October 2, 2014 | 1028 users online

Eye Shadow - Ben Nye - Black Plum

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Imagine mixing brick with wine and that's what this shade looks like. Or perhaps what the colour of black plum jam would be, given the deep amber flesh mixed with the dark purple red skin? (Forgive my weird imagination, LOL!) I read all the reviews and saw that none of the reviewers had my skin tone or hair and eye colouring, but I got it anyways and it's surprisingly wearable! Warmish shades like this, provided they work with your skin tone, are great for blue eyes. It works well with it's lighter and brighter sister, Burgundy. Ben Nye shadows are quite smooth and pigmented, but because they're a smidge powdery, they're easier to blend than most mattes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first ben nye eyeshadow and I'm absolutely loving it! Color is a mixture of dark brown with purple, orange and burgundy. Sorta reminds me of a redder version of Mac's Swiss chocolate eyeshadow. I love wearing this color on my outer v and along the lower lash line. Makes my brown eyes pop! Def would repurchase! ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with a previous reviewer, Black Plum is a deep chocolate laden dark plum matte color (think brown-based deep plummy-purple color) and is a gorgeous brown-based eyeshadow. As a lover of neutral eye makeup, I am always on the hunt for brown eyeshadows that have a unique coloring or undertone, and upon first seeing this eyeshadow it had me at “hello!” This color is gorgeous and I like it so much that since having it in my makeup collection, I will not do a plum and/or purple eye design without using this eyeshadow in some way and to be quite honest, I am so obsessed by this eyeshadow that I have almost forgotten about my collection of plum and purple eyeshadows.

This eyeshadow is also a wonderful blush and/or contour color. As with all Ben Nye Pressed Eyeshadows, they are finely milled, very pigmented & blendable, and have remarkable staying power.

The best thing about these eyeshadows is that they come in a 36mm professional refill pans and only cost $6.99 each. I purchased this eyeshadow from Funhouse Theatrical, an eBay vendor, (please note: that this vendor also has its own website which offers a larger inventory of goods than their eBay store; however, the shipping costs from their website is more expensive, thus I only buy products from this vendor’s eBay store). Ben Nye Pressed Eyeshadows as well as all Ben Nye products can be found in costume stores or anyplace where theatrical makeup is sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by achenm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Deep, burgundy brown. Rather similar to Mac Folie, but more intense and with a touch more red in it. Pigmentation and wear are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Deep chocolate laden dark plum. Gorgeous color for eyes, blush/contour. Super pigmented. Blends and applies like a dream. Cost $6 for palette refill. (NW45 or HIP818)