formulation and more grown-up packaging. Sigh. Still, cheaper than many other comparable ones - in terms of green-ness, ingredients, formula, scent, and of course performance - so remains a very good deal.

And I'm comparing not only to other "green" brands (Avalon, Burt's Bees, Faith in Nature, Giovanni, Green People, Jason, John Masters, Korres, Lavera, Shi Kai): this stuff measures up to high-end lovelies - "greener" and less so - that perfomed as well, or just about nearly as well (Aveda, Bumble & Bumble, Fekkai tho' not so good on me, Joico, Kerastase, Kiehl's, L'Occitane, Molton Brown, MOP not good on me, Nexxus, Ojon, Trilogy).

A word of warning: while this is lovely, and the new lemon balm and orange flower one smells nice, Chamomile & Calendula - the new version of one of my favourite conditioners of all time, ever ever ever - is grotty: sort of mouldy muddy banana. Really grim. I can't imagine what Weleda were on when they reformulated that one. Maybe the peel of singularly skanky old bananas.

Second warning: goes "off" fast.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Zingiber Officinalis (Ginger) Root Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Zingiber Officinalis (Ginger) Root Oil, Citral*, Limonene*, Linalool*.
*from natural essential oils (i.e. naturally present in the essential oil) continued >>